Cerulean Cape make the dark feel darker than before
Rivenwood
Leaf
His Reverence
121 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Trade 
The island girl and the little black terror did nothing but stare at him with menacing looks. But Dinah’s words appalled him, especially with her choice of language. Her anger burned inside her, why she was angry with him, he had no real idea. He saved her life, and she meets him with this. 

His face started to warm up, he was unmatched, one wolf vs two young and  troubled pups. Nothing he could say now would most likely do much to help lift the tension of this situation. But he would give it a try. 

He turned to look at them, but mostly Dinah: “First of all, I’m not obsessed with you. Your mother instructed me to watch you, and I wouldn’t dare disrespect her wishes.” He wanted to make that clear. 

“Now you probably won’t like to hear this, and that is okay, but I believe that God brought me here. Nothing my God does is ever to harm his children.” He stopped, took a few breaths, and continued, “Every living being has struggles, every being loses a loved one. That’s part of life, but our lives can’t stop in times of trouble. I trust in God with every living fiber of my being, I was taught that our lives are worth nothing without God. I am who I am because of God.” 

He exhaled, “I want to help you and your family. I’m passing on the kindness your mother and father gave to me.” 

He stopped speaking, having said his piece. Whether or not they liked what he said, it didn’t matter. He trusted that God would continue to give him strength. To help himself, and the island family.

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles taken from Les Miserables)
Messages In This Thread
make the dark feel darker than before - by Dinah - October 20, 2023, 03:22 PM
RE: make the dark feel darker than before - by John - October 20, 2023, 04:18 PM
RE: make the dark feel darker than before - by Dinah - October 23, 2023, 05:06 PM
RE: make the dark feel darker than before - by John - October 23, 2023, 10:59 PM
RE: make the dark feel darker than before - by Dinah - October 23, 2023, 11:25 PM
RE: make the dark feel darker than before - by John - October 24, 2023, 12:29 AM
RE: make the dark feel darker than before - by Dinah - October 24, 2023, 11:05 AM
RE: make the dark feel darker than before - by John - October 24, 2023, 12:46 PM
RE: make the dark feel darker than before - by Dinah - October 24, 2023, 01:12 PM
RE: make the dark feel darker than before - by John - October 24, 2023, 01:38 PM
RE: make the dark feel darker than before - by Dinah - October 26, 2023, 04:23 PM