Mount Apikuni I went through hell to get to high water
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Once they had moved her, Taikon continued his breathing exercise to try to calm down. He knew that he was not going to be of any use to Takiyok if he was in a state of complete panic. He was terrified to lose her. Terrified. Like he had lost everyone.
Zephyr said she had experience, and he listened, feeling distant, scared, alone. As she started to groom Taki, he watched her, still shaking. For a moment, he felt uncomfortable with her touching Taki, and wanted to make her stop. But the licks were tender. They were kind. They soothed at an ache. He blinked, and watched. Taikon settled beside Takiyok, curling his body around her the same way he had done their first night after they'd been thrown out of Sagtannet. His eyes were glossy and hazed. They burned.
After a few, much quieter moments, he looked at Zephyr. He didn't know what had happened, exactly. He couldn't even remember what exactly he'd said, he just knew whatever it was wasn't good. Taikon put his head on Takiyok's back, using her limp body as a pillow, afraid of losing her warmth.
I.. I know you didn't do this, he said, refusing to look up at her. C-Can you tell me what happened? He didn't understand why Zephyr had followed her. He thought he could smell...something through the blood. Another animal. Fear. As he spoke, it re-lit his fears of losing her, and his eyes welled.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
I went through hell to get to high water - by Takiyok - November 29, 2020, 08:11 PM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 29, 2020, 08:23 PM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Takiyok - November 29, 2020, 09:12 PM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 01:16 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 01:36 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 01:56 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 02:11 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 02:18 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 02:31 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 02:43 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 02:53 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 02:59 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 03:06 AM