The Tangle Got a secret, can you keep it
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Fear strikes her as he knocks her over and for a moment she's afraid he's gone too far, pushed too hard. She gives a startled Yelp and sheds a tear at the thought of Surya coming across her mangled remains. She didn't want to be found. Not like that. 
But he doesn't kill her. Instead he pours his heart out, breaking apart in front of her, mourning the family and pack that he lost. Humans. But wasn't that always the case? Wasn't their greed always a wolf's undoing? 
She feels a wetness on fur and for a moment thinks he has bitten her- but she feels no pain. Her eyes widen in realization that he's crying. Sobbing against her breast like a pup needing it's mother. The cold water of the stream flows around her hindquarters, soaking her, but she ignores it. Instead, almost robotically, she finds herself grooming him. Comforting him. 
"I can't forgive you. Not yet." She answers softly. "But you can start by making a choice. If you continue to take your pain out on others, and destroy others lives, you are no better than your former mate." 
She wriggles out from underneath him, still laying prone. "I grew up very far away from here. In a land called Greece. It was me, my mama and papa, and my two sisters. We were hungry a lot, and the pen we were kept in was dirty. Humans paid to look at us. My sister's got sick. A skin disease. I got it too. And one day humans came and took us away. They put me and my mother in cages. I never saw my papa again." She sighed, eyes downcast. "I was brought to a strange land, with strange wolves that spoke strange languages. The pens were bigger, and we were given food and medicine. But Mama just got sicker. One day they took her away and she never came back." She was surprised at herself, spilling her whole story like this. "I spent a year with those wolves. Haymitch, Hazenthelea, Morgana, Blackstar, RiverFern. FearClaw. They because my pack. And then humans struck again. They cut the fence and shot stinging things at us, burning part of the facility down. Blackstar and Morgana were recaptured. RiverFern was hit by a car. FearClaw was killed while trying to get us food. Haymitch was part dog, and looked enough like one he found some humans to love him. Hazenthelea just vanished one day." It surprised her that nearly a year later she still remembered their names and faces. "I wandered alone for months. Eating garbage and fishing. Stealing food from humans. And then I found here." 
Messages In This Thread
Got a secret, can you keep it - by Aphrodite - May 14, 2020, 06:57 PM
RE: Got a secret, can you keep it - by Aphrodite - May 14, 2020, 08:09 PM
RE: Got a secret, can you keep it - by Aphrodite - May 15, 2020, 02:15 AM
RE: Got a secret, can you keep it - by Aphrodite - May 15, 2020, 02:44 AM
RE: Got a secret, can you keep it - by Aphrodite - May 15, 2020, 12:25 PM
RE: Got a secret, can you keep it - by Aphrodite - May 16, 2020, 05:14 PM
RE: Got a secret, can you keep it - by Aphrodite - May 18, 2020, 06:17 PM
RE: Got a secret, can you keep it - by Aphrodite - May 18, 2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Got a secret, can you keep it - by Aphrodite - May 19, 2020, 03:07 PM
RE: Got a secret, can you keep it - by Aphrodite - May 20, 2020, 02:43 AM
RE: Got a secret, can you keep it - by Aphrodite - May 20, 2020, 02:56 PM