Two Rivers Isle cheesy buldak
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
tags for references! assumptions are being made here, can always edit if taken too far <3 set for whatever time is easiest for everyone 

she had spoken to @Colt about the possible future within the isle should enough bodies be present to hold the land down. and while iseul was often not a doubtful creature, she did not want to leave her nor the other members stuck in the rain if something fell through. with special consideration for the two children she was entrusted to keep watch over while @Ulrich and @Adylaide went further than the wilds, Iseul had to be smart about this.

so she would leave her duties of border patrol behind, coming to the opening of the den where @Ines and @Matteo may be. she offers them a grumbly bark, asking for their attention as she pads in to sit down before them, jade eyes glistening with concern.

"조약돌," she endearingly calls them, "need to talk to Iseul." a paw comes to touch her chest in reference to herself before she continues. "Ady and Ulrich not here, Isle is small." she shifts her gaze between them. "Iseul has friend by ocean, in place called Moontide."

she wondered what they would make of all this. "Moontide could be home to us if Ines and Matteo want." an offering for them to voice what they felt, something that is often a rare occurrence in a puppy's life. if they chose to stay, she'd have to weigh all the options of work that it would take to keep them fed and safe. but how could she take them from their home, their birthright claim?
Iseul is still learning English and will frequently pause to find the right word. This often occurs with an audible 'uh' or 'ah' sound, as well as speaking a bit slower to try and avoid mistakes. Your character is welcome to notice this!
21 Posts
Ooc — Chan
These things work for me! ^^ So curious to see what will become of this little ragtag group...

Ines didn't know a lot, but she knew enough to know that if mama and papa left this place they all called home and promised they wouldn't be far, then she and Matteo wouldn't leave this place, either. Surely her brother thought the same, so when Iseul neared the den and called out for them with her question quickly following, Ines didn't even wait for him to answer.

No, the little princess said and stood firm before kind Iseul, this is our home. Mama and papa said it so. We're not leaving. Right, Matteo? Internally, she reached out for her brother's support, though on the outside, she hardly swayed. Only a swift glance of her eyes behind her to encourage her brother to stand alongside her.
the seal's shadow
101 Posts
Ooc — orion
Away
Matteo was torn. With Mama and Papa and the others leaving, the isle certainly seemed more subdued these days. Not that he minded, for Ines and Iseul were good company even if his sister could be exceptionally bratty sometimes. But no, he was torn between the urge to stay and keep Ines company and the insatiable desire to see what else was out there. 

As his sister began to speak, a knot twisted in his stomach. She was right, Mama and Papa left them in charge and besides, the world beyond the isle could be filled with horrible monsters for all they knew. At least Ines would be safe here. But then came the question of Iseul, was she happy here? She wasn't Mama, but the isle seemed like her home too.

A glance his way and he turns to meet his sister's gaze. "Mama and Papa have another home now. What if we have another one too?" His voice was tentative and quiet. Perhaps home didn't have to be here, it only had to be with Ines. "Don't Ine wanna see ocean?"
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
the girl was firm, the boy was soft.

iseul sighed at their words, jadeite eyes glazed over in a pondering thought. there was no doubt in her mind that these kids felt protective over the isle. it was their birthright to hold the land as their parents once did. however, it would be difficult to maintain a holding with such small numbers. the only thing that iseul was able to count on was the low foot traffic that came through the hinterlands. perhaps this was their saving grace.

"i... i won't force," she begins to say, "if want to stay, then we stay." both options had their benefits and downfalls, and iseul knew this. but she would be damned if she took away something that kept them all connected to Adylaide and Ulrich. "but it will be hard. iseul can't hunt big things. and iseul can't protect isle from many others."

despite her size, she could be overpowered if enough jaws came for her. she wouldn't allow herself to be in such a situation where these kids would have to go on without her. she'd let them chew upon these words, and perhaps even leave this conversation for another day if they could not come to an agreement. but either way, the fate of the isle depended on their shoulders.
Iseul is still learning English and will frequently pause to find the right word. This often occurs with an audible 'uh' or 'ah' sound, as well as speaking a bit slower to try and avoid mistakes. Your character is welcome to notice this!
21 Posts
Ooc — Chan
This was the worst idea ever - and Matteo was going along with it.

Ines gawked at her brother, brown eyes wide and mouth agape. Did she want to see the ocean? What if they had another home too? No! she began to say, her voice pitched, and she set her little jaw in a defiant clench. Iseul spoke before she could say anything more, but her words fell on deaf ears. Why would it be so hard to live here? They'd done it all their lives! If mama and papa could take care of four pups, then surely Iseul could take care of two.

I want to stay, Ines said. Mama and papa had given them the isle. They had left them here. By staying, she spoke on their authority. What did Matteo or Iseul's word have against that? Mama and papa would've taken us too, if they din't think you could proc - protest - agh, if they din't think you were good 'nuff.

To protect the Isle. To take care of them.

She didn't want to see the ocean if it meant she had to live there. And they had no other home but this.
the seal's shadow
101 Posts
Ooc — orion
Away
At his sister's outburst the black and white boy felt pain swell in his chest. Of course Iseul had been stupid to suggest leaving the Isle. The ocean was stupid too, and this Moontide place was also stupid. It was all stupid. 

The only thing that mattered to him right now was Ines. 

"Ine-" he began, hoping that if his words couldn't convey his feelings then the press of his pelt against hers would offer some support. "Ine I'm sorry, I din' mean it like that. I jus' wanna be with you."

Iseul had always been there like Mama and Papa's second shadow. They'd be fine with her, right?

"If you're staying then I stay too." And then to Iseul, "If you can't proctest us then we find someone who will." 
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
the thing about kids was that they had no reason to lie, most times. Ulrich and Ady placed both their daughter and son under the care of Iseul, understanding and trusting that she would be enough to raise them into well-spoken and thriving adults. and certainly, the task felt hard as Iseul had her own doubts about her own growth and ability to control the isle for herself and for others.

she did not blame them for their words or feelings, but iseul has not a grown woman who could overlook her own pain from others. in a moment of frustration, she comes to stand and stomps her foot to the ground before the young ones.

"충분한!" she would angrily say as her ears flattened. this anger was never meant to be towards either Ines or Matteo, for it was the anger iseul had in herself for not being enough for them. but she would never tell them that. instead, she sucks in a breath and casts a solemn look to the outside for a moment. if iseul were cruel, she could say to them 'you will not survive without me' or even something like 'i'm the adult and you'll do as i say.' 

but iseul was not mean. even in the moments when everything tested her, she would never say something to hurt someone intentionally. and so, she exhales her frustrations from her breath and comes to face them once more. "we stay in isle, then." she says firmly to the both of them. if they wanted to stay here, then Iseul would die trying to keep this place safe for them. "but Ines and Matteo need to help. must learn to hunt, learn to protect each other. protect isle."

it was a lot to ask of them, but Iseul would do what she could to get these kids as ready as possible for life without the benefits of mom and dad. she rises again, this time slower and calmer as she stands above the children. "out," she directs them, "first hunting lesson today. follow iseul."

we can either continue in this thread or start a new one, whichever you guys prefer! I'll probably try to get some more threads out in the isle so the kids can start doing more hunting and other life skill practicing <333