Qeya River I make shit to kick you in the ass a little.
116 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
After gorging herself on old vittles for dinner, Tulukir had passed right out beside the river's edge. She woke with one front paw dangling over a ledge and the toes soggy, while the rest of her was sprawled out with her belly distended. There was a dampness to her underside that confused her as she blinked awake — it was clear she was wet from something, but it was a warm wetness rather than the cold of the freezing river water.

As she adjusted herself she felt how stiff her shoulders were. There was no sunlight to warm her, as the clouds had crept in to hide the sky almost in its entirety; large, gray, and ominous. The hell...? She went on to murmur as she checked on herself — and realized, with some mortification, that she'd actually wet herself in her sleep (the result of a common sleepover prank involving a small bucket of water, at least for humans).

Although she wasn't the greatest fan of how cold the water could be, Tulukiri was swift to plunge into the shallows to wash herself off. It was a case of enduring a brief discomfort to avoid a deeper insult, should anyone find her steeped in her own urine. When she emerged again she was dripping and in poor spirits - her teeth set to a light chatter - but she smelled clean again.
-I don't stop when I'm tired. I stop when I'm done.-
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandulf had leave to traverse the borders and hunt for Natigvik. And thus he did. Eyes on the horizon. He stopped at the sight of the bedraggled youth.

Goodness. Are you quite alright? he asked kindly. Eyes on her sopping form. It must be freezing in the water. He briefly thought of offering his warmth, but thought that maybe untoward. 

So instead he gave her a brief smile and stood neutrally.
116 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The girl shook the excess water from her coat, not that it helped much. The fur along her belly was slick. She looked almost ill because of how thin the effect made her. Afterwards, when her attention was snared by a stranger's voice, Tulukiri stared owlishly after the stranger who spoke.

They didn't look familiar. She drew a step closer but froze mid-motion, then recoiled, because the wolf in question didn't carry Natigvik's scent in a clean, strong way. It wasn't like the full-brunt of Kivaluk's scent, or Sakhmet's.

Her tail immediately raised to be level with her hips, the rest of her rigid (or as rigid as could be possible, given how cold and trembling she was). Who the hell are you? Tulukiri all but barked, her face a glower.

What kind of village just let people waltz on in?
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
He thought they were fine as she paw stepped forward. But then she grew aggressive and Sandy was irritated. Sahkmet had told him he was fine. He would not have any issues and here this girl was acting affronted he was here. He listened to no one but Moonwoman and Sahkmet. That was who he was supposed to listen too. He'd be damned.

So Sandulf returned her growl though quietly. His tail rigid, but body neutral. He didn't wish to cause an issue, but he wouldn't take a growl lying down. Sandulf. Here at the leave of Sahkmet. I am part of their ally pack moonglow.

He titled his head. I have permission to be here. Would you like me to call her.

He tipped his head back to howl.
116 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The last thing she wanted was to disturb the issumatar, so when the man tipped his head back she cut in with a quick, No, no no, I don't. Although her posture didn't change. Tulukiri did deflect some of the tension of the moment by averting her gaze and letting her tongue flick over her lips, both signs of humility (even if she didn't feel it in her heart).

When she returned to observing him, she sized him up as she would any other man of Tartok; but this one wasn't of Natigvik as he'd said, so that made him foreign. What's a wolf from another village doing here? Foreign exchange program?

That was unlikely; this man looked to be older than herself, and strong, and if he was from another village he had probably been pledged to serve Sakhmet for his skills, whatever they were.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy narrowed his eyes at her. She may act humble, but her posture didn't change, so it was clear  she wasn't really feeling it. And he didn't really care, honestly. He was not one to exert his rank or his dominance. Her opinion didn't matter anyway.

Sandy stared at her, unamused. Why I am here, is of no concern of yours. Bodies were requested. I filled a need. It was that simple and that complex. He didn't know what this wolf knew of their former situation or the attack of the she wolf Sadey, and he wasn't going to be the one to let her know either.

I am a hunter and a guardian. My leader requested I come and assist our sister pack with whatever they need. So here I am.

He tilted his head and moved away from the girl and around her. Returning to his forays on the borders. I have a border patrol. You can come with or stay here.
116 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
This was her first time hearing the term sister-pack, and she got the gist of it pretty quickly. The warriors she had idolized as a child often spoke of other warbands; this must have been similar, and would've been impressive had Tulukiri been a little more mature.

She wanted to point out the obvious: that Kigipigak had returned and brought her along, two bodies adding to the power of the village here. Somehow Tulukiri realized it was unnecessary. She knew she didn't enjoy being made to feel superfluous, and for once she held her tongue.

Prompted by his request, Tulukiri slipped in to an easy gait behind him and as she approached his speed, she made one little comment: So y'know the boss is home now, right? Someone told you? Maybe, maybe not, but at least she was being friendly for a change.

Sort-of reminded her of being back home, tagging at the heel of the more established militia wolves.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy had been new to sister pack as well. His father's pack had no allies, and neither did his sister's. Though honestly if anyone could stand either one for a long period of time to be allies, he'd be surprised. Not so much Thess as much as her mate. The one that made sure to leave his mark on Sandy pretty quickly.

Sandy turned towards her and studied her and then chuckled. You realize Natigvik is a Matriarchal society correct? So Sahkmet has always been the boss. Your boss is second.

Sandy chuckled again. Therefore, the boss has always been here.

Sandy continued on, stretching lean runners legs out to touch the borders and scrape them back. Lifting a leg to water the borders and occasionally running brown and black fur against tree and bush to loosen it.

I will leave when Sahkmet asks me too or when my leaders come to hunt Caribou and return home.
116 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The girl huffed, finding that the man had more attitude than she expected. Yeah, I know what matrim, matron... matriarchy means, my family is run the same way. The issumatar is the head of the village, yada yada.

He seemed to take offense to something about Tulukiri, or maybe the way she was pointing things out so bluntly, which she was accustomed to. At least this guy was putting up with it better than most of the warriors she'd grown up around.

I'm not sayin' you should leave. Its only been a night since we came back, is all. You're not part of this village so maybe the news didn't reach you. Her usual swagger became something lighter, her stride quickening to keep up with him.

She moved along, veering off to one side to sniff at a pile of grass, but Tulukiri was mindful of any replies he made.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy gave her a small grin at her huff, his muzzle and scar twisting up strangely. At least you have some knowledge stored there with oride and brashness.

It was clear the girl was either terrified of getting left behind or abandoned. Or she was a people please to the nth degree. She hid her ill confidence beneath snark and bullheadedness. It was actually quite annoying if you weren't used to it.

So your leader came back? So now you think they cannot use the extra support? That only he can protect the borders? Then he didn't teach you real well did he.
116 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
It was like he listened, but didn't hear her. It made her feel very small and insignificant. Young, too. She hated to be reminded of her age and what she might not know.

No, god! She droned.

I never said that! I was just -- jeeze, am I speaking in code? What crawled up your ass and died, man. Her tail lashed once at her hips and then sat still. Her ears had gone back.

I didn't say anything about what the village needs, that's not my job. I was only informing you in case you hadn't heard yet!

She'd decided she didn't like this guy after all. He was more obtuse than anyone she'd ever met; Tulukiri also didn't appreciate hearing her friend and mentor insulted, and it left her feeling extra prickly.

Look, you go do your little walkabout, have fun. I have better things to do than listen to this. So she stopped following at his side and took off through the trees, zipping along at a canter until she was well out of view. From there Tulukiri would march her way along the riverside again, her heart a jackhammer.