Weather:Rainy
Hot
Midday
TERRITORY: Northstar Vale
TAGS: @Takeshi

Peasant
Peasant
Peasant

The young man was brooding, body dipped within the shallow pool of the springs where he laid, his shoulders and back showing above the warm water where rivets cascaded down.

Plop. Plop.

The drips of moisture that had collected on the ceiling of the little cave eventually fell, sounding their sweet rings against the surface and ultimately causing the youth to twitch his ears and glare. His peace was disturbed, his mind still angry and bitter at the fact he was the lowest rank.

Perhaps he should leave.

No.

It was only for a month, right? He could stay here, hidden away from others; They wouldn't know he was here till the moon was high and his rank was changed. Perfect. Maybe. He grumbled at the thought, considering it before ultimately dipping his head within the water and soothing his fur down into flat ribbons.
MY PUPILS FROZEN, EYES LOCKED ON YOU
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Clay wasn't the only one brooding. Takeshi was annoyed- annoyed with the misinformation spread by Hime, annoyed with Reiko's new post-pregnancy attitude. Annoyed with the wounds along his shoulder and neck that blistered with pain each time he stretched too far. He should've been happy as a new father, but life was hell right now, and for once he decided to leave Reiko alone.

Let her be- find some alone time, take a warm, hot bath... and so the man slipped his way into the hot pools of the cave, letting the heat relax him as his eyes closed... until he heard a grumble that was uncomfortably close. Was he that unobservant? He hadn't even noticed the slate grey wolf just a couple yards away.

They looked annoyed, but... pretty. Warm doe eyes, gentle features and yet defined cheekbones that communicated some maturity. He eyed the individual as they dipped their head beneath the water, silver fur flowing out like it was possessed by some magic. Not the pure white fur of Reiko, but perhaps this wolf was even more ethereal- and he stared like a creep, hypnotized. Uh, He mumbled awkwardly, before clearing his throat and trying again, Hey, babe. What's got you looking so down, sweetheart?
185 Posts
Ooc —
Clay had noticed someone enter— the soft sounds of their pawsteps echoing within the cave before the ultimate splash of ripples of the water where they waded. It rocked the cool liquid around him, stretching his silver fur against it and distracting him once more. He visually paid no mind as he turned away to hide from them in annoyance. 'Is this a popular place?' The prince thought. Had he been wrong to come here in an attempt to stay hidden?

It wasn't until a mumble, an awkward clear of the throat and the sweet tune of a voice to match that the boy whipped around to face the offender. His fur sought to ruffle, to puff up in agitation and show his side—but the water had weighed him down as if he was a wet mouse. No matter—he still stalked over with a murderous gaze and crinkled nose. Who was this creep? Hitting on him as if he was a dame in distress.

He didn't need anyone.

"If you're looking to get your knot wet I assume you look somewhere else," Clay sounded, voice filled with disgust as he stood inches from their face. His parents had never taught him to speak filthy language, and he was sure both of them would be dead in the ground at such a sentence.

Luckily they weren't at the empire.
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The wolf came closer, making Shi's heart beat fast with excitement- had it ever been this easy for him? But the look in the steely individual's gaze told the baron that they had something else in mind. The worst part of it all came when they spoke. Deep. Manly. And definitely not a pretty girl. Takeshi could feel the heat in his cheeks developing, and wondered if that beet-red blush would shine right through his fur.

And not to mention the words- even Takeshi was quite the... explicit individual, but such words were beyond what he was used to from anyone else. Usually he was the boldest in the room with his disgusting suggestions... and it felt nice to meet someone else with the balls to say such things. Still, the embarrassment clung to him like a rosy cloak, and he ducked his head, coughing and then clearing his throat. 

Ah, um- excuse me. I mistook you for someone else, He brushed it off as casually as he could, though he still felt ashamed. I assume you're new here, ....? He questioned, leaving the blank for the boy to answer his name if he wished. Sure, Shi could be wrong, but he knew he for one had not seen this man on their turf before.
185 Posts
Ooc —
Clay continued to glare at the individual as they sputtered and coughed in embarrassment. It felt nice to evoke such a reaction from another, and the imperian couldn't help but feel a bit of pride. "You're excused." He snapped coldly in return with his tail high.

At least this crowfodder had enough manners to apologize.

Stepping away from them, the slate male gave the other the view of his back, and along with it his shredded hind as he returned to his previous spot; far away and out of touch. He didn't trust the ghost—not with his memorable entrance. He would keep his distance now.

If the other advanced he would run.

"It's considered uncouth to ask for one's name without giving their own first."
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The steely boy moved away then, but not without a biting tongue that riled Takeshi's fur. Shi's own fumble had made him look like a fool... and now this peasant thought he could direct the beast as he pleased. Takeshi's eyes narrowed. Who do you think you are, telling me what's uncouth? He snorted with a smirk and a raised eyebrow.

You're a peasant. I'm Reiko's husband, and now the emperor considering she's given birth. You don't have a damn right to refuse my question. He eyed Clay then, brows wrinkling together with annoyance. I'm Takeshi, if you must know. And you better learn to respect me.
185 Posts
Ooc —
The male flicked his ear to the sound of the others snort, their words bitter and ignorant. It rose the boys blood, and with a flash he turned around to face the other with a stern scowl.

A peasant.
Reiko's husband.
Emperor.

The emperor. Clay's heart clambered within his chest, his throat tight at the reality of his harsh words towards his superior. His first day within the Vale and he had already made a muck of things. Silently cursing himself of letting his image be ruined, the slated boy stood up. Marching towards the man with a high posed head.

Should he talk back?

Should he roll onto his belly for forgiveness?

"You have whelps and a loving wife yet you flirt with another? How would she feel knowing of your transgression?" Clay spat
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
He came towards Takeshi then, and accused him of just the right thing to get the emperor nervous. He wouldn't show it- but that remark suddenly had him scrambling for a response. This peasant seemed to hate him already; it would only pile on worse if Shi was honest- at least, that's what went through his head. 

Play it cool, Takeshi. You're the emperor.
And Reiko knows you've flirted with Hiromi. What's the harm in one more?

He kept his eexpression calm as he chuckled in his throat, shaking his head. Where Reiko and I come from, men of great status often have many wives. It was a lie he told smoothly, despite the tension he could feel in his veins. Considering I'll be emperor any day now, I figured there was nothing wrong with searching for my second,. He rumbled casually, and then with a snort- Though you're not exactly what I was hoping for.
185 Posts
Ooc —
Clay's gaze tightened slightly at the other, eyeing him up and down while he spoke. He was the same level as man, though far more underweight and lengthy. As far as he could tell the other was calm and collected. No hint of his lie within sight.

Holding his breath, the emerald gaze continued to pierce through the other before he drew a pawstep back, his bent tail tucking between the confine of his hind legs as he lowered his front half. How odd. "I have never heard of such a thing...I ask that you forgive my outburst, dear lord..."

It pained Clay to speak such words, to grovel in front of the other. He couldn't explain the air Takashi gave off—unsettling if anything. It shook his bones, embedding deep with his flesh along with slight fear of the man's arrogance. "I am Clay Apaata. Price of Easthollow. Brother to Ira, leader of Kaisteloki." He sounded, still frozen bound to the earth below where he was level with the emperor's paws.
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The boy apologized, and a small breath of relief exited Takeshi, knowing his lie had been played well enough. Though having someone being so... respectful to him felt almost awkward. Takeshi had never been respected. Not mocked either, but something more like hated, for who he was and his massive ego. And though finally receiving this treatment felt strange, it also felt right- as if he was always destined for this. The power made him hungry for more, and he wondered how marvelous it could be to have the whole pack bowing to him in time... but he subdued his great dreams, focusing on the present.

Clay Apaata. A royal himself by blood- a prince, and brother to the leader of their allies. Shi's gaze softened slightly upon him, to know that this was not some unimportant asshole. Probably used to a high place in his old pack... and Takeshi couldn't blame him there, despite his initial rudeness towards the emperor. The pale beast knew the weight of an ego. 

It's a pleasure to meet you, Clay Apaata. Unfortunate that we got off on the wrong foot- I'm sure you'll be rising up the ranks in no time. And Shi wouldn't mind at all as long as Clay stayed away from his women... though he had no idea how little he needed to worry about that.
185 Posts
Ooc —
It was only when the emperor's voice rung that Clay darted his tongue out to lick his nose nervously, gazing upwards and drawing back to rise. He did so slowly, deliberately. Just in case the lord was displeased and wanted him to remain.

He didn't like the fact Takeshi was quick to change personalities. The man that had demanded attention and reprimanded him as a peasant was gone, replaced with that of a noble. Clay's ears flicked slightly as he listened around.

Were others here?

Was it just them?

"Likewise...sir." He responded, still looking towards the ground, baring the nape of his neck towards the other in a show of respect. "Thank you, sir. I wish to as well so that I may bring my beloved here." The boy's voice was quick, quiet. Sharp and accented as he gave over his authority to the pale beast. He didn't want to upset the man more, to evoke a rage and have his place destined to be at the bottom. It still burned though, the feeling. The disdain for his current obedience.

Valour.

He wished Valour was here. He wished Valour would be with him.
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
He rose, and Shi smiled as if pleased. Just as Clay thought- good cop, bad cop routine. Ordering the boy around one minute and kind the next, just as he was with Reiko, or anyone who he saw as below him, really. The Apaata returned his sentiments, though Takeshi wasn't sure whether he was being honest or not. A good liar, but not so great at reading other people and their intentions. 

The word that the boy had a beloved was a relief- it meant he would keep his paws off of Reiko, or so he hoped. But Shi was curious, and Clay's submissiveness spurred him onward to more questions- Your beloved, is she in another pack? He wondered without judgement, though clearly quite oblivious.
185 Posts
Ooc —
'she,'

Clay froze up. His throat feeling tight as he struggled to swallow a stone that had somehow became lodged within. "Uhm—Yes, sir. He is leader of another pack. A warlord," he replied before slowly drawing back to stand up.

He needed to leave.

"It is getting late. I should leave—may I go?" He questioned, tail stiff as it was tucked underneath his hocks. He didn't like revealing such a personal thing to the emperor. Something still so vile and foreign to him, perhaps foreign to the empire as well.
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Oh. The piece about his beloved being a leader was interesting enough, but presently overshadowed by the other piece of information he had just recieved. He wanted to apologize, to blurt out ah, my mistake- but his first apology had led to him being put down by the peasant. Though Clay seemed respectful now, Takeshi was hesitant to give him the chance to shame him again... and so said nothing, only nodding casually. 

Unfortunately the boy seemed uncomfortable now, and though he had not meant to cause such a reaction with his assumption, Shi also felt it was not his job to coddle others feelings. Nor did he care to keep the peasant here for further conversation- and so when Clay asked to leave, the emperor-to-be nodded again. Of course you may leave. It was a pleasure meeting you, Clay Apaata, Shi murmured agreeably, shutting his eyes as he sunk back into the relaxation of the place.