Morningside Cuesta sons & daughters
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 
the matriarch had slipped away with the intent to hunt, slipping just past the borders into a comfortingly familiar territory she'd frequented less than she'd like to have. it was bittersweet, walking the old hunting trails etched into her memory. they were changed now, of course, the wear of seasons wearing away at that perfect familiarity. 

the sky stretched blue above, and the huntress paused a moment to watch the gentle pinks and golds painted there. the sun rose barely above the horizon, the clouds scattered in that perfect way that ensured a colourful start to the day. breath left her in a sigh, and she slipped into an easy trot, gaze seeking something that might sate her brood that day. 
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
He had traveled back from the far land that he now lived in an attempt to find those that he had thought would, initially, create his home. As it happened–he found none of them and while sadness seemed to greet him like an old friend; he was dismissive. He wanted to look forward to new possibilities. As the day became clear and the sunshine kissed the earth he set forth to say goodbye to the little area he had known. Naturally, with his lack of navigational skills new area began to become clearer to him and he decided the exploration was quite worth the possibilities. Perhaps a new herb [to him] lay in wait to be discovered.

This is not the case. Instead, he is brought the view of another moving at a brisk pace through the land. She seemed focused and yet without direction and he halts in his tracks. They were on the same path, though a fair distance apart and he wondered: Had she seen him? His movement stopped, his eyes careful, and he greeted her from his stand with a throaty chuff. His tail swayed side to side offering a friendly appearance, but Soleon would remain light on his toes and prepared to leave should she show any signs of ill intent.
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
there, alone in the colouring grey of the morning, stands another figure. she pauses, thoughts of the hunt set aside for a moment as she straightens. his appearance is unfamiliar, distinguishing enough that she certainly would have remembered if she'd met the stranger before. 

she chuffs, an easy greeting, and she comes to a stop. he appears friendly enough, and in a moment, her tail echoes his own. "good morning," she calls, on a whim, guessing, "are you from legion?" their neighbours are the next nearest pack, and the cuesta has always been a good hunting ground.
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
She approaches him after giving him a similar greeting and with a welcoming lilt he decides she’s of kind demeanor and warm spirit. Hasty to this judgement, and silently chastising himself as he’d been wrong before, he offered her a gentle smile. She mentions Legion and his head becomes betwixt in curiosity. How did she know? She certainly didn’t smell the same as Spook, “Well, not quite. I’m to see about it,”

Quite to the point; wasn’t she?

“My name is Soleon Mathias. I’m just exploring a bit,” He bowed his head to her quite excitedly as he rattled off his name and stood in quiet expectation that she would do the same for him. He didn’t much do well with these things not being returned, equally, it was so much nicer to be able to play a name with a face.

IMPALA
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
a potential joiner, then. his curiosity is noted, and she clarifies after a moment. "legion are our neighbours." ones she ought to check in on, perhaps after her visit to Valette and Easthollow. a name, then, and a purpose. muzzle curves in easy smile, though her days of exploring are most, if not all, long passed. 

"dawn morningside, of whitebark stream," she introduces in turn, motioning with a sweep of her muzzle to the north of here. "my mate and I claim the territory just north of here." 

"have you been in the Wilds long?" 
she queries, wondering idly just what kind of explorer the man before her is, and what exactly might be the object of his journey.
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
She explains the query of his home base and he nods, “Well then hopefully I’ll be a neighbor soon. Are you allies?” He straightens himself out, still curious, and wonders about this Whitebark Stream. He hadn’t heard of it before now. Of course, he didn’t even know much of Legion either he still managed to say something about it.

“It’s certainly nice to meet you!” His tail offered a gentle wag, his face a softening smile, and his eyes found the North. So she was the leader of The Stream. What was she doing out unaccompanied? He supposed she wasn’t far, but wasn’t it dangerous? Women hadn’t left Glaciem without a guard? Unbeknownst to him perhaps his world knowledge was a bit sexist.

“No, I just got here. I was with these wolves that tried to stay together. Morningside? That didn’t seem to hold out,” His eyes looked a little sad. He missed those that he had gotten relatively close to, but there was nothing to be done about it, “And I’ve only just met a Legionite that invited me there. So, now I’m trying that out I’spose,”

IMPALA
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
her muzzle dips in a soft affirmative, though the specifics of that she'll need to confirm fairly soon. with her brood finally approaching the four-month mark, she finds herself once again with room to breath, to move, without worry for them consuming her every thought. 

"we are on friendly terms with them, and a pack to the south of here - Easthollow." his exclamation is met with a smile, his easy amiability contagious. her tail wags behind her once more, though her ears sweep forward, intrigue carved onto her expression when he mentions Morningside. it's too close, too simple an explanation for her mind not to fill in the gaps. she hopes, truly, that she's wrong. "the leader of these wolves wouldn't be Sunny, would they?" 

"from what I know, legion is a good group. all the packs that I know of north of the sunspire range would make good homes," she offers. obviously, she's yet to learn about ursus; the taiga is rich in prey and space, yet rather isolated.
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
She seems calmed to explain things. Which Soleon is appreciative of. He came off as nosy or pushy when it came to gathering information, but truthfully he just had a genuine thirst for knowledge. The Lead of a local pack was likely the best source of knowledge he could come by. A quizzical look enters his eyes upon the mention of Easthollow, “I don’t know them either,” He admits. Perhaps he needed to get around more….

He becomes a touch apprehensive as her next question rings out. Sunny? Yes, he was the one? Soleon had met him briefly and then suddenly he was no where to be found. As though he had disappeared with the others. Admittedly the male was a bit upset that he’d been left alone so quickly. Especially regarding his eagerness to fall in their line, “Yes’m, but he’s gone now,” To where? Well Soleon wasn’t sure.

“I’m sure I’ll become more knowledgeable. I’ve been travelling around and casually collecting herbs or studying them,” Being a medic meant having a keen eye for things that were new or different and finding how they might be relative. It was also a lot of trial and error, headaches when trying the wrong medicine, and far more adverse effects when proceeding without caution.

IMPALA
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
when soleon confirms it, her lips tighten a moment. disappointment, first and foremost, blossoms. she's given her brother so many chances, beginning from their childhood together. she remembers conversations, fragments between herself and her father. 

Grayday found that the only thing he could do was speak from his heart. "Look, Dawn - I'm worried about you and your brother. I know that things haven't been great between the two of you, but he loves you," he said earnestly, his voice quiet and, honestly, a little desperate. "It just... it kills me to have this distance between us. I know that he left. It hurt me, too. But he was young, and he missed home, and he's not as strong as you."

she knows she's not been perfect. when the plains had burned and they'd lost so many, she hadn't returned from her failed mission to find the missing. she'd made mistakes. but she's grown weary of going after her brother, despite the promise she made to Grayday all those years ago. "I'll go see him, Da. For you." their relationship had never been entirely smooth, but this — disappearing, to return months later only to disappear within a few days, and to learn he'd been here, trying to rebuild something long dead without sending word, seemingly discontent with what she'd built on the creek — wounded deeply. 

sadness, then, as something finally shifts. she will not stop loving her brother. but she can no longer trust him, can not expect anything from the man who comes and goes from her life like the tide. it is bone-deep, a tired, aching thing, and then it fades. 

smile returns, a little less easy than it had been before. "my brother. he's got a tendency of doing that." small sigh, though she tampers down whatever other feelings might come with the knowledge of her littermate's activities; those can be dealt with later. 

the information he volunteers next has her test for, and notice, the distinct herbal smell that seemed to come with the trade, and one that seemed to be adhering to her daughter as of late. "my daughter's taken to herbs and healing, lately — we have a healer, aphrodite, in our ranks, who I'm sure would be willing to share her knowledge with another interested learner, should you ever be interested." she does not know the depth of the healer's expertise, but surely there exists some way in which they might trade knowledge; she remembered seeking out the same thing for morningside's healer when she'd been a yearling.
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
He is curious as to why her expression fails for a moment. His eyes tracing the thight line that becomes her lips and he watches as the thoughts seem to sew themselves together within her mind. Something bad? She knew Sunny...perhaps Soleon hadn't been keeping the best of company? Though, perhaps the male had changed. That was a possibility, right?

Evidently not as Dawn revealed the truth to him. Soleon offered a sheepish expression and a meager, "Oh," His opinion had dwindled since he had been left to figure things out. It was a bit sad, "Well...your brother has potential," It was the easiest compliment and shot to the male he could make simultaneously. Potential was a weird thing. On one hand Potential meant the capability to become better...but it also meant there was present mediocrity. 

His ears perked as she talked about her daughter and a mysterious Aphrodite that could possibly add to his resume. If he could just acquire more knowledge he could easily become an adept medic. That was the goal. He wanted no question of his capabilities. A smile lit up his face, "I'd certainly love to meet the both of them. Sharing knowledge seems to be the fastest way to learn," 

IMPALA