Duskfire Glacier Keep a bluebird in my heart
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
My deepest apologies to everyone! I have been incredibly ill for more than a week. I believe it was omicron and I spent a lot of time resting in quarantine. My responses will be a bit slower but making sure these things move smoothly is my utmost priority. ;w; <3

Their day had arrived.

Things had not gone smoothly for the wolves of Duskfire Glacier. Even the neighboring wolves of Rivenwood had experienced a great deal of turmoil in a short time. The northerner had done what he had promised to Heda and had helped her check on her family, find her sister. After making sure that their neighbors had been tended to with care, the glacier wolves returned to their people and planned for the next steps in their journey.

Lane called them to gather and spoke. Issorartuyok stood supportively beside her. He enjoyed the way that she addressed the village. The northerner admired her as a leader and as an individual. When Lane looked to him for a small offering of his words, the man turned his dark brown gaze upon the wolves who had gathered to hear their word.

The mountain is tall and strong. There are many hunting grounds that surround it. I checked the area quite carefully. There were no wolves who had marked the land anywhere near our destination.

After a pause, and after Lane had finished the important portions of her word, the northerner regarded the gathered wolves with a thoughtful expression.

We will make sure that none are left behind. As we are leaving the glacier behind, I am not certain that we can carry its name with us. We will walk with those who have Duskfire blood in their veins, he nodded to Ensio, Veteran, Arius, and Wayfarer with a steady stare. But I believe our name should reflect our village after enduring the hardship that we have.

There is a word of my people. Atautsikut – it means all of us together. It is a word of unity. Perhaps it could be the new name for our summit in the distance.

Were they ready for the long march? The journey would not be an easy one.
Messages In This Thread
Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Lane - February 10, 2022, 07:08 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Issorartuyok - February 12, 2022, 08:34 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Tuuluuwaq - February 12, 2022, 08:56 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Calida - February 17, 2022, 12:45 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Ensio - February 19, 2022, 12:13 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Taktuq - February 21, 2022, 01:59 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Antha - February 21, 2022, 02:19 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Heda - February 21, 2022, 04:23 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Veteran - February 22, 2022, 02:09 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Rye - February 23, 2022, 09:50 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Wayfarer - February 28, 2022, 01:48 PM