Moonspear Frozen here on the ladder of my life
176 Posts
Ooc — Me
"A-a-a-a-h..." Lele nodded the same way a person, who heard a joke and understood the punchline fifteen minutes later. "Well, in my experience there are more effective ways of getting rid of your relatives than killing them. Just saying," she shrugged, first, wondering, what had the son done to make his dad want to kill him, followed by a mental apology to the fictional victim and thinking that the father must have been a psychopath. And then she wondered, if Larkspur, who had hated most people, had ever thought of killing her? Maybe. Or not. The very essence of her step-mother was to have people around her to cater for her needs. 

"But impracticality and wastefulness of such a decision is truly scary,"
she decided to give him some credit for the "horror" story. "A living son can at least bring him food. A dead son can only disturb his sleep. And perhaps that was the catalyst of the murder in the first place. Yeah - why did he kill his son?" she asked. 
Moonspear
Councilor*
553 Posts
Ooc — Danni
that is me with every joke ever lol

Alaric chuckled. That's true enough. He shook his head. This wasn't a story that was made for you to sit and pick apart. WEll it was, but it wasn't. You were to here it, infer your own lines and then scare yourself with imagination. But he supposed some preferred to think.

Alaric gave a small shift of his shoulder. I don't know. It's a story where the listeners are to add their own inferences and scare themselves essentially. YOu know how sometimes, your mind goes into overdrive and you scare yourself. That was what this was supposed to do, but I need to work on delivery clearly.

He offered her a small smile. He felt no wrongness by her being not scared, it just made him realize he had some work to do. It had been a long time since he offered scary stories, and like with most things practice made perfect and he had gotten out of practice.
176 Posts
Ooc — Me
That's better than my sense of humor that no one understands and I get cricket noise or wtf?! more often than anything else. :D But there are select few, who understand it perfectly, and may even engage in joking back, so that is one of the criteria of how I make friends. :D

"Okay, work on that story and try to scare the wits of this old brain-mass another time," Lele noted, then got to her feet, yawned and stretched. They had not talked for a very long time, but it definitely felt like it. "Want to raid some caches?" she asked. "I am starving," she explained. "Under different circumstances I would ask you to tell me a tasty story, but unfortunately this shell has become super pragmatic in old age," she said. "Either proper fuel or nothing at all," and then a nap. Definitely a nap. Because socializing was a hard work. 
Moonspear
Councilor*
553 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alas I don't usually understand jokes. So i wouldn't be able to joke back :(

He nodded. Gladly lead the way m'lady. He quipped back. He enjoyed their conversation even if he had failed epically at pretty much the entire thing. But that was okay. He wasn't everybody's cup of tea and he knew that.

He would follow behind her or walk beside her whichever she preferred and once their bellies were full he too would find a place to rest.