Dragoncrest Cliffs why the hell am i in this jungle?
Sapphique
Beryl
113 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
chani was growing, taller and taller each day as the sun shifted from hot to warm. the mornings were cooler, and before her siblings awoke, she ran through corsair beach, looping to the great tree and then pausing beside the tangle.
sooner or later, her baby cousins would truly be introduced to outdoors; for now the red girl laughed and crooned a note or two, inviting anyone to come and play!
"If you mess with my family, you mess with me"
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo heard his little sister Chani out and about. Her and Chiro weren't really all that little anymore. They were growing into fine young wolves and were looking much more like adolescents than babies. When he heard the sound of her voice, he loped over to play. Still a young wolf himself, he enjoyed times like this when he didn't have to be like an adult and hunt for the pack and such.

He nudged his nose into her shoulder in a playful manner, to initiate.
SIGNATURE
Loves his family. Very sweet boy but can get really defensive and protective over his loved ones. Very caring but also an ambitious hunter and fighter.
Sapphique
Beryl
113 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"theo!" chani's big brother was regaled with tip-paw chin kisses and furious wagging of his sister's tail as she loved all over him for a long moment. "i be wantin' to see de little babies, but i t'ink dey still sleepin'!" she exulted to him.
the curious red ears tipped forward. "what you be doin' today, eh?" something interesting, surely! did he want help?
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo chuffed with love at Chani's sweet affection. "Yeah, thats whats good for the babies. Sleeping with let them grow big and strong." He told her softly.

Then her question about what he was doing. "Nothing right now, but I was planning to go hunting. You can come to learn if you want." He offered, knowing the offer could be exciting to a young wolf.
SIGNATURE
Loves his family. Very sweet boy but can get really defensive and protective over his loved ones. Very caring but also an ambitious hunter and fighter.
Sapphique
Beryl
113 Posts
Ooc — ebony
chani gave a delighted shout of "YES!!!" and lodged herself at theo's side, perhaps almost tripping her elder brother in her excited anticipation. "what we huntin'? where we goin'? outside? will tante an' maman let us?" chani asked in a loud, conspiratorial whisper.
unable to control herself, the pebble dashed ahead of theo, nose wiggling furiously at every scent she could draw into it!
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo chuckled. “I’m sure it’s fine if you come along with me, as long as you stay nearby. I definitely started learning to hunt by the time i was your age. Come on, let’s go out and find something. I’ll give you a good lesson and maybe if everything goes will you can try to get your first kill.” He said

Then he lead the way out into the woods around where their pack resided. Once he caught scent of a good target, a rabbit, he pauses. “Smell the air. Tell me if you can tell what kind of animal is nearby.” He asked her. He remembered his first lesson learning how to hunt a rabbit with his siblings. Chasing them out of the holes was fun but this one was above ground already, he could tell
SIGNATURE
Sapphique
Beryl
113 Posts
Ooc — ebony
pleased to be along with her brother, chani listened quite well. rabbit was their aim today. she found the scent and breathed it as deeply as she was able, tasting the air and even a fluff here or there.
"hmm. it be like a mouse, but bigger. but not as big as a deer."
she grinned at him, but her eyes widened when she found the round entrance to a burrow, and it distracted her immediately from the accessible rabbit. "what dis be, theo!"
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"You're right. It's a rabbit. And what you've just found is its home. Its called a 'burrow'. Rabbits live underground for safety, I think. But if you smell this burrow, you can tell its empty. The rabbit isn't home right now. So its our job to find him and hunt him down." Theo told Chani, keeping excitement to his tone to hopefully keep her motivated.
SIGNATURE
Sapphique
Beryl
113 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she nodded swiftly and sniffed several more times at the darkness before looking back at her brother. "he not be here, but — maybe we dig him out?" she suggested, turning back to the tunnel with a bright, mischevious look before she started to paw earth away.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo put out a paw to stop her. "No. He's not here. So digging up his home makes no sense. You wouldn't like if someone came to our home while we weren't there and dug it up, would you?" He asked her, speaking with reason and connection to try and make things click.

"The best way to find him is to use our nose. I want you to smell that way," He said, pointing his paw to the northeast, "And then try smelling this way." He added, pointing his paw to the northwest now. "Tell me which was smells stronger like rabbit. That's the way he is, and that's the way we'll find him." Theo told her.

He could clearly smell the rabbit scent coming from the northeast, so he hoped his little sister would get it too.
SIGNATURE
Sapphique
Beryl
113 Posts
Ooc — ebony
theo made sense, though chani was more interested in digging than smelling things.
reluctantly, however, she followed her brother's lead and began to sniff and snuffle, ears lifting when she took the direction of rabbit. "that way?" she asked for confirmation, gesturing northeast.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo brightened into a smile as she gestured the right way. “Yes! So that’s the way we need to go. But we have to be mindful of the winds. If they switch and we can no longer smell the rabbit then he will be able to smell us and will probably run.” Theo told her. “The plan right now is simple though. I’m going to sneak up on the rabbit from behind. You’re going to walk around him in a big circle till you’re in front of him. Because i’m going to then scare him towards you so you can catch him.” He instructed.
SIGNATURE
Sapphique
Beryl
113 Posts
Ooc — ebony
chani listened with rapt attention, giving a nod as theo finished. listening to her instinct, she let her brother set them off but took the lead, swinging wide to the left as she tried to pinpoint the location of the rabbit and cut around in front of it.
excitement beat fast in her chest; chani dropped into a hunting crouch, scarcely daring to breathe.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo crept closer until he saw the rabbit. He saw Chani in position and flicked his tail to let her know he was about to scare the rabbit. Then he charged loudly in the direction of the rabbit and it lit up with fear and sped right towards Chani. Theo watched intently, hoping she'd catch it.
SIGNATURE
Sapphique
Beryl
113 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she watched as her brother launched himself toward the rabbit, already impressed by his confidence. she in turn darted for the fluffy beast, who turned sharply.
but the young girl was swift, and her teeth closed on its leg. she drew up, panting through clenched jaws as she spun around to show theo what she'd done!
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Technically Chani had caught the rabbit. But the creature was still alive in her jaws, being held by its leg. It was slowing but still suffering, so theo went over and nipped its neck lightly to end the suffering. He then smiled at Chani. “amazing job!” he said with praise.

plz lmk if i read this wrong and she did actually kill it cuz the way i interpreted it, she just caught it by the leg and held it up
SIGNATURE
Sapphique
Beryl
113 Posts
Ooc — ebony
no thats right!

theo quickly ended the struggling and chani sniffed over the rabbit with waving tail at his praise. "we take it to maman now, oui?" she exulted, rising to lick his jaw in thanks for what her big brother had taught her.