Duskfire Glacier Ommatik
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Love is something that builds. It can come from the smallest things. Do you not think that as you build a family in a home that is shared and protected that love would grow? How can it not?

Issorartuyok did not want for his frustration to bubble over, not like the last time. He believed he had spoken too frankly with her, and she had been panicked, or bothered in some way. The northerner was even less in-tune with others’ emotions than he was with his own. He needed to speak on it, to share it in words that he could understand and process.

I can give you good things. I am a strong protector. I am honorable. I am a good man who will build a good home. I will be a good father. Surprisingly, he thought of Veteran. The words of the Moonwoman flooded his mind and he wanted to know if Meerkat would not be pleased with these items. How could it be that he could offer so much, and she could say that it was not enough? That she needed more of him, that she needed him to perform in ways he did not believe he would ever. Issorartuyok was softer than he appeared. He displayed his love in actions that were small and consistent, but never in the way she described.

As Meerkat talked, he realized just how different they were. That he could likely never give her the things she desired. Issorartuyok could not whisper nonsense, or speak it normally, or conjure it in his mind. What sort of things did she want him to say to her in these instances? Could he do so without spoiling the moment?

I do not know if I am made to be that way. His eyes shifted from her and fixed on the ground.

The northern man had not anticipated that this was where their talk would lead.

It is not a matter of want. You would be a good wife. You are skilled and you are kind. You tend to the children with care. You are loyal to your village. You have goodness in you that shows in what you do. These are all facts. What is it to want when I know these things?
Messages In This Thread
Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 06, 2021, 03:18 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 06, 2021, 09:32 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 07, 2021, 01:24 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 07, 2021, 05:24 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 12:27 AM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 08, 2021, 12:56 AM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 02:17 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 08, 2021, 03:55 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 05:14 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 08, 2021, 06:08 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 16, 2021, 12:40 PM