Hoshor Plains No one needs to hear your words...
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Trade 
Setting: Early in the afternoon
Tagging: @Orlaith
Note: Mercenary Trade

As for the promise he'd made to himself last night, Āzon was going to attempt to catch a deer. Sure, his hunting skills were as good as non-existent, but maybe it's because they haven't been as polished as his combat training — and what better way to polish them then hounding down some hooved prey? The successful fish catch made last night was probably the reason Āzoniol was getting so ahead of himself today, but the large sire was already motivated enough to allow luck in his life once more. No turning back now.

The soggy mud bellow his large paws caved in from the flooded water and made it difficult to walk properly. Not an ideal platform for chasing down prey at all — this was red flag number one. Not only that, but the cloven foot animals here weren't deer at all, but bison; heavier and more capable of putting up a fight — and that would be red flag number two. A much more promising meal, but more dangerous to triffle with all alone. 'Well...fuck it. What do I have left to loose anyway?'

The Pheonix General
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
can this be set before august 7th? 
some major plot-line for orlaith beyond that date!

This place was nastier then usual. She stood ontop of a boulder that happened to place in the plains, to refrain herself from stepping in the mud further. Orlaith was only wandering at this point, and seeing around, everything was a disaster by this rain. Neverending, she wondered if the Willows were surviving so..

Shouldn't matter anymore, she thought with a head shake. Need to take her mindset out of protection, because that's no longer her purpose. No longer a fire fae, or a guard, but just a singular, wolf on fire. Though while in her thoughts, she was not alone. A white man stood amongst the mud, looking to be inspecting something.
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Of course!

Lowering his hips and shoulders, the brute began slinking carfully towards the buffalo. He made sure his breath was steady and that his movements were unhurried —  'Easy does it Āzon, easy does it...', we wouldn't want to scare off the prey afterall. A particularly easy target was spotted, it was younger than the rest and separated from the group by a few feet. 'An easy catch' he thought. All that needed to be done was to inch closer and then....

Then came pawsteps from nearby, which were followed by stares from the entire herd in Āzon's direction. 

As soon as the brute had been noticed, the herd scattered away quickly — including his target. "Son'o'va bitch!" He cursed out loud in frustration and stomped a paw on the soggy ground with gritted teeth. Yet another failed hunting attempt, but caused by what He? It surely couldn't be Āzon...

A turn of the head about his surroundings and surley enough, there was a strange she wolf that stood a couple feet from him. He spoke nothing and only stared back at them with a narrowed, odd-colored eyes that met their own olive gaze. Silently questioning where'd she had come from and why they were watching him in the first place....

The Pheonix General
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Only fools try to hunt bison by themselves." Even she did not hold that arrogance. Orlaith counted herself as a skilled warrior, and a hunter as well. She knew when there would be impossible chances, or when she held a slim chance of winning. When he looked over and noticed her, she spoke out to this.

Bison especially were fearsome, even more-so then deer. She heard some packs hunt them as a specialty, but as a whole group then a singular one. It would feed a group for weeks. More-so, a lone wolf for a while, however she knew they could not manage alone. Very rarely, would it be true. She looked at him like a dumbass.
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
As if the fact that his desperate shit-show of a hunt was being watched wasn't humiliating enough, the male was still hungry. And that look in her eyes....'Is this she-wolf looking down on me?' the pale brute thought with a raised eyebrow, sucking his teeth in aggravation. First, she appears out of nowhere to scare off his prey, and now she's telling him he was predestined for failure? Though the large femora was correct about how trying to hunt a beast of such impressive stature couldn't have been stupider, an idiot like Āzon never admits to being idiotic; he is far too stubborn for such a feat. "Nonsense, I'd be a fool for not trying with such an opportunity in my grasp-" he retorted towards his onlooker.

And before he knew it, his body turned and Āzon was now approaching the boulder this female stood upon. Not with the ill intent of a bite — for he only attacked when striked first — but in order to make sure his words were loud and clear. "-and if it weren't for your suprise 'pop-up' show, this hunt would've gone alot better." his stare towards them was direct, challenging even, for whatever events that might follow - his mouth was bound to get him into trouble anyhow, but the white wolf cared not at this point. "That being said, either speak your purpose for leerin' at me or keep it movin' woman..."

The Pheonix General
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Blaming others for your mistake is quite manly," she snickered. She may have her own temper, as well as a large ego, but she knew not to blame others for her mistakes. Because they are hers to claim, and no one elses. She at least had that much, despite all the anger and temper she held within.

He approached the rock, but sat ontop, overbearing and staring down at him. She always displayed herself as a Sovereign, even if the title of 'guard' was taken away, and her beautiful sabers were now just a dream. She would never let her pride go down along with her titles, "Just watching some fool trying to take a bison by himself," Orlaith said with an arrogant grin.
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Yo I made the text small bc its long af lol

"Wha-!?"
He had nearly lost it. His teeth bared into a displeased snarl, annoyed by how the woman clearly wasn't hiding how full of herself she was. It reminded him of the soliders back at home who looked down on anyone they thought were below them, and how it irked him that he was being trained to be in the very same ranks as them. Āzoniol was about to blow a fuse when he slowly began to realize something...

Ah, of course. She was purposly trying to provoke him. And how idiotic of Āzon to allow it to work for a while. Now then, let's say the brute just so happened to play along with her little game?

The prince closed his eyes, A wry sigh escaping his lungs. Soon, it was followed by a chuckle as his gaze traveled back up towards the she-wolf with an almost mischievous smile. "An arrogant one you are missy. Perhaps....you posses a trait deserving of such a haughty personality, hmm~?" An eyebrow quirked in question when Āzon began verbally testing them. Clearly they had to have fight in them to back up such an inflated ego and he wished to press into it. The brutish male paced the front of the boulder back and forth slowly as if giving a speech, sizing the female up in a rather cocky manner.

"I doubt it, of course, otherwise you wouldn't be sitting upon that rock of yours-" His grin, in turn, twisted similarly to the arrogant one the olive-eyed woman had on her face "— it is the same reason squirrels sit atop high branches, afterall. They fear what will happen to them if they were to meet their predators eye-to-eye. Taunting is easy where teeth can't reach you, don't you agree?" Āzon said with a sneer heard in his voice. Finally, his speech was coming to an end and he'd stop pacing to face her once again "I won't force you to come down though, wouldn't want to ruin the show's view from that little safe place, don't'cha? Besides, what good are you to me if all you're good at is running your mouth?" And with that, he turned around and sat down, pretending to scan the feild for more prey. Āzon was clearly testing her; he wanted them to come down and prove why they thought they deserved such a mouth.

The Pheonix General
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
He was aggraviated, then turned into some slick-tongued wolf, like Renard. She probably wouldn't been more annoyed, and baring her own teeth if he didn't do so first. She thought he was trying to put on a persona of annoyance, but now after meeting some who truly were of silver-tongues, he was like nothing.

"Man, you are a sad excuse of a wolf," she laughed, like a barbarian, jolly with a hint of malice. She enjoyed his attempts to lure her so, but Orlaith has learned so. She didn't give him what he wanted and just laughed in his face.

"You proposing a spar?"
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
"Perhaps I am..." he purred from his lips, that same aura of mischief being heard in his voice as before while his odd-colored gaze stared beyond the feild. She threw yet another insult his way, calling him a said excuse for a wolf, but the words were simply brushed off like sand grains stuck in his hair. He was already playing the same game as the damsel was at this point, so addressing words were meaningless until the real show began. "It would benefit us both, really. I could test my mettle against a new opponent and you can prove to me that you aren't all talk~" with that, Āzon turn to give her a sideways glance, a small yet competitive smirk on his face "You up for the challenge, lil' squirrel?"

The Pheonix General
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
HP roll or heighest number win?

"You calling me a lil squirrel, you white rat?" She was rather amused by this man, until he started calling little. Orlaith was no means little, as she stood above average height from most wolves, reaching nearly 36 inches, there wasn't too many that could compare to her towering stance. There was those in The Saints that could, but she was never 'little' to anyone.

"I'll beat you senseless." The flaming wolf stepped off her mantle, as she held a snarl to her face, as he challenged her so. She held more experience on being a warrior then mere' practice, so she held confidence. Orlaith bent low, center of balance as she tucked her tail in; she was ready.
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Don't know what im doing but HP rolling sounds fun so let's go with that X3

"Ha!" 

A verbalized laugh, or rather, a scoff, was given in response the new nickname given to him: "White rat"  seems like he'd struck a nerve ending there. At first he wasn't aware which part of his jab got her riled up; but then before he knew it, the firey she-wolf bounding off of her platform to come face Āzon and show him why. She was larger in stature up close and around the same size as the prince himself — the pale brute couldn't help but whistle by how impressed he was.

Soon enough, Āzon would get up to close a bit of distance between them, doing a half circle around the dame and lowering his body in a similar fashion to prepare for the spar. She proposed to 'beat him senseless' and he welcomed that challenge with open arms. "Show me what your made of then..." He said with a smile and a competitive fire in his eyes.

The Pheonix General
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away

She was a rather blunt attacker, but being a heavy-hitter, it tended to work well. Orlaith wasn't small, she was a large wolf with a mass to her weight, by no means a stick-like foe. It simply was easier for herself, instead of twirling around, use her sheer force to take whoever challenged her so. 

She immediately charged, head-first to bash right into them as her neck craned lower, and ivories showing widely. Her aim was to forcibly tackle forth, and grab anything useful. The flaming wolf always aimed low, neck, chest, front-legs, the most preferrable of grabs.
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

The large femora wasted no time barreling towards Āzon like a charging ox — something that caught him completely off guard. A suprising starter move, not one he'd ever seen before, but an admittedly effective one nonetheless.

Before Āzon could even process her approaching angle, the wind was quickly knocked out of him when she bucked into the brute's chest. He winced painfully, stumbling back with his teeth gritted to bare the impacting pain that followed suit and huffed to catch his breath. He'd managed to keep his balance and wobble back into a fighting stance, but the muscles around his chest now felt sore whenever he exhaled.

Injuries could be stressed over later though — because now it was Āzon's turn to fire back with an attack of his own. It took a moment to size them up before the brute used his back legs to lunge towards her, lowering his head and aiming for her chest to return the favor. Tackles were not moves Āzon were accustomed to using at further distances, but he too was large wolf in his own sense. Perhaps he could you that to his advantage just as Orlaith did.

The Pheonix General
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
7 points.

She managed to successfully so, but he preformed a similar maneuver of brute strength and pressed upon her chest. She could feel her paws slide alongst the mud as he pushed her so, and her momentarily grasping for air. Pain from the chest, as he too carried muscles of a warrior. Though it wasn't the end. Her balance felt off, and and if she didn't act fast, Orlaith could fall.

She raised her head high, and brought it down to his head, a motion to grab at anything. She preferred right at the neck, but if it meant simple grabbing a shoulder, or chest for balance, then so be it.
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Roll here (8). Also I'm pretty bad at reading attacks so I'm assuming she's trying to reach overhead and grab him somewhere? XD

The titianess of a she-wolf did not loose her balance like he did when rammed in the chest, but from that sharp gasping sound which released upon impact, Āzon knew there was some form of damage dealt towards her.

Even so, they had not parted ways and his skull still pinned to her broad chest — Āzon wanted to know why. Though the sudden shift of weight above him gave the pale brute an answer; she was never planning to separate because instead of inching away, Orlaith hovered over Āzon's head held onto his neck. A sharp hiss of pain erupted from him when her jaws clamped down on the back of his scruff.

In an effort to escape the hold she had on him, Āzon sharply threw his head backwards, with the intention of knocking his skull into the bottom of her chin. This forced pull of skin from teeth would cause minor puncture wounds on the back of his scruff, but his plan to free himself and get back into position should work.

The Pheonix General
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
it good! rolled a 12

She growled, and hissed as his thick skull collided with her chin, causing the wolf to back up in a minor escape. Now seperated, she eyed him so, circling and prowling, a predator against her prey. She didn't enjoy being mocked, especially when she held such a fire due to the court.

She striked, a singular dash toward him with fangs out and open, a ferocious roar of thirst for victory as she tried to smash into him so. Using her weight, she focused on her shoulder for a body slam straight into him.
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
K.O.! (nice spar. Hope these two meet again someday ;3)

The white brute visually traced the fiery woman's movements with a keen eye when BOOM — she lunged at him, using her powerful weight to knock him off balance. Azoniol's back slammed against the flooring with a loud thud, a painful grunt escaping his maws. 

That was it — the final blow that would decide who had truly won this spar. And as much as the prince wanted to get up and continue, Azon knew his currently weakened body would not allow him to continue on. So instead he would stand, slowly and steadily with pained muscles, head, chest — every part that had collided during their battle — and shook out the dust which had been caught in his white pelt. 

"I guess this win belongs t'you then, fair and square...."

The Pheonix General
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"You may be a good for a rat," She flashed a rather cocky grin, "but i'm a trained warrior." Her muscles were sore but she stood up proud, like a crown reigned on her head. However Orlaith gently tried to brush against him to show good faith, in a way to recognize each others scent for another day.

"If I see you again, i'll expect improvements." The two were headbutting in words earlier, but she always found friendliness amongst sparring.
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

A cocky grin was flashed towards him, and the pale sire reflected it on his own face in return. "You could say you caught me off guard, missy. I didn't know squirrels could hit so hard." Āzon returned the trade of childish teasing in good spirits, snickering softly to himself. The large woman would approach and Āzoniol let her, brushing sides with the fae as their own promise to meet again soon. He wouldn't want to miss out on a challenge from his new-found rival after all.

"You bet yer ass you'll see some improvement. Just you wait till we meet again next time..." he said with a competitive grin, standing up tall with his chin up — similarly to how the woman before him stood. Though even if he hadn't met Orlaith today, Ignis couldn't really afford to stop training if he wished to aid Polaris and her future pack.

The Pheonix General
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Then may we meet again, white rat." Perhaps no names would be remember for each other except for the nicknames.. But even then in the future, Orlaith wouldn't remember him at all, besides faint recognization. Perhaps it best in the end she didn't learn his nickname, but maybe in later life, the two could end up as friendly rivals, of sorts.

With a smirk, she left.
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
70th post bc I'm gonna miss my 69 posts

And just like that, the large woman Āzon was sparring with had left the scene. They may have started off on the wrong foot, but in the end it was a good training session to put his head back in the game. He chuffed a farewell her way and only when he turned back to the feilds is when the frustration began building up again. Ignis forgot his meal was scared off -- fuck. Now he had to go find someplace else for food.

and so, with a flick of his tail, Āzon trotted away in the opposite direction.

The Pheonix General