Jade Fern Grove i didn't even feel when i took my eyes off you
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
though praimfaya's single interaction with valette is restricted to that brief meeting she recalls that she thought of easthollow as pacifists; and while she reasons that's not entirely a bad thing she also holds fast to the belief instilled into her down the generations of her family that there was no such thing as remaining neutral. eventually, trouble and war would find their way to your door ...and you had to make a stand. she was the commander of war; she was a fighter since birth and while she was not unwilling to compromise, to try for peace she knew that it was not always an option.

she'd seen it too many times firsthand.

briefly, the saints flash to the forefront of her mind.

she lets go of those thoughts then as laurel speaks; letting the four winds carry them away like a feather helplessly caught and carried away by the breeze.

praimfaya is glad that laurel does not take offense to her calling xan a branwoda; though really it had a fifty, fifty chance of backfiring on her. bran-wo-da, praimfaya repeats, slower; making it sound more like it's root words 'brown water'. it was the language my mother and my blidakru ...my family spoke. i like to use it now and then so i don't forget it. though she doubts that could ever happen; with how tightly she clung to her people's culture that was unlikely to occur. i could teach you more words, if you'd like. praimfaya makes the offer, a soft smile tugging at the edges of her lips as she notes the older woman's almost bashful smile.

a sage nod is given to affirm that she meant what she said to laurel, followed by a soft of course. praimfaya understood that it was something to consider but at least half the proverbial battle was won, with her support. perhaps her co-leader would not agree ( she rather thought he might not since he was firmly set on marriage at the beginning ).

a soft pang of sadness resounds in the commander's chest as she notes the other woman's rueful expression, caught briefly in the seconds before she turned her face away. praimfaya, like her mother before her, had never wanted a mate — had never felt that particular desire but couldn't say that she would ever rule it out ...if it was practical, if she fell in love. to be commander is to be alone was their way for so long; but it was a lonely existence: she, too knows this from experience.

i like to believe that none of us know what it's in store for us, praimfaya speaks softly on the subject. you never know, laurel. you could find someone.
Messages In This Thread