Duskfire Glacier at the edge of the world
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
Limit Two 
intended for @Wintersbane if you have the time/space <3 — but someone else is welcome to intercept!

Iana felt there was much to discuss or...in reality it was likely only she felt there were things to discuss. A mental list that sprawled in her mind each time she had a down moment. She knew exactly who she needed to go to. Perhaps she should have just chewed his ear at check-ups for his leg, but that felt improper. When she was tending to his wounds, it was about him, not her.

Which was why she sought him out today. Followed the freshest trail of his scent that she could find. Unsure if it would lead her to his private den or perhaps on a patrol route. Either way she hoped she could snag him alone for a minute.

If not? Well, she was not one for secrets anyway.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
i always have time! <3

though wintersbane desires to keep moving; on patrols, watching the herds that call the neighboring territories home, working on caches or fumbling hunts because of his healing leg ...he also knows that his body requires rest. perhaps that's why, instead of rising before the dawning of the new day he allowed his eyes, heavy; to close and the world of dreams to lure him back into slumber. greyfall caverns provided ample shelter, though the smell of algae and damp earth and rock had taken some time to get used to, wintersbane found himself rapidly growing desensitized to it.

face buried in the soft fur of the lynx pelt he took off of a corpse he found ( died of natural causes, wintersbane assumed for he'd smelled no sickness upon it nor no wounds as he sectioned off the meat to the food caches ). it would make good bedding for cubs — if he should find himself fortunate enough to sire them this year — but for now he secreted it for himself.

he stirs at the sound of approach; stretches carefully as not to disturb the mending flesh of his leg and yawns before rising to his paws and moving from the cavern he's claimed as his den to greet iana with a low chuff in the dark.
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
She was secretly pleased to find him on bed rest in his own den. Iana did not have the energetic streak in her to be such a worry wart all the time, but she did still feel it. The worry. The what-ifs of him straining his leg further. Such thoughts could be tucked away in her rabbit heart for now.

Wintersbane, She murmured softly in return to his chuff, with a tiny swish to her tail that laid limply by her ankles. I was...wondering if you had a moment. I have things I'd like to discuss. No note of anything negative in her voice. In fact, it remained soft and calm. If not also a hint of bubbling curiosity.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
though surely she does not mean for them to do so, her words of 'having things to discuss' fill him with a brewing storm of apprehension. from personal experience those words are hardly ever a good thing; but he is the alpha of this fledgling pack and these conversations were apart of the job. so, he invites her in so she is not dwelling in the tunnels and settles slowly, with some effort upon his haunches; offering her his rapt attention. he keeps his face pragmatic, none of the anxiety her illusive words leave him with.

please, he begins. tell me what's on your mind.
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
She followed him and politely settled onto her hind. Tail pulled close against her as it draped over her paws. There was no need to be jittery or nervous. Wintersbane was a respectable man, he had proved as much. Not to mention he had invited her in at her words, not turn her away.

I...know we have not been here long, Soft like an exhale. But perhaps when the time comes you will find me...worthy to be your right hand or equal. She was aware that it would likely sound sudden. For in a way, it was. Except she knew the importance of these things being established early on. She had been part of an empire that relied upon structure and respect. Maybe that was why she yearned for it so badly here while she had the chance. To establish to those that joined them that she was just as worthy of the duties that Wintersbane performed.

And...perhaps it would make her feel better to help carry his burden. Especially while he still recovered from the things that had happened before here.

I am aware that OOC she does not yet meet the requirements, this is mainly to establish and explore the discussion IC. <3
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
when she begins, wintersbane is apprehensive — from recent past experience — but nevertheless contemplative. he considers her words carefully. in all fairness, none of them had been apart of it long ( even himself ) and he does not factor that in the equation — at least, not now. while he is recovering he assumes his wound would not leave him disabled ( rather, he hopes ) and while the pack still remains small it is nonetheless manageable for him despite his healing injury. it is something i will definitely consider, wintersbane offers; the best he can do at the moment. after all, there was no guarantee that the glacier would ever come to full fruition — this pessimism is borne of his past failings.

still, he holds onto the hope that this time would be different from the others.

and now that i know you're interested i know who to start with. he offers her a small smile. for now, we are small and having two leaders strikes me as a bit excessive. but it would seem she understands based upon what she said to him.

sorry if this sucks; work post!
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
There is no disappointment or upset at his words. In fact, it sparked a bit of hope. The fact that he would even consider. Iana knew she was not much compared to some, but she did wish to strive for more. Offer more.

Of course. Her voice is lulled with its usual softness, but she gave a warm smile back in return. Thank you. A respectful dip of her head. However with more business based discussion out of the way, she felt inclined to slip into a casual supportive visit instead.

How are you fairing? Emotionally, physically. Intentionally open ended.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
though wintersbane was a man who stood by his decisions — regardless of what path they may take him down — there is a small tic of awkwardness that lingers in the uncertainty of his answer. it hadn't been a no but it hadn't been a yes, either; and he did not admit that he was gunshy at sharing his presumed role with another. especially after the last time he had; how the foundations of ironclan had wound up altered to fit her wants. of course, it had been expected: his trip had been long. but even so...

he tucks those thoughts away; packing them neatly away so they do not sneak out to bother him and cloud his choice the next time he was facing this particular conversation.

well, wintersbane responds; wishing his response didn't sound so ...plain. my leg feels like it's mending. soon, he thinks ( hopes! ), it would be yet another scar to add to his ever growing collection.
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
Good, She answered warmly with some sense of pride. She had a right to feel prideful, yes? She did what she could to mend him back to a proper state and these days she stayed away from being a hovering sort of caregiver. More inclined to give him freedom.

Well, if there is anything you need or something that I can do...I am always around. A thin lipped smile offered to him and one more respectful nod of her head. She felt she had pestered him enough and it would be best not to linger like an annoying yearling.

I know this thread is short but Iana is happy with the conversation! So likely an exit unless he has anything else. :D