Ocean's Breath Plateau [m] 86 missed calls from home
Hushed Willows
Singer
149 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Tybault wasn't about to approach any leader without speaking to @Reina first. Reverie hadn't exactly been specific about what she expected from an alliance, but he thought he had a rough idea. Still, they would need to be on the same page.

Reluctantly he sought her out apart from the others. We should make a game plan, He commented when he found her, expression betraying none of his dread for the task. Tybault was no more a diplomat than Reina. He didn't even like most people. But here they were.
Experimenting with my writing; style may vary a bit!
Hushed Willows
Singer
161 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
The stoic male found her facing the sea, reclining in a bed of sand surrounded by rocks as if nature made beds for those who sought the comfort of the waves. Her thoughts were like the ebb and flow of the tides, like leaves in the wind, flying through currents on Angel wings to her pack and those who held the ribbons of her heart there. 

His words had startle her, head snapping in his direction, a snarl forming before realizing who spoke to her so abruptly. Her face returned to neutral as she returned a question of her own. “And what do you propose? I know very little of what is needed.”

In the next breath, she continued, her nerves building in Tybault’s presence. She felt intimidate—imposed upon, even.“Your sister mentioned something of the sea, that she had lived there once…” she paused, silently deliberating if the next should be disclosed, but it felt somewhat important, “And, she mentioned to move the pack to the Coast someday. Though, I don’t know if that is related to our endeavors on this journey. I mean, she spoke of needing allies. I have the utmost confidence that she can run the pack, with or without your brother’s help, but seems to feel less so. Having allies would be beneficial; we could lean on them if needed.”

She cleared her throat, taking a few breaths to calm her system as she realized she had begun to ramble. “Sorry. What do you think?”

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Hushed Willows
Singer
149 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tybault frowned. He hadn't heard anything about moving the pack. His sister's children were still far too young for such a journey. He wasn't sure it would make much of a difference in their purpose here anyway. For now they were bound to the Hushed Willows, whether Reverie wanted it or not.

The girls are still too young for that. So let's focus on allies, yeah? He looked out at the waves, hoping that it would settle Reina somewhat. Tybault wasn't unaware of her discomfort, though he wasn't quite sure what he'd done to earn it. Reverie and Everett had good reason for their wariness, but her? He didn't even know her. Trade is the obvious starting point. That's simple enough. Reverie wants more than trade, though. Not many ways to tie two packs together like that. They'll want something big.

We need to know what we're willing to give, His eyes found Reina again as he said it.
Hushed Willows
Singer
161 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
She couldn’t—or, wouldn’t—stop the eye roll as he asked her to direct her attention to the task they were sent to complete. Wasn’t that what she tried to answer? Sure, she rambled, but it was hardly something she could help. Her nerves had got the better of her and she spoke of things that weren’t pertinent.

We need to know what we’re willing to give. 

What were they willing to give? What else can tie a pack to each other beyond trade. A thought came to her, one that she wasn’t sure she liked. It was something that reminded her of her past, of what preempted the fall of her family.

A promise of marriage, perhaps? Was Reverie truly that desperate? She wasn’t sure; she hoped not. It was an idea she didn’t even want to voice given her history.

But, what else could there possibly be?

So, she shrugged. “I’m not a diplomat, Tybault. I wouldn’t know the ins and outs of obtaining allies. I prefer to heal and care for babies. Not this.” The red healer cursed her beautiful leader, not much heat behind it, but a curse nonetheless. There were other places she would rather be than here.

She watched him for a moment, though, wanting to give him some form of an answer, hoping that he wasn’t thinking of the other obvious option.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Hushed Willows
Singer
149 Posts
Ooc — xynien

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language, mentions of suicidal ideation
I don't either, He snapped back, temper flaring before he even realized it. Still he was immovable, nearly expressionless save the firm set of his mouth. Only his tone betrayed his annoyance. And Reverie sure as hell doesn't. Last I saw her she was delusional, suicidal over some little prick who tried to kill me. Now she's running a pack.

So we have to work with what we've got, Tybault remembered himself then, calming with his last words though they remained steely. And if it all goes to shit, at least it's nothing new. What skills do we have to offer aside from healing? Reina would know the pack better than he did, he assumed.
Hushed Willows
Singer
161 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
sorry for no formatting! Lmao

She did not suppress her growl at his flare of temper. He asked her things she did not know! How can this male expect so much of her? What right does he have? 

None, in her opinion. She did not care that his sister was the leader.

“Men think they can just bully everyone, huh?! Ugh, I can’t stand it!” She heaved herself out of her sand bed, creating more distance between the two.

Her head whipped to him as he mentioned Reverie’s past. Suicidal? Delusional? And who was this prick that tried to kill him? “What?”

He had calmed, she heard it in his tone, and she herself attempted after some steadying breaths. It only just barely worked. She tried to see past the red in her vision and the worry that crawled in her mind. 

She had a hard time comprehending anything past his revelation.

Mature Content Warning

Hushed Willows
Singer
149 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Is it bullying to expect you to do what we came here to do? Tybault stood. This conversation was going nowhere. It's not easy, but it has to be done. I'll figure it out myself.

Clearly Reina knew less about Reverie than she thought. He parted from her in silence, unwilling to enlighten her just then. She'd done nothing to endear herself to him; surely she could get answers from Everett if she really wanted them. Until then, Tybault would let her speculate.
Hushed Willows
Singer
161 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
She watched him turn from her, her jaw dropping at his words.

What an ass! She hadn’t even wanted to come here, least of all with a male who seems so full of himself!

Her voice followed him. “Screw you, Tybault!” 

She huffed and turned away towards the Cliffs.

Mature Content Warning