Blackfeather Woods crude and proud creatures
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
it was evidently clear that the present interaction would not result in him getting what he wanted. maegi was not amongst them, and thus she could not deliver cassiopeia to her grave. however, no sooner does the other find her voice, and with silent disbelief does vaati listen to her assertion. 

as the last syllable passes her lips, vaati cannot help the snort that escapes him, humoured by the gall the woman beheld. but the wry sentiment quickly dissipates, and the behemoth suddenly stomps forward a fraction, pushing the boundaries of distance that separated them. his pelage ruffles upwards to boast his size, a display of authority that would not acknowledge nor concede to the other's beg of submission. eldtrich did not frighten him, the brute had fought bigger fish and survived. 

with a calm malice on his tongue, the man returns the sour affection. "do not be mistaken, my blood runs through these woods. it is my birthplace, my ancestral home, and the resting place of my mother and her mother before. it was mine before you arrived and will remain so after you leave." the woods did not forget. it knew where its allegiance lied. perhaps not in his hands, but certainly not in the grasps of this outsider. perhaps what bothered him most was that she spoke out of turn -- it was not her place to determine the status of his claim for she was an outsider, trampling across land and history she knew nothing of. though he understood she did not fully grasp the meaning of his return nor the value of his families claim to the woods... she insulted him by suggesting it was worthless in her presence. 

vaati takes a pace backwards before turning to the woman who claims herself to be a melonii. "iksā melonii se ao rual bisa outsider naejot colonize īlva tegun?" his tone reeks of bitter disappointment, unable to hide his distain for the perceived lack of loyalty. however, he begins to think of what he is to do now that he has near made an enemy of these creatures, and plans to make an uninterrupted departure... unless his words had struck a nerve.

for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
Messages In This Thread
crude and proud creatures - by Vaati - April 24, 2021, 03:12 PM
RE: crude and proud creatures - by Aerenys - April 24, 2021, 03:48 PM
RE: crude and proud creatures - by RIP Eldritch - April 24, 2021, 03:51 PM
RE: crude and proud creatures - by Vaati - April 24, 2021, 08:15 PM
RE: crude and proud creatures - by Aerenys - May 02, 2021, 05:55 PM
RE: crude and proud creatures - by RIP Eldritch - May 02, 2021, 06:58 PM
RE: crude and proud creatures - by Vaati - May 03, 2021, 12:10 AM
RE: crude and proud creatures - by Allana - May 04, 2021, 01:15 PM
RE: crude and proud creatures - by Aerenys - May 04, 2021, 06:34 PM