Iktome Plains with nothing to fear out here
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
All Welcome 
@Marisol / @Tundra. Anyone free to join
And that was it, he was off.
Off back to Blackfeather. Home.

He'd jumped for joy after leaving the Rusalka borders. He loved the wolves there, but he loved Blackfeather more. The prospect of finding his Mother, and sister.
He moved in a slow trot, ready for anything.
Ready to explore the way home.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
there is only silence
37 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
He had mentioned to her about leaving, spoke if a place in the woods where he felt at home. Shame still colored her brain still for what happened to her brother but she was finding a way to mourn him without crying outwardly, like that was a good idea.

When he left the border of place she use to call home, she followed him. A soft bark came from her lips before she winced at the pain the cost of that sound, her goal was to let him know he had a follower before trotting up beside him.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Marisol had gotten some help with her wounds, bu he wanted to go.
The pull was too strong and he did feel hella bad about it, but alas.
Soon enough though, he Marisol's bark behind him.

The chestnut boy stopped and turned to look at her, a big grin plastered to his face.
She wasn't Tundra...and he wasn't sure if the pale woman was coming.
But at least he had one companion.
He let her catch up with him, before continuing at a slower pace for her.
She'd heal in time, and he didn't mind taking a meandering route home.

"Are you feeling ok today?" he asked, concern on his face evident.

| |
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
it was odd to be subjected to such an unorthodox swell of contradictory emotions. on one paw, as she roamed to the moor's edge, she felt lighter than she had in a long, long time...the wispy trill of the woods coaxing her close with something akin to giddiness. it had been so long, too long since she'd lingered within the shadow's caress and oh how she teetered on full blown ecstasy at the prospect of going home if only for a little while. and yet, it was that exact thought process that fueled grumbling guilt sneering on the whistling back of the sea's frisky messenger. rusalka was her home, rosencrantz was her home. it felt so wrong to feel bliss at the idea of departing from him. of course, she knew that was not the case in all its truth. she had no desire to leave the scarred sentry, in fact, the mere thought of the time that will be spent away from him was the worst part about this trip. but the fact that her excitement still budded from something that tugged her away from this new life she was trying to build was the perfect target for hungering guilt and it was sure not to miss its mark. 

and yet when the soldier finally did reach the border's she'd grown so accustomed to restlessly pacing, she did not so much as waver when stepping across and continuing after rowan's skittering scent trail. amusement twirls within tenebrous pools, just imagining the excited dance to have laid out his scent in such a scattered manner. but he wasn't...alone? an intrigued arch to a slender brow as she picked up the pace to catch up to the...two. a girl, adorned in spiced earthen tones, accompanies him. blinking to rowan, she muses dryly "leaving ahead of the tour guide hm? i wouldn't consider that your smartest move yetlast thing he needed was getting himself lost especially if he'd found company in another. "and who's this?she hums, idly casting the distant coruscating surface a final look before the land would embrace them into her clutch once more; leaving the mettlesome sea and the land she toyed with behind.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
there is only silence
37 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
He had smiled at her and for some reason she could not help but  do the same. The only difference was his display was wide and excited where hers was more shy and warm. She was grateful when he moved at a slower pace but she felt guilty for holding him back, was she the only reason he had stayed this long? Heat rose in her ears as she felt a form of guilt at that partial realization, how silly of her.

He asked her a question, concern coloring his voice and that too caused guilt and some other emotion she could not name. "Today 's better than others, not too much pain when I talk" she spoke softly, trying to lessen his worry over her injury. She was going to say more but another joined them, a larger white female that made her tilt her head at the boy. Another addition, she did not mind but she waa curious to who she was.

The girl stayed quiet as she spoke about leaving, how it was too soon and yet Marisol did not think so. She saw the desire, the hope of going elsewhere in every part of Rowan. Then her gaze was on her and she could not help but step closer to the boy, wanting to feel solid again.

"Marisol." She stated simply, her voice quiet to make sure there was no pain to spike through her throat.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The young pirates' smile warmed him - not that he needed to be any warmer in this heat.
Marisol was replying to his question, which he started on answering before being cut short.
Tundra's footsteps brushed across the ground, and Rowan could see her breeze towards them.
He grinned to her as well.

"You were taking foreverrr." He jested, his eyes sparkling like champagne in a golden chalice. 
Marisol answered the question, and he dipped his head to her, "I'm glad you're healing well, take it easy, I understand," he smiled as warmly as she had. He didn't want her to make a wrong move, or talk too long, and have to seek medical help again.
That would be harder in the wilderness.

"She finds it hard to talk, because of her injuries," he lifted his head to Tundra, always a soft smile gracing his features.
| |
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
a good natured roll of her eyes at that, shaded look aglow with dangerous roguery as she lilted back "i hope you're not suggesting that i'm too old and slow for you if you know what's good for youoffering a waggish display of pearly fangs before casting the press of a keen stare to their company, head tilting a little to catch the wispy exhale on which her introduction piggy backed. "well nice to meet you marisol, i'm tundrait's hard to decipher exactly where this girl hails from, the air offering only whispers of salt and sea and she finds hersef overwhelmingly glad to be on her way to the pleasant company of verdant growth, nose agreeing much more with the busy musk of forests rather than the sharp whistle of what danced with the waters. 

an ear flicks at rowan's explanation, intrigue tipped look focusing on the girl once more, frown gracing delicate features as she murmurs "i see...well that certainly wasn't too fantastic now, what had happened to her? looking to the sneering gash upon her throat, the soldier releases a sigh to twirl with the breeze "do you mind me asking who did that? or why? i'm afraid, as rowan knows, my knowledge on healing does not go beyond the basics. i can only offer myself as a guard at the most should the giver of that still be causing you distressshe wasn't exactly certain on how wise it was for her to be travelling in such a state, especially with two knuckleheads that likely couldn't name 10 herbs between them should their lives depend on it. perhaps she herself held better knowledge but, that wouldn't be much help if she were the one lingering upon death's door. still, she hadn't come to babysit and frankly, it wasn't her place to decide whether or not she should be making the trek to blackfeather. plus, she couldn't deny being pleased to see rowan hanging out with someone his own age. 

stretching out weary muscles as lissom figure continued to prowl along, she'd hum a curious "so how do you's know each other?"
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
there is only silence
37 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
She watched as they made stabs at each other in humor and friendship. It made her wondered if she had returned to the place she once called home if she too would have had this comradery, this ease to speak with another the way she tried to with Rowan. She smiled at them as they conversed, even found her tail swaying softly before the subject came to her and the way she waa injured.

Her two toned eyes fell, her tail drooped from its friendly wave. It was as if she was trying to fold into herself as she gained the courage to speak about those that harmed her and killed her brother. "Pirates from ah-nother land, they came fer mah.." she winced at the pain as she rose her voice, trying to make sure the ivory woman heard her. "mah brother, I tried t' stop 'em but t'leader came fer me as they made 'im scream.. she gave me this.." she raised her neck to show the teeth marks in her throat, the healing wounds that were causing her pain. "held mah throat 'til I lost consciousness, when I awoke there was blood an' mah brother was gone." She dropped her head and looked over to Rowan with a sad smile, trying to show she was okay even if she wasn't.

"I can heal, this difficult on oneself though" She winced again and looked to Rowan to answer her question, she had caused enough pain to herself and unless she needed to.. she would say silent once again.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He laughed heartily, tail waving high and joyfully.
He loved Tundra's company, and now he was older she seemed more open and easy with him.
Or perhaps it was a change of the scenery.
Without the stress of the crumbling Blackfeather.

Marisol told her story which he'd not dared try to delve into. He didn't want to cause her much strife.
But here was Tundra, asking. Perhaps being older gave you bigger balls.
His heart wrenched and his stomach dropped at the story. How could others be so hateful? Well, he did know but still.
To leave her struggling so? He didn't think the angry woman would even do that.
"I'm sorry this happened to you," he mused, touching his nose to her cheek briefly.
He was very affectionate and felt like touch was the best way for him to convey his emotions.

He smiled at her, knowing that she would get better. And Tundra's offer of help was taken with a smile too. And when Marisol didn't start explaining their meeting, he knew he should take over.
"I found her over there," he flicked his chin to the nearby Plateau.
"She was still pretty beat up and infected, but I think that's reducing now," he smiled softly. He hoped he was right.
| |