Hushed Willows I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home.
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

At first, the boy looked as if he might run — Eleuthera could have been more gentle in her approach, as she was not a wolf without tact, but she was struggling with this realization as much as he might have been. She thought any wolf related to her by true blood, instead of marriage, were all dead and gone.  Perhaps the boy was lying...

but what on earth could he stand to gain from such a falsehood?

Eleuthera was a trusting soul and took all of this at face value, without putting much stock in the theory that it was all some ruse. This was a cause for celebration, was it not?! She had not a single brother, now here one was, all pale fur and grey overtones (ones that reminded her a lot of the color which dyed her own pelt), so unsure of himself and his place here. There was no reason for a child of Elysium to feel unwelcome here! Visibly brightening, Eleuthera padded forward a step, then two, then three. With her affinity for brothers, and severe lack of them, the woman clearly pleased.

The timeline also cemented itself in her head, by this point.
“You were probably born a few months after I left. Sundance, you said?" she poked her nose forward curiously, swinging her head to regard Lumiya, seeing if she could scry any particular feelings she was having about this. Eleuthera couldn’t really tell, but since she had been welcomed into Seelie Court as a faerie despite her past in the willows,  and Kincaid was also allowed inside for a lengthy amount of time without officially joining, then she could see no reason this familiar stranger would not be given the same grace. It still wasn’t up to her, though. Just more like a guess.

“I’m Eleuthera Shakti-Seabreeze-Singing-Sunlight," she said proudly, figuring Sundance was one of the very few people who really knew what this meant and might be similarly proud of his own. Their last names bound them together, even though Eleuthera had taken on the addition of Seabreeze to make her own especially wordy. Why not represent each of three? It was only fair — which was a basic tenant of Elysium itself. “I… I wanted my name to honor each of them," she admitted. Then, she grimaced. “You know, they’re not here." Her gaze dropped, despite their much closer proximity. “They’re, uh..."
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Messages In This Thread
I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home. - by Sundance - August 02, 2020, 07:54 AM
RE: I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home - by Lumiya - August 02, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home - by Lumiya - August 02, 2020, 06:36 PM
RE: I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home. - by Eleuthera - August 06, 2020, 09:53 PM