Nova Peak Feels like I'm the only one that's sick of playin'
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Wylla seemed to relax. Her smile became more genuine as Taikon went through his pleasantries that had been forced into him from childhood. He guessed that she and the rest of Sagtannet hadn't had much interaction with Whitebark, which made sense considering Artyom and Dawn had largely kept to themselves. The great irony, of course, was that both packs had been bothered considerably by the formation of the Saints.
As Takiyok listened silently, Wylla went on to describe Sagtannet and its purpose. It was a few families banded together and that was all he needed to know to be good with it. Whitebark Stream had also been primarily a family unit. It was when last names were revered and a family unit became a kingdom or an empire that things tended to fall apart. He nodded gently to her question. It does; I only wish for a quiet, safe existence for my pack, he said honestly. He had no interest in grand warfare, in romance, or other grand aspirations. She followed it with a question he wasn't sure how to answer.
Taikon thought for a moment, glancing at Takiyok as if she might have his answer hidden in her gaze. She didn't. He looked back at Wylla and nodded his head to the side in a sort of half-shrug. The past several years I've specialized in large rodents and vermin like beavers and foxes, he began, but made a quick expression of displeasure. But really I've always preferred to hunt elk and moose; my birth pack was big and so we had many hunters of different skill types, he finished explaining. What he didn't bother to mention was that the Farukans had an entire team of hunters dedicated to running animals to exhaustion. It was only after this that the royal family was called in to finish the already wounded and dying animal off.
Since leaving them, he had only participated in a handful of large game hunts. Still, it was his preference.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Feels like I'm the only one that's sick of playin' - by Taikon - October 30, 2020, 08:30 PM