Hideaway Strath That perfect moment, the last tear you shed
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

She had learned her lesson with Simmik, she would stay away from any mothers who didn't need medical attention or who hadn't specifically asked for her help with their children. But still. She waited eagerly, on lungs of bated breath, for the day that the children would be introduced to the rest of the Saints -- already feeling protective and attached to the newest members of her pack, whom she hadn't seen since they were tiny. 

The midwife came bearing a dried deer tendon, over which she had threaded a few vertebrae from the same creature, so that they rattled and jingled together musically anytime you grabbed both ends in your mouth and shook the cord of bones. She bypassed Ramesses, who clung to the shadows with his shoulders low. She could only assume the man was still having trouble adjusting. Though truthfully, she couldn't fathom why he stayed if he thought himself above her people. 

She didn't fully approach either mother or her clutch of respective younglings just yet, seeing as things seemed to just be getting started. She didn't want to intrude on the two litters getting to know one another, instead deciding to settle on her haunches nearby and place the makeshift toy at her paws. Her argent gaze moved from Simmik to Arlette as she smiled widely with joy, "Zey 'ave all gotten so big!" 

It was only then that her pale orbs moved up to see who else had come to meet the Daggers, locking on Leigh -- who was practically glowering down at the dirt as if her jack-o-lantern gaze could singe a hole through the grass, her features turned down in a scowl. The midwife's ears raised alertly, gaze flickering with careful observation -- keeping an eye on the obviously displeased woman for any threatening displays. 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
RE: That perfect moment, the last tear you shed - by Necahual - May 07, 2021, 03:16 PM