Phoenix Maplewood maybe I can drown
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
The cur has to fight back the beginnings of a smile, striving to remain serious and steadfast as her protests are met with his own. He offers a compromise, which Imaq considers thoughtfully for a moment -- as if weighing whether this is a fight she could win. In the end, her upbringing wins out and the shepherd defers to him. "Jah," she murmured in agreement, muzzle dipping with her consent to his terms. 

"Where going?" she asks quietly after a moment, after falling into step beside Wintersbane -- assuming he began to lead the way back to the rabbit burrows -- with care to keep pace alongside the canid, not wanting to move too fast and strain his injuries . "Before?" she clarifies, meaning before he stopped to speak to her. She noted then the strange smell of him in their close proximity, something like brimstone but also like nothing else she'd smelled in this world. 

For a moment her mind wanders after who he might be, where he might have been so far, to smell of another realm but even she knows not to ask after the past  -- cursed as her own is. She hasn't got the words to yet anyways. For now, she is limited to communicating with the titan through simple concepts and phrases. 

"I speak Kalaallit better if you know it," she confides in her native tongue after a moment, the words offered like some small token of gratitude for accepting her help. Her ears pin lightly for a moment, shy of her mother tongue for it has not always been accepted gracefully on southern ears.
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."
Messages In This Thread
maybe I can drown - by Imaq - February 18, 2021, 02:32 PM
RE: maybe I can drown - by RIP Wintersbane - February 18, 2021, 07:11 PM
RE: maybe I can drown - by Imaq - February 18, 2021, 08:27 PM
RE: maybe I can drown - by RIP Wintersbane - February 21, 2021, 07:05 AM
RE: maybe I can drown - by Imaq - February 21, 2021, 06:00 PM
RE: maybe I can drown - by RIP Wintersbane - February 22, 2021, 12:31 PM
RE: maybe I can drown - by Imaq - February 22, 2021, 09:14 PM
RE: maybe I can drown - by RIP Wintersbane - February 25, 2021, 09:48 AM
RE: maybe I can drown - by Imaq - February 26, 2021, 02:42 AM
RE: maybe I can drown - by RIP Wintersbane - February 27, 2021, 03:59 AM
RE: maybe I can drown - by Imaq - February 27, 2021, 04:56 PM