Greatwater Lake duchess
70 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
"well, come on, then!" maggie shouted at the retreating pair of wolves. "come take a taste of bliss, why won't you!"
but they were gone. "spooked by a 'arlot," she scoffed, spitting into the mud. "don't need 'em anyway."
she walked on through the rain, shouting advertisements as she went.
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
the shouting could be heard for miles. rough, antagonistic, but music to the jewel's ears all the same.
through the rain prowled jawahir, seeking the sounds at first, then the bone-white woman. so peculiar—but in a breath-taking way.
my sweet, has no-one taught you how to hunt? such noise! best to save that for the main event. a wry curl to their lip gives the impression of sharp humor, but also warning.
70 Posts
Ooc —
a scolding voice. maggie looked around for its root, and, finding another of her kind at its end, threw back her head. the laugh that followed was silken and ribald. "well flog me down!"
she prowled closer, narrow hips swinging. "can't say o'im into the lasses, but 'ell: three rabbit 'eads an' i'll give you a whiff, marm!"
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
is that all it takes? humor partnered by a queer, inscrutable look.

three heads of hare. they could demand so much more than a paltry offering like that. there was ample opportunity here for jawahir to grow the hoard. what price might this one fetch if given proper tutelage?

drawing closer still, they let dark eyes trace over minimal contours, a tucked belly, sharp snout and blush-pink nose; yes, there was much jawahir could do with this one.
70 Posts
Ooc —
a sharp retort rose to maggie's fiery tongue, but she bit it back. the milkweed knew when she was being appraised, and made a fine go of it, parading around under the other's sight.
"all right now." the beauty's voice was cold. "yew've 'ad your look. speak up or let me go."
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
while it served jawahir to test the merchandise and know exactly the flavor of those shining among their jewels, it was a rare thing for them to give in. they were more disciplined than that.

what if i could give you more than what you ask? if food was all they needed, jawahir knew where to find an ample supply. perhaps @Satsu would come in handy while she was left alone with her red towers.

eyes turned from the pale beauty and around, and with a conspiratorial air sighed, i know of a place where we could dine for free. a smile.
70 Posts
Ooc —
"aint nuffin in this world fer free," maggie sneered. she peered suspiciously over the other's shoulder as if to spot the man putting her up to this.
"are yew a bawd then?" she followed up, not answering nor falling for a trick of the tongue. "searchin' about for wares, are ye?"
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
this one had a rough charm to them. jawahir had not made up their mind yet if they liked the way they spoke, but it did not matter. there would always be men in the market for such creatures.

i am one of many, the jewel shares and finally looks again to the pale face, eyes hard and dark while the rest of them is smiling, inviting. they call me jawahir. my brothers and sisters are fine wares, which i, hm, peddle. which seemed a crude explanation for their business, but still accurate.

i make my home in the bed of kings.
70 Posts
Ooc —
a bawd who fed their own siblings into the flesh market? taking the exotic quite literally, maggie rolled her eyes in a great show, hoping to quell her growing fear. "of course the devil 'erself would see fit to take my path!"
"a cruel bawd," she shot back, leering toward the cold loveliness of the other. "where is this king then? an' what will 'e give for the postin' pleasure o' the duchess 'erself?" another rakish cackle. "take me to 'im, if 'e can pay. never met a cull yet i couldn't tame."
a challenge in the glacial stare.
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
they made a show of things, to be sure. flamboyance meant to hide the merit of the trade, or perhaps something deeper within. jawahir did not care how the message carried across to the waif, only interested in making use of them. perhaps they knew that.

i would like to see him tamed, came the mirthful retort.
jawahir did wonder how pharaoh would react to the sight of this girl, being beautiful like marble yet explosive with their tongue, and hardly as refined as his favorite, @Anarkali; thinking of their sister, jawahir sighs.

come, my sweet. i will show you to him, and we can see who tames who.