Redsand Canyon And I’m backsliding
"YOU WAKE UP IN THE DARK AND HEAR THE SCREAMING OF THE LAMBS..."
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
When Alduin howls, he doesn’t expect the rest to join him. Hesitating for a moment and looking over to his right at Nyra. Then towards the left as he hears another howl that comes from out of nowhere. He also feels pride swell in his chest. He feels like a leader and it feels intoxicating. He feels like he owns this place. It’s then that the thought strikes him. He will own this place. When he’s bigger, stronger, smarter, he will replace his father at the helm of the Saints and he doesn’t care what he has to do to do it. 

He’s pulled from these thoughts, too grim and determined for a wolf his age, by the sounds of footsteps beside him. Then a paw is being smoothed down his back and his fur stands on end. Ever since the attack he’s hated touch. Only sometimes accepting it from his parents and brothers now. So when he peers up through furrowed brows to see Leigh with a teasing grin on her face his ears shift backwards with irritation. 

He remembers when he bounded up towards her to nibble at her paws and jump on her chest. He feels things for her, just as he does the rest of his pack, but now…now it’s harder for him to show it — love — more specifically. 

So he wills himself to cool down, taking a breath while he looks up to her. He allows a small smile to come to his face, just as devilish as hers — as his fathers. And then he leaps, moving towards her and tries his best to playfully bite at her legs. Even going as far as to attempt to jump up and nip at her throat, just as Derg taught him.

But he quickly gets distracted and falls to his feet once more before looking out into the canyon. His mother. Oh, her song sounds beautiful. So, for once, in a long while, he smiles. Looking down upon the canyon of red. 

This place is his.
[Image: dezcpd0-1faedfae-e3b1-4dc1-b270-4056322a...TmEKLfHlyM]
Messages In This Thread
And I’m backsliding - by Alduin - July 30, 2021, 02:27 AM
RE: And I’m backsliding - by RIP Fury - July 30, 2021, 11:58 AM
RE: And I’m backsliding - by Hemlocke - July 30, 2021, 12:13 PM
RE: And I’m backsliding - by Leigh - July 30, 2021, 01:28 PM
RE: And I’m backsliding - by Kynareth Deagon - July 30, 2021, 04:51 PM
RE: And I’m backsliding - by Alduin - July 30, 2021, 05:05 PM
RE: And I’m backsliding - by Simmik - July 30, 2021, 08:45 PM
RE: And I’m backsliding - by RIP Fury - August 01, 2021, 05:02 PM