Neverwinter Forest tiger lily
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
Private 
sliiiightly forward dated, for whenever u have time <3
She leads @Sullivan to her herb cache in silence, occasionally glancing over her shoulder just to be certain he was still there. The walk is short, as she prefers to keep her herbs in a relatively central location in the territory; easier to access that way. Especially in an emergency. She halts a few feet from the old den, gaze settling on her son. My herb cache is a larger space than most. Many medics limit their supplies for fear of spoilage — but I find uses for even the herbs too wilted to salvage, so I see no need. Feel free to inspect them, but please be careful; organizing them is truly the most boring task in the world. She offers a smile to soften the warning, beckoning him forward. When spring comes, I will show you the stages of life in each plant, and how to make them grow and tend to them. Perhaps we will make our own garden; a little patch of land to sculpt and make our own, a place to grow whatever plants we choose. Would you like that?
b l a c k b i r d
41 Posts
Ooc — Delaney
This was more like Sullivan's pace—easygoing with the promise of learning something new. He strolled alongside his mother, his dual-toned gaze cheery and sun-like as they made their way through Neverwinter Forest. 

When they arrived at the stockpile, Sullivan crouched down at the cave's entryway and peeked in. There were neat piles of herbs situated across the floor. He wanted to get a better look at them, but he restrained, keeping his mother's warning in mind. Sullivan only looked away as Aibreann asked a question, and he greeted her with a bright smile. 

"I'd love that!" he chirped in reply.
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
@Sullivan i can spree this whenever, just nudge me <3 staying vague on herb stuff since everyone plays it differently, but you can assume anything if you want specifics!
The boy's enthusiasm is unfailing, yet he is quiet, careful in the wake of her warning. She meets his smile with her own, warm and genuine and full of pride. You'll make a good medic someday, if you choose, She tells him, reaching down to lick his head affectionately. Then she carefully removes a dried herb from within the den, bright even so many weeks after harvest, separating it with surgical precision from the others of the same kind tangled around it and placing it between herself and Sullivan. This is the safest of the herbs I work with — a simple remedy to calm a wolf. Many can be dangerous if given in the wrong situation, or in the wrong amount, but not this one. You can even try it now, if you'd like; you may feel a bit sleepy if you do, but it won't hurt you. She steps back slightly to allow him room to inspect it.
b l a c k b i r d
41 Posts
Ooc — Delaney
Sullivan beamed in response to Aibreann's praise, feeling his spirits lift even higher. "I'll do my best, Momma!" he replied, leaning into her kiss. He wasn't entirely sure what his occupational aspirations were. All he knew was that he wanted to help other wolves. 

The plant that she put between them was a remedy of sorts and seemingly harmless. When prompted to taste it,  Sullivan seized the opportunity; he would never decline a free snack. Gobbling up the herb, he turned to his mother as he began to chew. 

"Whatsit called?" he asked, his mouth still full.
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
She can't help a soft laugh, good-natured and full of love, when Sullivan eagerly samples what he's offered. It has many names, She explains patiently when he presents his muffled question. The most common is chamomile, though it wasn't the first I learned. You'll need to learn to recognize and describe these herbs, if you decide to work with them — simple names will not always suffice in an emergency. Many wolves use different words for the same herbs. This is something she'd wished someone had explained to her when she was young. It might have saved so much heartache.
b l a c k b i r d
41 Posts
Ooc — Delaney
Sullivan somehow heard Aibreann through his chewing. "How do you describe them?" he asked once he had swallowed. To clarify, he elaborated, "Like... should I say what it does?" This made the most sense to him, but he wanted to check first to see if he was correctly following what she said. He tilted his head in question as the question lingered on his tongue.