Totoka River violet
99 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
All Welcome 
@Heda and @Bartholomew had left the island.

Jasmine knew this was not a forever thing, and of it were a forever thing, she wouldn’t really feel hurt. They had their lives, and she had hers. But she’d caught herself up in theirs enough that she felt a sense of responsibility to repay them both in some way for their kindness in letting her stay here.

So while she had thought of leaving the Isle and continuing her journey along the coast, she remained there. Frequenting the beaches and cliffs that overlooked the mainland. Feeling it her duty to keep the land while they were gone.

She had crossed the ocean today to practice her fishing in a different place, and though she had been keeping one eye on the island, she now found herself fully absorbed by the river, having struck the water with a snap of her jaws at the silvery fish that swam below.
merry and bright
43 Posts
Ooc — H2O
neon's summer trip was going to be coming to a close soon. her heart was full from her visit back home to her family. it seems they've done well without her. she's somehow become an auntie for MANY mewling and squealing puppies, though the girl is quite happy about the new title she holds.

while many wished for her to stay, the vagabond nature of her soul still called for her return to the wilds. and so, the noble had left behind her family once more, this time, with words of love exchanged between them.

if anyone could read her aura, perhaps all they would see is something pink, warm, and radiant from her stark white coat. well, it was white. now it's soaking wet and probably a bit muddy too. 

downstream from the diligent fisher is the large girl, hopping about the delta and splashing in the water with a burst of bubbly and joyous laughter escaping her lips. a roll here and there in the water as droplets and sand fly through the air. and for a moment, while on her back and looking upstream, neon can see the girl.

a loud yip to her (still on her back as the girl is too lazy to get up) invites her over to talk, perhaps even play if the noble is lucky enough to earn such an interaction with a stranger.
[Image: giphy.gif]
99 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Thanks for joining!! :D hahaha pardon my grump, though I love the contrast of these two right now! xD

She snaps at the water -

- and comes up empty again!

"Damn it!"

Jasmine splashes her paw against the surface of the stream, disturbing the already rippling surface but she doesn't care. Stupid fishing. Stupid fish! How is she supposed to ever live on the coast if she can't catch a bloody thing?

She hears a different sort of noise through the ringing anger in her ears. Someone cheerful and decidedly bright. Someone to distract her, no doubt - and good riddance. "I didn't wanna catch one of you stupid things anyway," she grumbles to presumably the fish, though if there was anything even swimming in this part of the river, she's long scared every one of them off.

"Fish are stupid," is the first thing Jasmine declares when she lifts her head to see the pale stranger. Large, and white. That's all she can tell from the distance she's at. Large, and white, and happy, and bright. Very different from her, all small and brown and angry and dark. "Wish I'd thought to swim instead of trying to hunt for these stupid fish."
merry and bright
43 Posts
Ooc — H2O
<333

wow, this little brunette sure had her tail in a twist, shouting at the river and all. activating helpful (but probably just more infuriating) neon to the rescue! the girl lays on her side as she watches the other girl grumble her way over, only causing her own grin to grow. not that she enjoyed seeing others in a pissy mood, but more along the lines of just knowing that the world's frustrations affect everyone, not just herself at times.

in a way, it's very grounding for the cosmic wolf.

she offers a small laugh before sitting up, sand clumping into little nodules against her belly and ribs. "you're right, no fish is probably as smart as you." a test of the water to see if neon would have any luck loosening up the twist that has jasmine so bothered.

"they're hard to catch, so i usually go for crabs or clams since I'm lazy. you can always chase or dig them out." she had no problem admitting this, though for a moment she does wonder if this may put another bad taste in the brunette's mouth. "I'm neon, by the way. who am i luckily with today?" 
[Image: giphy.gif]