Moonspear Closed the door and left me blinded by the light
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Alaric carried upon lean body, a few furs and baubles he had found throughout the forest, that he thought perhaps the new mother @Nasamik would like. He had already traded with her husband, but he felt it important to share the wealth with the female in question too.

So with gentle feet and a beat of his own, he rat tatted towards the Ulaq/lodge of the three. He chuffed at the entrance and then settled outside. He would never intrude on a married woman's house unless both husband and wife invited him in.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
When a noise came to the door of their lodge, Nasamik hobbled her way to greet whoever had come.

Hello, She spoke soft, quiet. Words of invitation almost slipped to follow, but she suddenly thought against bringing another man inside. It did not seem proper, even for a seal hunter's wife.

We have not formally met — As she had not with most in this village. I am Nasamik, wife to Chakliux. And you are?
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Green eyes assessed, but he just dipped his nose in greeting. He did not expect an offer of invitation in and he'd have turned it down anyway, pretty sure. That felt a little to bold.

I'm Alaric Willow, healer, trader, story teller.

A smile lit up his green eyes and made them dance and he pressed the gifts forward. I've already traded with your husband, but i wanted to bring these furs, baubles as a gift to you and the little ones.

He clicked teeth together with a happy sound. I know they aren't here yet of course. But it will be a good day when they arrive.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
This man had brought her gifts, knowing of her children to come!

This is very thoughtful of you, Alaric. These gifts will be to put to well use. Offering him a smile, she craned her neck to see what he had come with.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He pressed forward four little bundles. There are four rabbit furs for the little ones to each have their own. I don't know how many you will have, but four is usually the most a wolf has, so I wanted to at least make sure you had four in case of. There are small things to set around your den.

He pressed forth river stones with bright colors, and roots in different positions that one could use their imaginations with. He placed bones there too, big enough to not choke, but small enough for tiny teeth. 

There are bones large enough that they will not choke for when they begin to teeth.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Other than simple furs, he had brought additional gestures; some were of more sincere thought. 

You are very considerate of the young. She almost had the thought to ask if he had children, but quickly deemed it impolite and decided against it.

There were many things here before her, but only so much that she could manage. As improper as it may have been to invite him within, Nasamik considered it a worthy time to forego the formalities. 

Would you mind helping me carry these things inside, Alaric? A rounded woman, vulnerable and innocent, asking a man who is the closest thing to a stranger for help. If she weren't already married, perhaps she might have looked down on herself for showing such weakness. But she could not let such a trifle thing bother her. It was better to ask for it than end up hurting herself doing too much.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric chuckled. The young are the future. I think they deserve a little more forethought than most others. And I've found that unhappy littles are harder to heal.

I don't mind' I'll help you into the entrance there and then come back out, deal?

He didn't know the rules here, but he wasn't about to get ripped apart by a jealous husband who misconstrued the moment. 

So he grasped what he could, lifting the small items and leaving the furs to her. Then he'd settle them inside her ulaq where she wanted, and then book it back outside.