Duskfire Glacier can i get a long island iced tea please?
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Imaq was, without a doubt, an overprotective mother. She could not let Siku out of her sight without the horrid image of the empty grass where she'd left Ikila flashing through her mind, reminding her what had happened the last time she left one of her cubs unattended. Still, she could not keep the boy at her side for the rest of his life and tried to allow the growing pup room to discover and grow for himself. 

It was a big step for her, leaving him in @Meerkat's trustworthy paws. It had been so hard walking away, even hearing Siku laughing with the new mentor that he idolized as she trotted away. The maternal part of her heart had screamed for her to go back and stay with him. She had refrained, of course -- not wanting to make a scene. And on some level, Seelie recognized that it was good for her son to spend time in the company of his other packmates. The Redhawk was more than competent and though Siku was a bit young for coaching just yet, she knew the younger she-wolf was dying for the chance to babysit. In short, she was the perfect candidate for the job. 

It had been sometime since Imaq had contributed anything to the Glacier and her rank had fallen to reflect such. The former Gamma was determined to put in the work to climb back through the ranks to her former position, to quit being a freeloader -- even if she did have a pretty good excuse, having secluded herself away to birth her son. She beelined for the borders after dropping off Sikuliak, feeling her mind settle with the simple but enjoyable task. 

Until a commotion up ahead sent alarm jolting through her chest and spurred the she-dog into a gallop, heart pounding as she raced towards the sounds of her tribe sister's cries and the snapping, snarling of conflict. The sight of the children so close to a stranger sent fear spiking icily through her bloodstream, soft noises escaping her as she trotted to the boys' -- attempting to gently nose both Veteran and Ensio for injuries before placing herself protectively between them and the two wolves. 

Tzila seemed to have the situation under control but even so, Imaq shifted into a defensive crouch as her ears flattened and her lips pulled back in a territorial snarl. She assumed the male was a trespasser, keeping her tropical hues locked on him as a low growl rumbled in the shadow's direction -- urging him to comply with her Alpha if he did not wish to feel two sets of fangs in his skin. 
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."
Messages In This Thread
can i get a long island iced tea please? - by Astaroth - September 02, 2021, 10:04 PM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by Veteran - September 03, 2021, 01:14 PM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by RIP Tzila - September 03, 2021, 09:55 PM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by Ensio - September 03, 2021, 10:17 PM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by Astaroth - September 03, 2021, 11:12 PM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by Veteran - September 04, 2021, 09:29 AM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by Imaq - September 04, 2021, 01:01 PM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by RIP Tzila - September 05, 2021, 02:27 PM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by Ensio - September 08, 2021, 03:45 PM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by Astaroth - September 08, 2021, 04:09 PM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by Veteran - September 11, 2021, 09:31 AM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by Makatza - September 14, 2021, 02:55 PM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by Imaq - September 16, 2021, 03:30 PM
RE: can i get a long island iced tea please? - by Veteran - October 24, 2021, 01:06 PM