Redsand Canyon now who to blame but i for tying these knots so well at my wrists
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
little bit of pp here okayed by malia!

taunting was always a dangerous game. renard was just annoyed enough that they'd stopped bothering with the consequences – wasn't all of this already the consequences of pledging to the saints. probably smarter to just nod and go along with it, and not make implication of their dissatisfaction too openly, but at this point donovan noticed so little it was starting to seem unfair, that renard hadn't even tipped a portion of their hand.

maybe this was it. or maybe he'd continue not to notice.

their jaws came down on his throat, pushing through the fur until their teeth raked along skin. dangerous to bite too hard, and renard hung on the edge of it, teeth clenching steadily harder until donovan's chin came down over their muzzle, one broad paw reaching for their face.

they had no desire to lose an eye, even in the pursuit of something like this. renard released him and drew back, and donovan came down at them, rearing up on his hind legs as he slammed his weight into their side. it was like trying to resist a boulder – the pros of dumb muscle, apparently.

no, in a one on one fight, a real fight, the only way to handle him would be through speed and stealth. ambush. not giving him the chance to use his weight. no help now, of course, because unless they wanted to seriously injure something they weren't standing up to that force.

they folded. donovan had them up against the sand, a perfect position to strike out with their hind legs – and it *was* tempting, but if renard was going to use that, it was better saved for when they actually needed it. instead, they drew their head back and planted their forelimbs along his neck, snapping out to rake their teeth over his chest and leg until his jaws loomed too close to allow the possibility.

licking blood from their lips, the glittering violet of their gaze fixed on donovan's face, renard smiled up at him, throat unsettlingly close to bared, and waited.
Messages In This Thread
RE: now who to blame but i for tying these knots so well at my wrists - by Renard - August 22, 2020, 03:06 PM