Wheeling Gull Isle kasta
Muat-riya
bury me at make out creek
46 Posts
Ooc — cas
Trade 

@Mojag and or @Heda? + made me think of this song :o

miseria wanted to clinch something at the tide pools today.
she angled herself carefully on two leveled rocks, staring at the small fish that could barely fill anyone. unmoving, thoughtful.
she plunged for it. she came up spluttering as water went up her nose. she groaned and shook herself violently from the sensations.

230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He'd watched the new girl as she fished, and laughed as she came away with only water spraying from her nose and a cough from her lips; he thought she had done it on purpose, and maybe that she knew he was watching - except, she looked truly distraught as he approached.

Are you okay? He said as he straightened, losing the humor of the moment when he realized she was really struggling. The boy's expressive posture became compact and low, as he reached to sniff her cheek.
Muat-riya
46 Posts
Ooc — cas

the brandishing of giggles from behind her made her recoil. of all times, "i was trying to catch a fish ... but?" she sighed again as she watched her escape victim wiggle between the rocks, triumphant.
she jerked reflexively as he sniffed her cheek, but relaxed and said nothing. "i can't do this." she imagined if she got shown up by someone younger than her, she would really escape into the ocean for good, like a hermit under the sea.

230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Her defeatist attitude did not phase Mojag in the slightest, who bounded to another segment of the pock-marked ground. You can! You can. Show me?

He hadn't tried fishing yet; in fact, aside from a few nibbles of the cache meats, Mojag had never knowingly eaten fish before - his family subsisted on larger game in Moonglow, and he had his allergy to certain smaller, long-eared things.

The boy went from hole to hole and shoved his nose in one, then another, then another, careful when he sniffed; and finally he stopped his exploration to look queerly at Miseria, pointedly asking: What's in here anyway? Crabs?
Muat-riya
46 Posts
Ooc — cas

"crabs," the spiderling listed errantly, "little fish, i think i saw a turtle too."
"i can try." she motioned towards the pool. that little fish that was taunting her so flagrantly. she rolled her shoulders, arched her neck, in a more steadfast posture she took before now that she had a spectator.
lady luck would be on her side when she striked. it wriggled violently in her mouth. she crushed it's spine. she couldn't really believe it herself.

230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Mo's first thought was of the turtle Psalm and his eyes went wide, his nose tilting down while he looked carefully in to the holes, but they were small and the turtle he'd found with Heda was very large - like a stone!

Before Mojag could say anything about it, MIseria moved and quickly snapped at some fish. She came away with a little fish wriggling there between her teeth; crushing the spine with a clench.

Oh! They're so little! He gawked at her a moment but was grinning too, his tail a fan behind him. You did it!
Muat-riya
46 Posts
Ooc — cas
she didn't mind that mo had commented on their size, she was pleased with her catch. "feel free to have some ... uh, what's your name?"

230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
She was willing to share the little fish with him. The fastest way to Mojag's heart, so far, was through his stomach (a typical boy, then); but he refused to take what she'd caught. Its yours -- he started to protest, but she was asking for his name.

Oh, I'm Mo! Well, m'name is Mojag, but, everyone here calls me Mo. He hadn't shared that with anyone else yet. It had sort-of slipped his mind when he'd arrived by way of nearly drowning, and all that. At this point it was easier to simply answer to the short-form.

What's yours? He asked, though he was focused intently on the little pools of water and their inhabitants.
Muat-riya
46 Posts
Ooc — cas

"oh ... mo. it's okay, i don't mind." she gestured towards the fish.
"miseria." it fit, being predisposed to the root of it.

230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
She insisted, so he took one with great care and watched her as he munched on it, swallowing it within a few seconds and smiling to her, thankful. The fish had tasted very salty and left his mouth tingling.

That's a pretty name, he admitted, although he kept to himself that it sounded very sad too, because that sounded like a rude thing to mention.

Do you wanna play a game? We can take turns fishin' and whoever gets the bigger fish, wins? His tail gave a sway like a pendulum.
Muat-riya
46 Posts
Ooc — cas

pretty as never something she'd call herself, or anything relative to her really. her lips drew a lame smile at mo's compliment, her muscles weren't really used to it.
"alright, that sounds fun." it sounded grueling, knowing her luck was used up for the day. but at least they would be productive. "start us off?"

230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Mojag was elated to know his new friend would play, and set up immediately.

He found one of the pools which looked particularly deep, and stood at the edge with his head down so that his nose was barely over the water. The very first twitch of movement he saw, he sprang to respond to: shoving his nose in to the water (which kind of hurt, since the water shot up it), and grabbed with his front teeth.

The boy felt something small zip by one cheek and turned to go after it, only he missed entirely. When he lifted his head up again, a tuft of wet fur hung off his chin like a tiny beard and otherwise, he had nothing to show for it but sputtering and a lopsided smile.

Ahh! Your turn!