Two Eyes Cenote I wish you would
13 Posts
Ooc — roni
All Welcome 
aw but maybe @Naberius

The Amira had settled into life within the blue halls of Akashingo. Her sleeping place was lined with the plushest cottontail fur, the work of skilled fellahin, and the floors with the painted deerhide they had brought with them for the journey. A gap in the rock ceiling cast a chink of sunlight into he room as the sun reached its apex, scattering the walls with blue and red reflections. It was most beautiful here, yet such a change from the open air of the Palace it was! Often would the princess find herself travailing the tunnels until she sat beside one of the pools, enjoying the respite from duty it brought.

That night was no different. Under a circle of moonlit sky sat Nefari, toes skimming lazily the surface of the water. She had snuck past the guards under some false pretence - knowing but not caring should their concern turn to worry. They were guards after all - their job was not to let people in, not stop a princess from going out.

Perhaps she should bathe; there seemed to not be a soul around. After all, she had not had proper time to relax since their arrival in the lower kingdom. With practiced care, she began unclipping her night-shawl until her honeyed fur prickled at the cool night air, sighing softly at the relief it brought.
"Common" // "Arabic"
Princess of the Light
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☼ ⋆⁺₊⋆
104 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Naberius had come to enjoy his time in this "summer home" the Queen had taken as her own. It was a beautiful place and in some ways, reminded him of home back in the land of Sun and Sand. A place of green and blue and gold. This night, the Cenote was all these colors as well as silver, as the moon light cast a shimmering glow onto the twin pools of water below.

Naberius laid at one of them, lazily and content, which was the business of a Lord. He need not hunt, scout, collect herbs nor guard, as one of royal stature, lest he feel the need to make himself useful from time to time. After all, it was his gifts of various food which had boistered his place here when he had first come to Akashingo and he enjoyed to spar when he felt he needed a practice and scouted when he felt the need to stretch his long legs. 

This was not one of those nights. And soon, his eyes would wander to far more interesting things, as they laid upon Nefari, who came to the furthest pool from him. Naberius would watch her as he lay for a time and then he would rise and begin advancing into her direction around one large pool to the other. If he looked to be undressing her with his eyes, it was because he was. Rumors of the residents of Sun and Sand were quite true, in many cases... 

Amira, how have you enjoyed your stay here, so far?
From the land of Sun & Sand, 
[Image: oasis-desert.gif]
13 Posts
Ooc — roni
Sounds of purposeful footsteps reached the ears of the Amira who turned to see a familiar figure making his way towards her. "Naberius, I was hoping to see you again," she purrs softly, shrugging her shawl back to where it rested on her shoulders, though it remained unclipped. His stare was just as intense as it had been the first time they had met, almost intoxicating it was to steal his attention away from Akashingo, if only for a night. 

"Your halls have been most welcoming," she informs, beckoning with a lazy wave of her tail for him to join her at the pool's edge. "Though I often find myself missing the Palace." She would elaborate should he ask, but for now she was content to let the conversation flow as it pleased. 

"What brings you out here on such a night, Neb?" Perhaps he shared similar woes to her, though only Ra knew what went on the mind of a Prince from the land of Sun and Sand.
"Common" // "Arabic"
Princess of the Light
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☼ ⋆⁺₊⋆
104 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Oh? He answers her purr of words with question and a tilt of his skull. I'm glad to fullfill. He said with a cheeky smile, his words more playful as of now, then flirtatious or prideful of his own self. This time, at least. Still, his eyes were fixed upon her. Fixed and hungry, though as much so that she was all which captured his attention and no more, no other. 
Akashingo is very accommodating of its visitors and residents alike and out Queen offers kindness to all. Something now easily said the same for a Pharoah. Though I understand the long for home. I too have felt the pull, even more as of late. This place here, it reminds me of the Land of Sun and Sands in ways. The Lord would speak, with an admittance of his homesickness settling in. He had left, well, simply because he could and with every hope to find a beautiful bride, have as many daughters as he had sisters... and then what? 
Is it not Cyrus nature to wonder the halls at night, with of course, all good intentions? He said with a grin on behalf of his own bloodline and hints of rumors of home. The Land of Sun and Sand was certainly a very pleasurable place. Just as open and accommodating to their guests as Akashingo. A place of songs, dance, tournaments, drink and open and free love everywhere. And endless vacation. 
("Wasted away again in margaritaville" vibes)
13 Posts
Ooc — roni
he amuses me so much

The smile upon his lips brought confidence to the Princess - that, in an intertwining of fate, he had hoped to cross paths with her again as well. Though, rapt as she was in his stare, she asked herself a single question - what was it about him that enthralled her so? His status perhaps, or the way he had eyes for her and her alone. Whatever it was, she found a selfish want to keep it all for herself.

The Land of Sun and Sand; if anything like the cenote must be a land of grandeur in of itself. "Mesbasi is nothing like the desert here," she found herself saying, "I think it is the absence of anything familiar that only adds to my pull." They hailed from different lands, but there was some comfort in shared homesickness that drew fondness for the Lord besides a swell of desire. So then, what had led to his departure?

At his next statement, she stifled a chuckle behind a raised paw. "Tell me then, Naberious, was it your intention to interrupt the Amira as she proceeds to bathe? That is rather rude, you know." There was no bite to her query, only a sparkle in her eyes. Was it Cyrus nature too, to sink the fangs of his gaze into every Lady he happened upon?
"Common" // "Arabic"
Princess of the Light
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☼ ⋆⁺₊⋆
104 Posts
Ooc — Vami
thank you!

Nefari spoke of her own home briefly, how her being drawn to this land was for exact oposite reasons of his own. This place was much different then Mesbasi. You are a steppe-people, He began as he lowered himself into a sit before her, Back at the mesa of Akashingo, it stands out tall among various flatlands- a meadow, prarie and what is called the Shy Deer Steppes. Though she had admit that this place being so new and different is what appealed to her, should she ever feel a want for nostalgia, now at least she had this bit of information.  

He gasps, feigning shock at her words then and lifted his paw to his chest as though she had struck him. Rude?? Why I never! A grin and turn a chuckle, he lowers his paw once more and dips his head before her. It would never be my intention, Amira. However, I could not possibly allow myself to be in your presence without addressing you proper. 

Yet, now that I am here, He lifts his muzzle to the sky, assessing the opening of the cavern above them. A hmmm on his lips. I wonder might you require assistance with this bath? His sunburst eyes pass a side glance to her then.