Wheeling Gull Isle embrace of the scarab
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Pharaoh. That word again; she wondered the meaning of it exactly, but was too afraid to interrupt him to ask. Ramesses the Great said his sister knew nothing. Huā had no good reason to assume he was lying, and instead furrowed her brow in an automatic imitation of his frustration, on a much smaller scale. Sympathy.

Any child that is not of my loins born to her will be unrecognized in our line. Here she wondered if she had misunderstood, and tried to piece the words apart and back together, but only came to the same conclusion... 乱伦. A term that, in her language, combined the words for "chaos" and "relationship". Was he serious? Perhaps if they were distant cousins, but... if he really meant to father his sister's children, she quietly gulped down a mild wave of disgust.

But he seemed confident his sister would learn. Yes, I am sure she would see her mistake as your nobles quit their places... high priest leaving is no light thing, where I come from. Huā murmured with a small shake of her head. He said a queen had no counterpart but a pharaoh. She assumed, then, that this word was equal to king. A breath, a thought to defend that a woman could lead with no counterpart at all- but she had not taken the throne justly anyways, and the empress wished to fit in... and so she recited the ideas she had learned as a young girl. Right, a queen will only be so strong without a strong father. I am unmarried... but hope once I find an emperor, Yuèlóng will be more wealthy and well-protected. 

You say, She gulped, and continued, That only you should father her children... would you still marry her- I mean, um, if you would marry her... despite how foolishly she has acted?
Messages In This Thread
embrace of the scarab - by Ramesses - January 15, 2021, 05:06 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Huā - January 15, 2021, 05:18 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Ramesses - January 15, 2021, 05:32 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Huā - January 15, 2021, 05:53 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Ramesses - January 15, 2021, 06:00 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Huā - January 15, 2021, 09:34 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Ramesses - January 16, 2021, 09:37 AM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Huā - January 18, 2021, 02:59 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Ramesses - January 18, 2021, 03:25 PM