Dragoncrest Cliffs i'd like to ask you out on the hottest of dates
127 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Hope you don't mind me wrapping here, I have bad whelmies and am trying to close out a few threads!

As it turns out, Stingray was happy to play with anyone, but was a rather sore loser. He often won against his siblings — Swordfish was too lackadaisical to worry much about winning, and Vixen went hard, but Stingray went harder at least half the time — and his parents often let him win. The combination engendered an unfortunate expectation that he would win most of the time.

Ray knew what should happen: he was supposed to catch Gunnar's foot, and then be praised for his strength. Being prodded multiple times didn't factor into his winning scenario. When Gunnar jabbed his hindleg and made him twist around only to snap at air again, Stingray grew frustrated. Another jab at his shoulder, another twist, another failed grab, and it turned to anger.

He broke away from the adult with a sullen little growl and ducked back into the den, no longer interested in either the game or the gulls that had stolen his seaweed. Playing was no fun when he wasn't the winner.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'd like to ask you out on the hottest of dates - by Stingray - July 04, 2022, 12:24 PM