Redsand Canyon now who to blame but i for tying these knots so well at my wrists
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
you may feel free to come beat me over the head for the delay on this it is only polite

it really was like pushing against a boulder. didn't feel as satisfying as it could have, either, but since it was time to face the reality of their relationship with the saints, it was as satisfying as it was going to get. renard supposed someone might have a use for dumb muscle, but it would be someone more patient than them, and someone willing to put up with the rest of the mess that came with it. donovan wouldn't be giving up power easily, even if he wasn't cut out for it.

and the proof of that – well, didn't have to go any further than this, right here. they'd take a portion of the blame – back in the catacombs he'd wanted the exact same thing, and they'd seen an opportunity. if the only thing donovan cared about was sex, holding that over his head was as good an angle as any to get what they wanted.

that had made it an exchange. and if he was so absorbed by it, then actually providing it would only help their position.

donovan laughed above them, and renard's lips drew farther back, until their smile held a sharper edge; their chin tipped back another fraction. it still felt uncomfortable baring their throat – wasn't that the point – but it was a discomfort they were used to. there was no more effective signal of submission than the one that provided full opportunity for someone to tear your throat out in a bite, so of course it had always been the favorite of the court. 

even if it was a little less than genuine now, donovan had no way to tell. they'd respected their old leader, ruthlessness and all; here, they had none of it left to offer. 

renard laughed. "we did make a deal." their mouth quirked. "or was that still not you taking things seriously?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: now who to blame but i for tying these knots so well at my wrists - by Renard - September 02, 2020, 12:09 AM