Blackbeak Bluff Shadows of the night appear...
。+゚☆゚+。Fly me to the moon。+゚☆゚+。
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Private 
Sorry this is a bit late, but heres a starter for when you get back :3 @Taikon

Long, sunny days called for even longer nights, and there was nothing Lunaria loved more than long nights. It was funny in a way, actually. Despite her tribe living off the belief of multiple gods that controlled the earth, Lunaria never held belief towards such a thing, let alone any other religion. And yet she just so happened to be a wolf named after their night goddess, preferring the moon's company over the sun's. Luna doubted such a thing had any correlation with each other, but maybe those elders who scolded the fae for her skepticism probably weren't as crazy as she initially thought. 

She'd miss their guidance regardless....

As the she-wolf approached farther into the grassy trail, the greenery beneath her feet suddenly turned into an earthy coloration. Eyes trailed forward towards where the grass ended and Luna realized she'd been walking towards a cliff — a cliff of all things. Her heart nearly jumped out of her chest; if Luna hadn't looked up earlier, she'd been gone for good. The morbid thought sent a chill through her body, yet hysterical chuckles followed soon after and caused her to roll on her back laughing. 'What I situation that would be. Lunaria, you numbskull!'

The moon soon emerged from the clouds and bathed the earth surrounding Lunaria in a soft, alluring glow. She rolled back onto her feet and sat on her rump just to stare up at the sky's globe and the sparkling stars that surrounded it — it was a sight to behold as it is every night. The daytime was where all the creatures and wolves alike thrived, but not even blue skies and fluffy clouds could beat such a celestial view.
[Image: da6698m-a8f89b53-b982-4210-bdbf-0270bf6457d3.gif]
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Tag for reference; this is openly assuming that Taikon is now a pack member of Whitebark Stream; date is fuzzy
Nothing could keep the prince from wandering. Some people had referred to this flaw of character as "wanderlust" to him in the past, warning of his eventual resignation to the mundane and routine. Taikon still was holding onto the idea that even living among the Whitebarks, he was somehow "other" in their tight-knit world.
@Aphrodite had been keeping him busy of late learning the ins and outs of the pack and the secrets of the territory. Being around others so constantly was not something the loner male was used to at all, having spent more of his life alone than among others. Part of him enjoyed it, but the rest was prone to escape. He needed time alone to recharge, despite the blue-eyed healer's enjoyable company.
So, he had abandoned his new post for quite some time, leaving in the direction of the sea for no other reason than to remind himself that his legs still worked and he indeed had the freedom to do so. Taikon was not an animal to be domesticated so easily, even by pretty eyes.
When he reached the shores of the Sequoia coastline, he had thought of turning back. This is far enough, he had told himself, at first. But pride drove him on; the sun's light waned and his more familiar moonlight showered his white coat as he reached the Bluff.
The sound of crashing waves against the rocky cliff was intoxicating to the soul, and Taikon walked toward it as if in a daze. He was thinking about his new life. It felt like it had been thrust upon him, but he had chosen it, and thus far he enjoyed it.
It was here that he noticed the shape of a wolf, its outline cast brilliantly as the sea reflected the evening light around her like a halo. Taikon stopped. Evening, he said, rather loudly so as to project over the ocean's relentless song.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
The sounds of ocean's waves crashing beneath her was almost therapeutic. How lucky the wolves of that pack she'd met just this morning are to call such an enchanting place their home. For a moment, Lunaria thought about making this newfound wonderland her home as well, but the young wolf knew she had no time to linger around any longer. There was so much more land to cover and so many more new faces to meet; staying back would simply hinder that precious time. But even so, Lunaria would make sure to visit this place again one day after her journey is done, she'd be a fool to pass up a chance to see Huā again anyhow.

Just as Luna was about to close her eyes and allow her senses take in the relaxing ambience instead, a voice erupted from behind the fae. Her large eyes flashed back open and she quickly twisted around to see another wolf standing a couple feet behind her. Strange, she must've missed their approaching scent within the seabreeze.Evening to you as well stranger. You nearly scared me off the edge of this cliff y'know... Lunaria quipped humorously in a soft voice, sighing to ease her alarmed heart rate.
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
omg I love your colour job <3

When the dark wolf turned around, Taikon was stunned to see a pair of luminous eyes gaze back at him. While she was not the first in the Wilds he had met with such startling eyes, he was nonetheless surprised by them. As she answered, he moved closer to her so as to hear her better, perking his ears and frowning a bit at her reply. Apologies, miss, he said calmly, hoping that she hadn't been serious. He wondered what she was doing way out here on her own, but thought it rude to ask, and so held his tongue.
Instead, he looked out at the sea, smiling softly at the glitter of the moonlight riding its waves. I came to enjoy the coast at night. I've only seen it like this a few times, he said, seating himself a few feet away from her. They were strangers, but there was no sense being overly cautious. If he was going to harm her, this was a very easy time and place to do it; his mien had nothing brutish about it.
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Ty! I love your art <3 ;v;

Upon hearing the mysterious male apologize, Lunaria tilted her head sideways and frowned. Did the humorous jab she made come off as aggressive? Hopefully not since she certainly didn't mean it that way, but just in case, the she-wolf wanted to clear up the confusion. "No need to apologize, I was simply pulling your tail a lil' is all..." Luna said with a warm smile, slowly wagging her tail as an invitation to say that she meant no harm.

The femme peered into the darkness to observe the male as he approached. Eyes of molten gold were the first thing that shone through the darkness, following a thick coat of pale whites and creams once he stepped into the moonlight. Their attention had turned towards the sea and he mentioned coming here to admire the picturesque view of the night as well. Her eyes fluttered closed and she turned herself back towards the sky while speaking, the soft expression still plastered on her features. "Assuming that's a few times many more than I've actually seen it then. This is my first time seeing the nightsky over an ocean. I envy you..."
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Taikon had not come from anywhere near the ocean. Riding Mountain itself was quite far from the coast, but after leaving the Farukans, he had travelled far and wide. A handful of times he had found himself traversing the beaches of the Pacific. It had seemed a largely inhospitable place to him. Prey in the area was strange and difficult to tackle. Scavenging seemed the only reliable food source.
He had made a point to return many times because of its beauty, however. Usually, this was during the day.
The stranger said this was her first night view of the sea, at which Taikon looked briskly to her, smiling broadly. Envy me? What I would give to experience this again for the first time, he said, gesturing to the grand display before them.
Indeed it was a great thing. The waves rippled beneath them, glinting the light of the moon as they broke. Hearing the crashes of many without the ability to see them was somehow thrilling. The sea birds were absent, safe and sound on their rocky coves. Without their cries, it was only the purity of the ocean.
I'm Taikon, he introduced with a slight bow.
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
In response to his small comment about being able to take in the sky's beauty for the first time again, Luna placed a paw on her lips, humming and pretending to ponder for a few seconds before turning back towards the sire "I suppose you're right, perhaps I am a little lucky after all~" she shot him a cheeky grin, like a child boastful about a game they'd just won. It was normal for her to playfully joke around like this with strangers and family alike, it was Luna's own little way of lightening the mood. It was also her own little way of purposefully annoying the hell out of her brother for fun, but nobody needed to know that. Not even Solarus...

The male had bowed to the she-wolf respectively and her features softened bashfully, hurriedly turning her torso towards him in a clumsy fashion to do the same. Crown dipped low and a paw scooted towards her chest; exactly the way she'd been taught to since puphood. "Lunaria, although you may call me Luna if you'd like. A pleasure to meet you Taikon." She raised her head and looked back up at him before continuing. "Would you care for a closer view of the stars? I won't attempt to push you off the edge if you happened to think such a thing". Lunaria looked him in the eye while she said so. A part of her wanted to see his reaction when she mentioned "pushing him off the edge", which resulted in a slight smirk that secretly held in a laugh.
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Her mischievous smile had a fluttering warmth to it, youthful and lovely. She had a way about her that reminded him of a girl he'd grown up with from what seemed like another life. The flash in Lunaria's eyes had that same gleam from a person he had closely associated with childhood innocence.
Taikon recalled the girl in question; she'd gotten angry with his six-month old self because he'd told her he didn't think she was pretty. It was she who had taught him that you must always think girls are pretty and tell them so, even if you didn't really believe it. The thought made him huff a small laugh through his nose as Lunaria continued. And you as well, he countered to her polite greeting.
Her joke that she wouldn't push him off the edge caused him some pause; it was in his nature not to trust anybody new, be they woman or not. The smirk, though, he didn't find any ill-will in, and he grinned back at her rather awkwardly. Indeed, said the white wolf simple, walking closer to the edge. He had never had much of a fear of heights, but the dark abyss spilling out below them was ominous in its own right. If you don't push me off then I won't throw you off, he looked behind him to her, his face stone cold. It quickly morphed into a crude smile. Just kidding, he giggled. Come look at this.
It was, truly, magnificent. He wanted her closer to see it.
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
For a second, the black she-wolf froze and looked at Taikon's cold gaze when he responded to her little quip and thought he took her words seriously once more, but when his expression turned into a smile, her stiffened body relaxed with a sigh of relief. Looking back up at the white male, she faked a pout and breathed a sharp "hmph!" from her closed lips. "How despicable of you to think such a thing. I am far too young to die..." Luna grumbled while she watched him approach, her false hissy-fit quickly shifting into the whimsical smirk she had before.

"Hmmm?" The he wolf sat a few feet ahead of where Luna did and beckoned her to come closer, which she did out of curiosity. Her large eyes peered at him while she approached in order to see what he'd been looking at. "What is it?"
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Luna was a funny one; he liked her. Though Aphrodite had been keeping him busy and happy with his new life at Whitebark Stream, her sense of humour had much more of a flirtatious flavour to it. In some ways, he preferred the sarcastic overtones that the black she-wolf and the white male were toying with.
The view, however, Taikon was quite serious about. As Luna approached closer, apparently sure that he wasn't going to throw her off the cliff, he gestured out to the sparkling sea. In the near distance, sleek creatures flew from the waves, the moonlight reflected off their wet and aerodynamic skin. The animals leapt out in curves, then splashed back into the water. They seemed to be almost in sync with one another, for many would leap at once and fall back into the water simultaneously. 
I've never seen that before, he said. From the distance, it was hard to make out what the animals were. He assumed them to be fish, but they were far larger than any fish he had seen.
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
When Luna got up to sit beside Taikon, her celestial eyes sparkled whilst gazing at the crystalline sea's enormity. She couldn't make out how big the ocean was while walking amongst the shorelines, but the veiw here was much better. Waves illuminated in the moonlight and reflected the pixie-like stars engulfing the sky. It's as if Lunaria got caught up in a fairytale beyond ones own imagination — or at least, that's what it felt like for her.

The dark femme's veiw of the ocean was suddenly disrupted by something moving in the water.....fish? These silken creatures with streamlined bodies dipping in and out of the water's surface, making high-pitched clicking noises that made Luna's ears flicker. She did not know what they were, but they managed to make the already gradnoise scenery even more stunning. "Taikon, these large slippery-looking fish. They're much larger than the ones you'd see in rivers and lakes, don't you think?" She asked while looking from up to him and then back to the ocean, unbridled fascination being seen on her face.

486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Strange sounds came from the great school of fish. The sounds carried surprisingly far, perhaps due to some sound trickery of the rocks surrounding the coastline. The pair watched the animals as they appeared to dance in the waves, breaching and singing like a marine circus. As Luna sat beside him, he felt strangely at peace. A sea breeze ruffled the fur on his neck, and he shifted a bit in response.
It was as if they were, at just that moment, on another planet. A phantasmagoric setting such as this could not exist in his dark universe.
You're right, they're massive, agreed Taikon, staring at the creatures, blinking only after a long moment. I wonder what they do all day in the sea. I mean, other than swim, he thought out loud. There was so much they couldn't know about the water. Did it stretch on forever? Or was there another side to it just like lakes? How deep did it go? What was at the bottom?
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
"I have no idea. But that's probably the best part about this 'ocean' isn't it? So much of the unknown we have might never even discover...." Talking about the ocean's elusive nature had Luna restless to know more about it. Sadly though, the fae wasn't a fish, nor could she swim like one either, so that curiosity of the ocean might end up drowning her if she even tried. It was best to admire what she could see from a distance instead. "Although, I do imagine that those fish would make for a mighty fine meal. Just one looks like it can feed me for days." That peppy tone of hers didn't quite match up with the morbid words and for a second, the look of admiration towards the fish turned into a primal hunger. She was kidding, of course....well...not really. Luna is a huntress, afterall. Potential prey was potential prey.

Her moonstone gaze would trail back up to the night sky and soon carried the conversation to the topic that originally brought her here. "You know, there was always this small tale that my pack used to tell younger me and other pups my age. About how when we all die, our souls leave our body and turn into light—" A paw lifted and pointed to the sky while Luna continued. "—and how the stars we see at night are actually millions of souls who watch over us. I do have to admit that I was always too much of a skeptic when it came to anything that couldn't be proven but....wouldn't it be nice if such a thing was true?" The thought of loved ones being lost and reincarnated into something beautiful was almost dreamlike. And if she were to die off one day, becoming one with the sky didn't sound like such a bad idea.

"What about you Taikon? Have you been told similar stuff by your birth pack?" She questioned while turning to look back at him. It came to Luna's attention that she didn't really know much about her newly found acquaintance, so would it hurt to ask?
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Mmh, Taikon agreed, looking out at this undiscoverable mystery of big water and wondering if wolfkind could ever know anything beyond its surface. How had any of that gotten there to begin with? Perhaps is was the great flood that some religions spoke of, or maybe the world had always been this way. Regardless, he nodded firmly when she suggested that the giant fish would make a handsome meal; these were certainly terms he could understand.
As Lunaria looked to the sky, Taikon breathed slowly. It was usually difficult for him to relax, but it was hard not to feel at peace with a lovely woman by his side looking out at a masterpiece of a scene. Her smooth voice spoke of old stories and the afterlife. Taikon listened carefully, but his background had made him skeptical of such things. Where she spoke of such ideas as plausible, he failed to share this mystical view of the world. He smiled, but the expression felt empty. Death was a finite thing in his world.
It would be nice, he agreed, but didn't elaborate that it was a clearly untrue idea. He wondered what allowed Luna to take this optimistic approach when she admitted to being a skeptic. Taikon had trouble squaring the two. We were told many things, but it was different I think from being told great tales of ghosts in the sky. He breathed out a heavy sigh. He didn't enjoy talking about his birth pack. They were all insane, controlling, fascist jerks; they had done some things well, however.
My pack focused on the collection of myths and knowledge from others. I've heard similar stories to the one you mentioned, he said, pausing to try to read her expression. He was worried that this firehose of knowledge would push her away, as so often happened when he opened his fat mouth. The weirdest was probably the one where when you die, you are reincarnated as the next child born in your bloodline. Which I think someone invented to make their wife feel better about losing a child, because "oh, don't worry, he'll be reborn in your next litter" is so helpful. He rolled his eyes.
He laughed briefly, if only to help break the tension he was feeling after sharing this. He was tempted to apologize, but after all, she had asked. Instead, he sat silently, anxiety bubbling in his stomach.
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Lunaria tilted her head to listen to him at first; not so much in confusion, but in curiosity. A pack that relys on the mythologies of others...strange. Usually when the female thought of a pack other than hers, she'd invision a completely different world, so to speak. Where wolves either did not believe in Lunaria balancing the sky's stars, or Flósanerva providing them with the plants they need for medicine — rather, they had their own unique tales to tell about the world's creation. Thus being the reason of Luna's agnostic mindset & her curiosity for knowledge about other cultures.

In response to his sarcastic little quip in regards to the "bloodline" myth, a smile appeared upon her face "What a strange tale. By the time all of a mother's children passed she'd think they were all the same pup!" She said while holding a paw to her mouth and softly chuckling to herself.

When he'd finish talking, the moon goddess took note of what appeared to be a somber glance in her direction. Perhaps there was something to this story that he was hesitant to tell, though she was curious about him nonetheless. Luna wanted to know more about Taikon, at least as much as he's willing to share at his own discretion "Huh....I've never thought of it that way before." She finally spoke. "A collection of myths, huh? That's rather bizarre, yet interesting....mind telling me more?"
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Fading here so we can rethread something current <3

Luna seemed to take his sarcasm in good spirit. This was one of those rare occasions when somehow, he hadn't completely put her off by the sheer amount that he talked, nor the negative comments he spewed. Taikon knew that there were times when he could be hard to be around. It was even possible that this was most of the time. It had been so long since he'd been in a pack and around others for a long enough period to test this theory. As a younger wolf, he had been insufferable because of his obsession with status. Now, he was just annoying, or so he figured.
But the dark she-wolf seemed interested in his isms. Perhaps she truly wished to investigate his odd upbringing and lack of cultural identity. It was rare that Taikon had a person even remotely interested in listening to him talk. He thought briefly of Takiyok, wondering how the troubled wolf was doing.
I.. sure, he said. He took a pause, looking out at the sea, thinking of Aphrodite. He thought of the wolf, then of the grand image of the Goddess of the Greeks that the pack's mythologist had told him as a cub.
Where I was raised, I was from a proud pack called the Faruka, who ruled atop a great mountain not unlike the twin spires here, he gestured behind them toward the Sunspire. The most important thing to the Farukans was the pursuit of knowledge, so they had travelling pack members move throughout the region and beyond in search of other packs. They would infiltrate these packs, then eventually bring back whatever knowledge they gathered, including the myths and stories that made that pack who they were.
The two wolves, one white, the other dark as the night sky, sat beneath the stars. Taikon shared with her a polished version of his birth pack, leaving out the violence toward others that had eventually pushed him out. They spoke for a long time before eventually going their separate ways.
Taikon hoped that he might meet her again.