Sleepy Fox Hollow they broke my wings
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
renard's concern, when it came to their conspiracy being discovered, was centered around donovan and derg. the only other person they thought might pose a problem was nyra, and...she'd leave the territory before she should, they were sure. 

they wouldn't mind if she came across them. it would give them an excuse.

if any of the saints paid attention, these frequent meetings might have been suspicious. this time, donovan wasn't around to notice. and though they didn't know it, their thoughts ran along the same line as hers – they hadn't fucked donovan for no reason, though. if that didn't keep him from uncertainty on its own, and if they didn't have the scars for sparring to be an excuse or the prey for hunting, he'd buy that easily.

they wouldn't mind. she was a better fighter than he was., and of everyone they'd met here – particularly within the saints – she was the only one worth respect. 

"nyra came into redsand canyon nearly dead. bleeding everywhere. thought it might have been yuelong or neverwinter forest catching her," and the latter would have been their fault, "but it was ursus. apparently there are some tensions between them and easthollow, and nyra...chose to visit?" whether it made sense to still be surprised at this point by the saints' actions, this one was beyond even renard's assumptions, and they let their disbelief bleed into their voice. praimfaya had been paying as much attention during the meeting as they had. even if she hadn't, it didn't take a spy to see ursus had been none too pleased with her.

"don't know what she wanted out of it. but instead of submitting, she grabbed their kid when he snapped at her and threw him. when they all went to tear her open, she came running back to cry at donovan's feet." their smile flashed teeth. "pretty sure he thinks it's ursus' fault, too. he told derg not to punish her, even after she challenged him."

renard turned to look out over the meadow. "don't like to get involved with donovan's decisions. i tried once. if he wants to start acting competent, it's his responsibility." they shook their head, unamused. "can't say i wasn't tempted, though."
Messages In This Thread
they broke my wings - by RIP Praimfaya - September 09, 2020, 03:15 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by Renard - September 09, 2020, 04:22 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by RIP Praimfaya - September 10, 2020, 04:42 AM
RE: they broke my wings - by Renard - September 10, 2020, 03:25 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by RIP Praimfaya - September 11, 2020, 01:50 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by Renard - September 11, 2020, 05:16 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by RIP Praimfaya - September 12, 2020, 05:44 AM
RE: they broke my wings - by Renard - September 12, 2020, 12:09 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by RIP Praimfaya - September 12, 2020, 02:12 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by Renard - September 12, 2020, 04:46 PM