Hideaway Strath freshly disowned in some frozen devotion
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
The midwife paused at the question, wondering how best to answer. "Vell, I vas born farther north than I can name. But ze two-legs I knew as my first Masters do not speak our language or anything close to it. An' my mother vas unable to speak very vell so I do nae know ze name of ze land I come from," she explained with a small shrug of her willowish shoulders, as if this were normal. "Ze first place I knew of that I could name vas Grinestone Ravine where I served my first volf Master an' learned to 'eal. It is where I grew up, sort of," the Saluki added after a few moments, thinking perhaps her first answer might be unsatisfying and her company might want a title to associate with the halfling's homeland. 

Then, she settled in as Arlette redirected their conversation back to the reason Aerin had sought her out: her pregnancy. She nodded where appropriate, her butterfly ears raised alertly and cupped in the woman's direction as she listened diligently. An empathetic expression softened her half-moon features with a poignant pain -- a familiarity shared between the pale women. "Ah, I see. Ye vill nae dissapoint Derg," she reassured quietly, tilting her head a little bit as she made an effort to catch the quieted dove's ruby gaze and offer her a small smile of understanding. "It vas nae yer fault that ye lost yer first younglings..an' I am sure this pregnancy vill be perfectly 'ealthy an' successful." Her ivory bottlebrush tail swept to and fro gently as she murmured the kind words, believing them wholeheartedly. "Such trauma vas likely ze reason ye lost yer first litter. An' now ye 'ave Derg an' ze rest of us Saints to 'elp protect ye later on in yer pregnancy."

"I could examine ye if ye like -- if it might settle yer mind a bit to know everything checks out?" Aerin offered, head tilting the tiniest bit, though her tone was unobtrusive -- letting the mother know it was alright to refuse if she wasn't comfortable with the midwife touching her stomach and abdomen. 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
freshly disowned in some frozen devotion - by Necahual - March 03, 2021, 01:04 PM
RE: freshly disowned in some frozen devotion - by Necahual - March 11, 2021, 04:58 PM