Sunspire Mountains what's that thing they say about a rose by any other name?
i found brimstone in my garden,
i found roses set on fire
107 Posts
Ooc —
if she gleaned any nuance of judgement from the man, this taikon, she regardless held her countenance as it was before; phlegmatic, undemonstrative. she watched him in the dripping quiet as he availed himself of her offering, privately amused. i could have killed it with hemlock, and he would have inhaled it all the same.

the thought delighted her, though she had no reason to go around leaving poison-laden bats for transients. 

she swept her mind away from such moonstricken contemplations like scattering rats with a broom, focusing back on the man, making an intrigued noise at his comment— catching the winged pestilences was the prerequisite for fun, for her own part. "they do have a nasty bite, i've heard. let us both hope i haven't killed a vampire for your snack, lest he have loving friends," she japed (to say nothing of bees: one sting in the mouth as a child was enough to put her off them for life).

she did not rise as he gave her the courtesy of a name and profound bow, but offered a toothed smirk. "mm, chivalry. alive and well, i see. charmed." would she be esme this time? perhaps; it had been the name given to her by a magi who had risen above her station to offer the dead child tiercel her protections.

however, riley was, like as not, presently making a morose ellipse of the region, laying ballads of

o, m'lady esme once hurt mine soft sylph feelings
because mine lax cock would not work upon her, 
i ne'r knew coition required backflips, cartwheelings!
but i ne'r claimed t'be a fuck connoisseur,
no, i ne'r claimed to be a fuck connoisseurrrrrrrrr! 

in his wake. that notion made her want to retch as much as it gave her blistering misgivings about her alias. with this currently feeding on her thoughts, she chose to address herself differently and crossed one leg over the other, slipping into a new identity like silk chemise. "yvaine." she sought his gilt eyes with her own, watched how his anxiousness unfurled to wet his lips.   

on spur of the moment, reminded of the wingless bat claimed by his craw, she asked with innocent curiousity: "if you had to lose a limb, which one would you sacrifice, and why?​"
Messages In This Thread
RE: what's that thing they say about a rose by any other name? - by Tiercel - September 29, 2020, 08:42 PM