Redsand Canyon the only way to do great work
74 Posts
Ooc — Joja
Auriel had been gone for almost a week, travelling along the coast to discover herself. Now she was back, in the newly claimed Saint's territory. Would they even remember her, or would she be greeted with snarls of anger? She picked her way through Healer's Pass, stopping for a quick drink and a luxurious roll among the desert wild flowers, their sweet perfume sticking to her golden fur. She found herself strangely missing the misfit pack that had taken her in. 

@Derg  @Dove
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Derg lay by the flowers; spent.
Recent days have burnt and blistered his pads, the harsh stones had cut into them from sprinting across the mountain range.

He didn't know what flowers would help and had tried to just use all of them. But he didn't make it that far, and had resorted to pulling a couple of them from around him and chewed them, placing them on his open grazes, hoping for some relief.
But none came.

Auriel emerged from the pass, and he chuffed, wondering where the woman had been recently.
|  •  •  |
she'll make you take your clothes
off and go dancing in the rain
71 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
phone posting.
trade thread: caregiver 

Healer's Pass had become a frequently visited place for the priestess, not only was it an excellent place to find plants for her herbal remedies it was easily the most colorful location. It was not hard to be that though, this place was covered in crimson sand amd cliffs. A gentle hum came from her throat as she picked through wild flowers and helpful fauna, what should she dry out first? The sound of another reach her ears just as she cut off her melody, curious of these new scents. Hm, who were these wolves? Obviously pack mates but ones she had yet to meet.

"Salvete." She gave a warm smile as she looked from one to the other, a curious pair.

74 Posts
Ooc — Joja
She felt a thrill of excitement from her ears to her tail as she spotted the scarred older male, trotting towards him with a greeting bark. "You do not look well, friend." In truth they barely knew each other, but she liked him very much. 

Another had entered the Pass, one she had not met. Her golden crown dipped in greeting to the white she-wolf. Such bright, beautiful fur. "Greetings. We have not met, I assume?" 
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
His tail thumped as Auriel approached, glad for some company.
And then, a pale wolf he knew in passing as Dove.
Another one Donovan picked up.

"No, I'm in quite some pain," he smiled briefly.
His attention turned to Dove as she approached, offering her a smile too.
He'd let her introduce herself, ensuring that he didn't get her name wrong.
|  •  •  |
71 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
phone posting.

She looked from the two of them, her tightly hurled tail swaying softly against her back as a show of friendliness. It was nice to meet those she was to live with, those she would treat as her patients and friends. As she looked over them she noticed they could easily blend within the cliffs and sands of their home, was she the only colorless canine? It was comical to think of how everyone seemed to fit more than herself, a ghost among the saints.

Feather decorated ears flicked to catch both voices, the golden girl spoke firstly greeting the man first as friends and then addressing the dove. "Non.. Ah.. no, I assume not. I am called Dove." She kept her warm smile as her honeyed voice came into play, her eyes moved to the scarred man as he spoke next. She looked over the marks on his face, curious to how he got them. Perhaps she'd ask another time in a more private setting, not everyone always comfortable sharing such personal memories. He spoke of pain and her ears flickered at this, she moved closer before catching herself. "Might I ask where, I believe I can help.." She spoke gentle and gesture as a way of asking to come closer, "I have been trained in the healing arts."

74 Posts
Ooc — Joja
The she-wolf's blue depths deepened with what could have been worry, or just a mere facade of the same emotion. Another wolf with the strange curled tail she loved so dearly. "You are a part dog, yes?" She had been raised among such canines, she was more at home with them then with her own species. 

Settling down on her haunches to watch, her gaze intent as the females words intriguied her. "A healer. A purposeful and needed occupation. My name is Auriel." Among the Saints she was one of the ones most suited to their new home, her coat the same golden and red hues as the surrounding canyon walls. Her coat was short, perfect for the heated weather.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Part dog. Like many here.
Perhaps they were hated for the fact they harboured so many half breeds here?
His sister would surely have a fit as such a thing.
Or, would have some time ago.
He didn't know how much she's changed here really.

Dove asked for his injuries and he showed her his paws, "I've been running across these mountains too long," he replied to them both. He didn't know if they could both help him, but they probably could.
|  •  •  |
71 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
phone posting.

Her heritage questions, but not of malice but curiosity. She nodded before answering verbally, "yes. Akita and Samoyed, or so my mother told me." She listen to her complement and gave a sway of her curled tail as a thank you before speaking. "I hope I am of use, and a pleasure to meet you Auriel."

He accepted her notion so she moved in closer, he had said it was his paws and she found that to be curious. Had he touch hot rick after a particularly heated day, or was it abrasions from running? When she moved in to examine them she saw that it was a mixture, shallow cuts as well as much deeper ones. Those were causing most of the issues, then there was peeling. She would need a few things then, aloe vera to sooth and sterilize along with yarrow and possibly some lavender.

This is when she moved away from him to gather the herbs, it would just take a moment.

74 Posts
Ooc — Joja
Auriel was not one to judge on heritage, her own was messy and confusing. Therefore, she had no right. "I find it's better to walk on rough terrain. It will save your pads the trouble." Her own were quite roughed up themselves, now that she had stopped travelling for a moment, she notcied how much they stung.

"Would you mind terribly to look at mine as well?" She watched as this she-wolf, Dove, flit between the herbs and wild flowers, gaze roaming over her dainty figure. "I love the strange little tail you hybrids possess. Puppies with those tails would be obsolete." 
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
The breeds of dog were a foreign concept to him.
All he knew about dogs were that they were abused wolf descendants, made to look hideous for two-legged pleasure.
How they came from wolves like him, he had no idea.

"I'm Derg," he offered up, realising Dove probably had no idea who he was.
He nodded to Auriel, a quiet thank you for her advice.
Dove moved off to look for some plants that would actually help them. Perhaps he should ask for some advice.

He lat quietly, letting the pair talk.
|  •  •  |
71 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
The scarred male she had known in passing, his name had been mentioned to her on her trip to her new home but it was appreciated when he offered her his name on his own. Derg, she found his name fascinating but did not say it out loud as she spotted a few cobwebs delicately draped over a few twigs. These would do nicely to help keep anything she made into the wounds. Her tall hears perked at the mention of the golden ginger being a patient of hers now too, she gave a sway of her curled tail as she griped everything between her teeth and transported them back to the two awaiting her.

At the mention of her tail she gave it another sway before nodding, "it is a funny thing." She commented before gesturing for Auriel to get into a prone position so she could be treated as well, with the help of a flat rock she began to blend the herbs she had gathered. "I remember always playing with my brother's tail when we were pups but there were no others like us." She commented, continuing to blend.

When she was done she looked over to Derg with a gentle smile, "this might hurt a bit. I apologize in advance." This was when she pressed her mixed into his cracked and torn paws, following it up with a few clustered of cobwebs to seal it.

Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Continuing the thread, will PP Auriel out of it

She first treated the desert suited woman, talking on how she grew up.
He knew that she wouldn't have made it through his birth pack looking like she did.
She would have been shunned and outed from the word go.

"Must've been strange, growing up being so unique," he mused as she finished patching Auriel up.
The woman looked to the sky, dipped her head and took her leave for her next stage of scouting. She must be on a tight schedule.
Derg tilted his chin to Dove, "It's ok," he assured as she pressed the salve into his paws. It cooled and stung at the same time, giving him a strange, hot throbbing sensation in them. But at least it should help him.

"Thank you," he praised as she worked.
|  •  •  |
71 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
Beofre she had treated the scared man, she had made sure to put a salve on her scrapped paws, nothing too bad just simple wear and tear. A swipe of her salve and a few wrappings of leaves and she was ready to go scouting again. With a dip of her ginger head the one called Auriel was back to doing whatever she had been doing before, Dove returned the gesture before turning back to original patient. 

"Unique, that's one way to call it. I was treated harshly, I had to work three times as hard for my efforts to be noticed.. strange is true, more like harsh.. like the world." She hummed before continuing her wrapping of cobwebs on his salved pads, she noted his discomfort of the effects if gave and smiled gently.  

"You are going to need tonsty off your feet for a few days, or I. will need to change the salve and bandages every few hours in the day." She spoke with a warm tone amd authority that only a healer could wield without disrespecting their leaders. "its however you wish to handle it but I would prefer if you rest and let them heal please."

Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
He was given a relatively easy life, considering all and all.
He was normal, had a normal pack, normal upbringing.
She certainly didn't. What about Donovan? And Renard?

"I'm sorry to hear," he mused. He couldn't change it. But he could show her a better life.
"You are an equal here," equal not only because of Donovan, but because of his changed perspectives. "I think your tail is rather fetching," he complimented, hoping to boost her confidence. He didn't know if she had issues with it, but would make her feel more at home for sure.
He didn't want to be what he was brought up to be.
She finished her wrapping of leaves and finalised with a warning.

"I'll do my best," he grinned, tail waving softly.
"I can meet you at the dens every day for changing."
He would still do his duties, just a little less vigorously.
"Thank you," he finished, a grin.

|  •  •  |
71 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
He had complimented her, no, he had complimented her tail. Called it fetching and everything, a slight blush seemed to taint her pale cheeks as she turned away to hide it. That was a new one, it was actually genuine and not some flirtation to get something from her. "..thank you" she spoke quietly before returning to his next words. He would see her every day because he was not going to listen to her wanring but instead work and just get his bandages changed.

A huff, "see you tomorrow!" and then he was gone.