Ocean's Breath Plateau She calls me from the cold just when I was low, feeling short of stable
Moontide
Healer
123 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Limit Two 
For @Raiyuk since the one you posted got snagged <3
Marina had never been a woman of many words. She had been reduced now to long silences, the occasional shine of tears in her eyes on the few occasions she found it in herself to speak. Aside Tullik and Chakliux, she did not seek company among her packmates, though she thought sometimes of Heph and Rodyn.

When she was not with Tullik she spent her time in the water. Marina was there now, pushing as far out into the waters as she dared before turning back. She never spent long in the deeper parts of the ocean. The whispering temptation to never return always resurfaced after a time. She stepped onto the shore and shook out her coat.
Moontide
Adolescent
192 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Raiyuk had followed the woman at a good distance, keeping an eye out for dangers while she went about her day. When she went to the water, the boy followed and could be seen presumably foraging among the rocks; overturning some, digging at others, and working.

He wanted to do all the things: protect the lodge, protect his father's wives, gather for the family, continue his training in the sea, watch out for Moontide; it was a lot for one person and yet he would never complain. When his father went away Raiyuk became the man of the lodge, and much was expected of him.

Finding little among the rocks though, Raiyuk tosses the barnacled piece of slate and listens to it clatter across others, and sink in to sand after. He looks to the waterline where Marina is moving about.
Moontide
Healer
123 Posts
Ooc — xynien
AAAAA SORRY
Raiyuk shadowed her often; Marina had noticed this, though the boy was wholly unintrusive. She appreciated it, if she was honest with herself. It made her feel safer, though he was still young and she knew that if danger truly came, her concern would be his protection. He would grow to be a good man. Like his father.

Marina felt livelier as she stepped from the water, warmed by her appreciation for Chakliux's son and his wordless support. Find anything interesting? She called out, stepping toward Raiyuk with a faint smile. Her eyes flitted over the rocks at his feet, curious.
Moontide
Adolescent
192 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
When she drew closer he did not mind. If anything he felt graced by her presence, welcoming her, and being respectful enough to chuff and keep his eyes averted. He did not know what she had been through with the bad man, only that Chakliux had gone to hunt for him, and it was not polite to ask.

Her own interest made him snuffle along the rocks a moment, and he mumbled, There are many barnacles. I thought I could find something better - but that's all there is. Rocks and weeds, and those little shells.

Raiyuk tipped over a rock and watched the crabs beneath it scuttle for shelter, and spared a little look to Marina, with a smile.

And crabs, but only little ones.