Bearclaw Valley all the voyage of their lives are bound in shallows and in miseries
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
It was the wanderlust, he decided, that lured him out of the small woodlands in the valley to the entrance to Bearclaw and then out of it. And though the consequences were terrible, Raziel was glad that his exploring tendencies took hold of him at that exact moment, for a small band of loners had been strolling casually down towards his home. It wasn't a lot of loners, but it was three against one and though the Roman had been trained in the arts of fighting, he knew he could not get out of this fight unhurt, even if he was fighting against starving scrawny wolves.

They attacked first, all three rushing towards him at the sametime, a maniatic starving smile spreading across their maws. Hunger had turned them into cannibals and the sight of meat, even that of their own kind arouse a sort of monster in them. They lashed out at him, claws and teeth everywhere, spit flying through the air, battle laughter finding its way out of the battling canines's jaws. 

The Roman knew that perhaps this battle would be his last, he knew it was stupid to have gone against them on his own but it was inevitable. He had no time to issue a warning howl to his packmates. Raziel knew that if he died, at least he would die fighting, defending the pack. There was a chance for him to end up in Elysium, to feast with the heroes of Rome and with the gods. But he could not rest, not until he knew the pack was safe.

Seeing an opening, Raz lunged forward, a silver blur and a flash of white was all the cinnamon wolf saw before he sank to the ground, blood pooling out of the wound, staining his already torn and ugly fur. A large dark gray one growled and tore a large cut in his chest, it was deep and blood wa leaking fast. If he was going to die, it was because of blood loss from this wound. But Raziel pounced anyways and by a lucky shot, broke the brute's frontlimb.

Now frightened and injured, the two wolves shot each other a look and ran away, or at least attempted to run, they limped, more like. Dizzy now, the Roman moved as quickly as he could back to the pack, the moment he made it into the entrance, he collapsed. Raziel knew he needed help now, so he manage.d to lift his muzzle and howl for help, he howled for @Scarlett and @Kove and @Rhythm, he howled for all those wolves he could remember and then lay on the ground as his blood stained the green grass and hoped for the best
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Since she is in her week of heat implying Kove being with her. >D

Scarlett panted softly as she laid down. They say practice make perfect and wasn't that what the alpha pair had exactly been doing. Scarlett would often feel flustered if she would think back to those moments. Often driven by hormones she would be rather shameless in the moment itself but afterwards. She closed her eyes as she laid by the den. It had been a nice week. Spring was really settling in. If she would be pregnant they might have the pups in the beginning of Summer. How exciting!! Scarlett smiled happily.

That smile faded soon enough when she heard Raziel's howl echo through the valley because of the steep walls. Her head snapped up, instantly realizing something was wrong. Scarlett got to her feet. Even though she might not admit it, she still cared for Raziel. He was the first that sort of returned her feelings of having a crush. She would never cheat on Kove, she loved him with every cel in his body. But, Raziel was also close to her heart... as a brother. Scarlett sped forward and rushed through the valley.

She moved up the boulder path with a certain swiftness. The moment she scented blood she was even quicker, having to make an emergency break when she reached Raziel's body. "RAZIEL!," she cried out and nosed through the fur on his neck. "No. Raziel!," she whined. She should have studied to become a healer. She nudged him and tried to paw him awake.
~ Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength ~
79 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Rhythm wandered through the trees in the valley. There was a soft breeze rustling the leaves on the trees. Ahh springtime. The ripple of the waters and the songs of small birds was like music to Rhythm's ears. If there was one thing she loved it was spring. Her ears twitched as she picked up a trot dashing between trees and ducking under low branches.

Suddenly, she came to an abrupt stop ears twitching more as she picked up the distressed howl of a pack mate. Raziel. She began to bolt towards where the howl came from and as she approached she spotted Scarlett and then her eyes came upon a wolf laying there in the grass her jaw dropped. There he was laying in a heap blood slowly pooling around him. What had happened here. A fight obviously but who. Immediately she looked around making sure whoever had done this wasn't still around. Watching.Waiting. 

"What happened?!?" she asked Scarlett and Kove not knowing they had been elsewhere and had only recently arrived here. Rhythm padded closer and she too began to nudge the dark pelted wolf trying to wake him up. She had no knowledge of medicine, and neither did any of the Bearclaw wolves as far as she had been aware. Nea had a little but she had disappeared and hadn't been seen around the valley for a while.

OOC: Also assuming Kove was there. Can be changed if needed
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
He drifted in and out of conscious, his eyes closing and his breathing was unsteady, shallow. There was darkness behind those eyelids, but yet he clung onto life, raging and fighting. The pack needed him as a warrior, a warden, the children of Kove and Scarlett, if they wold ever have children, needed protection, needed warriors like himself. Sure, Raziel had fought the intruders off, but more would accompany them next time, they would keep coming unless wolves like himself chased them off. He knew he was needed here, and so he kept fighting.

Raziel had lived a life, perhaps it wasn't a good one, but it was an honorable one nonetheless, one any true Roman soldier would be proud to live. And if he really died, at least he knew the fields of punishment was off the list. He wished for Elysium, for an afterlife of paradise, of feasting with the gods and absolute freedom, an afterlife without problems. It was so tempting, and it would be where he hoped to go if this was truly what the fates had for him.

The Roman hoped it wasn't his fate to die right now.

He felt the cool nose on his neck before he heard her, he felt pawing and nudging at him and knew they were trying to lure him out of the cool embrace of death. Raziel fought and blinked tiredly, barely focused green eyes taking in the scene above him, their faces were blurry and his brain had trouble comprehending them. "Hey," he murmured, a brave smile spreading weakly over his maw. There were no healers in Bearclaw as far as he knew, so Raziel knew if he wanted to live, he would need to instruct them.

"Moss....wet moss to clean the wounds, lick..licking is helpful too," the Roman began to recite what his adoptive father once taught him about healing. "Golden...goldenrod...on the grasslands....tall plant with golden flowers...chew it into a poul..poultice and apply to wounds. Cobwebs to stop..or slow bleeding...bind poultice to the wound with..cobwebs." He exhaled softly, determinedly focusing his attention on his packmates, hoping they would understand. "Mari..marigold..yellow flowers...grows near water..chew into poultice and apply.." 

"Pack..allies? Any...healers...nearby?" What he could do would only do so much. Raziel could only hope they understood. 
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
My apologies for the late-ish post.

Since her heat had started and they'd gotten the first time done and over with, he had done his best to stay as close to her as he could though the rest of the ordeal. When the howl had echoed through the valley, he'd been about to get up and tell her to wait there, that he would go check it out for her and see what was up, but she was gone before he even had a chance to open his mouth. Of course, he followed to see what was up, but once he did he was left at a loss for words. He'd seen battle wounds before, he'd seen killing before, but the secluded valley had brought a false veil of protection and safety over them. It had made him all but forget about the dangers outside the valley's walls, but only because it seemed nothing had ever come in to remind him of them. Save for the lone intruder, they'd had it good since the pack claimed the land, but the wounds that marked the Roman's body served as a reminder. To their numbers, to the dangers, and to the possibility of an imposing threat. Who would have arose such signals? Kove's mind drew a blank, and his pack mate's scent was unhelpful, as the blood of his wounds seemed to overpower any others.

For a second, he watched as Scarlett approached the silver male, then glanced to the other female as she arrived at the scene. It took him a moment to recall what had been used when the wounds of the Blackfeather wolves had to be looked to, but the first word to Raziel's instructions reminded him before he could do so himself. He wandered away from the injured man and the two woman, and did not return until after he held damp moss gently between his jaws. He placed some on the ground, leaving the albino and Rhythm to figure who would assist and who would not, then drew closer to the male in order to get to work on cleaning his wounds out with the moss. Having done the task before, he did not hesitate to start working. He was unsure of how long it would take to find the other plants needed, but the last bit of the warrior's words made him think he might not have to. It would be best to get something on them to at least stop the bleeding, but if he could get to the dark priestess quick enough, and she agreed to help, maybe he would have a higher chance of survival. Still, he looked to Rhythm and motioned for her to try and find something, anything, that could help. Even if it was just the cobwebs, at least the bleeding would be stopped while he tried to find a healer. In a time such as the current was, Kove wished they had a healer of their own, but she had vanished or left, just as many of the others.

The Inuit placed the moss down on one of the wounds, figuring it could help even if he wasn't moving it around. His eyes found Scarlett's before his mouth opened. “Meldresi,” he stated simply. “She isn't as close as one could hope for, but if she would be willing to help, then I say the journey would be worth it.” Of course she would help though, right? The pack's were allies, sisters to one another, and though Raziel was not a member of the Brotherhood, surely she would still assist them in healing him. He hoped so, anyways.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett watched Kove go for the moss. She didn't really want to leave Raziel's side so she started licking his wounds. She too thought about calling Meldresi. Scarlett was used to traveling but she wasn't sure if she wanted to enter the dark woods in her heat... Maybe that awful dark guy was there and would do bad things to her. But Scarlett couldn't think about that now. She wasn't allowed to. "I will get Meldresi. She is my friend. Best friend maybe. She will will help me. I should go," Scarlett offered. Kove could go too but their relationship was more of a business-like one.. right? Scarlett looked up from licking her wounds when Kove returned with the moss.

They worked together, Scarlett cleaning the wounds by licking and Kove going over the wounds with the wet moss. "Kove. I should go. I can go fetch Meldresi," She spoke determinedly as she stepped away from Raziel's body. "I am quick to travel and I won't stop running until I reach black feather," she reasoned. Scarlett had been starting with training her stamina since she was in duskfire, traveling all over teekon for being a naturalist. She was also quick on her feet. She wasn't sure if Kove was going to let her go now she was in heat. Surely the bleak feather wolves would look past that little thing. She was Kove's mate after all.
~ Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength ~
79 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Rhythm stood there almost in shock. She wasn't sure what she could do. When Raziel began to recite instructions she made sure she was listenening. Goldenrod, plant in grasslands that had flowers, Cobwebs to stop bleeding, and Marigold found near water. She repeated in her head. She caught Kove's glance asking her to help she nodded and began to run back towards the river that ran through the heart of the valley. She hoped and prayed there would be some marigold near there. 

When she got down there she began to nose through the grasses looking for the yellow flowers the silver coated wolf had been talking about. She found some and quickly began to gather some. She wrapped them up in a leaf and ran back up the hill out of the valley.

She took a moment to catch her breath before placing the leaf on the ground. She couldn't imagine this would taste good but she knew she had to help. She took the marigold in her maw and began to chew it into a poultice as Raziel had instructed. She then began to gingerly apply the Marigold to the worst of the wounds. She wasn't sure exactly what this would do but she hoped it would help. 

She looked up for a moment watching as Scarlett discussed with Kove about going to find Meldresi, a wolf from Blackfeather one of the packs closest to here. It would be great if she would come to help out because together Rhythm wasn't sure how much they could help their pack mate with the little experience they had.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
last post from me as Raziel's unconscious but you guys can keep posting until we reach 10 posts or until its concluded. :)

Raziel exhaled softly as his packmates moved and got the supplies he told them to get, it did hurt when the wet licks and damp moss touched his wounds but they were inevitable. Pain was something that happened to everyone in life, it was just a matter of who embraced it and recieved it more and those who shied away from it, those who feared it. A true Roman embraced it, after all, it was what they were trained for, you did not rise up the ranks, did not serve without feeling pain. Training was painful, fighting was painful, hell, even living was painful, but it was life and one way or another, everyone felt it.

"Wait.." he coughed painfully but ignored it, instead focused his unsteady gaze on his two leaders, wishing for them to know what happened before he lost his hold on the world and drifted unconscious. "There were three intruders..loners...moving to enter our home..I fought them off..killed one of them, severely injured the other two." Raziel concentrated on his two leaders, knowing he had to do this, it was his duty. "The body is on the path somewhere...they other two ran off and probably won't be back for sometime....the Valley....you guys are safe for now."

He smiled then, and you could describe it as a smile of those who had fulfilled their life purpose and was now ready to go wherever they had to go. A small part of him wondered, if he survived this attack, would he be promoted to second in command for his steadfast loyalty to the pack, the Beta? Then he dismissed the idea, no, he was just a warrior in the end and he should not ask for more. They gave him a home, he should not wish for anything else. Loyalty and love to the pack overruled his ambition to lead in the end.

"You don't have to save me," Raziel said. "You have permission to kill me if you believe it is useless and that I'm dying anyways..there are always more wolves out there, able bodied wolves, not an injured useless one like me...don't waste resources one me if its useless in the end." He allowed a weak smirk to spread across his maw now, his cockiness showing now, using it only to hopefully lift his packmate's spirits. "I doubt I'll die though."

The Roman coughed now and his eyes fluttered shut, with the remaining energy he had, he spoke, only loud enough for them to hear. "I only hope I have served Bearclaw Valley to the best I can, that my loyalty to my packmates was steadfast, that I was a good wolf to my pack...and family." He acknowledged his pack as his family in the end, and then drifted off to sleep, becoming unconscious but still alive. The shallow movement of his flanks showing the only notion that he was still alive.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The man knew that as long as Scarlett was his mate, she was deemed his 'property' when it concerned the Brotherhood. As such, no harm would be able to fall upon her if she did go to the dark forest, but that didn't make the idea appealing at all. There was quite the distance between the valley and the woods, and plenty of space for loners to hide out in. While no member of the Brotherhood would dare break one of the rules and harm something belonging to another member, that did not apply to any of the many loners residing within the Wilds. There was no telling what they could do, but every possible outcome would result in one furious ghost. The answer had been decided long before he verbally answered, and probably even before the albino had brought it up. “No,” the man stated, locking his copper gaze with her crimson one. “You will not travel that distance, not now, anyways.” He wanted to make it clear there was no room for argument on the matter. He would watch her every second of the day until her heat was over just to make sure she didn't try to slip away, if necessary.

Even as the other female returned and applied the poultice as had been instructed, he kept his gaze locked with that of his mate's. It was as if he was daring her to try and argue, though his look made it obvious he already had the words to counter anything she would try to say—if she did. He'd rather send Adlartok than Scarlett, and the boy didn't even listen to him, and still seemed somewhat injured. The Inuit's stare was broken, however, when his fellow pack mate started to speak once more. He gave a nod of his head as the other man spoke, showing he was listening to what he was saying. “I will get rid of the body,” he told the Roman. “You did well, Raziel.” It was saddening to see the warrior in such a state, but he couldn't deny that he had done well. Better than well, even. He'd fought off three intruders, even managed to kill the one, and the battle had not cost him his life. Not immediately. There was no telling what would happen, though, if he did not receive the necessary treatment. The pale being shook his head when the silver one continued. He did not know him all too well, and hadn't been a huge fan of him at first, but there was no way he would kill him just because there was a chance he wouldn't make it. That also meant there was a chance he would survive, and his actions showed a loyalty to the pack that he wasn't willing to allow to slip away so easily. “You won't die, and no one here will kill you, either,” Kove informed him, a faint sternness to his voice when he mentioned the ludicrous idea that was ending his life. “We will find a way to help you until a healer can be brought here, and I promise you that you will survive this.”

The man's voice seemed to lower as he started speaking once more, but Kove still made sure to listen in on what he was saying. Even then, as he laid severely injured, the man still spoke of hoping to have served his pack—his family—well. There was no way the Inuit would allow him to die. “You are a very good wolf, Raziel. You've taken care of the valley and your family very well, and we will return the favor.” He watched the Roman's eyes close, and his own went wide. A wave of relief washed over him soon after, though, as he noticed he was still breathing. It was not the best to have allowed him to sleep, even if he was worn out, but it was too late now. The pale king looked to the two females, and then back to the silver male. “We need to move him somewhere safe and out of the open,” he said, still looking to the unconscious form of his pack mate. “We could move him to our den, so there's a higher chance someone will always be there to watch him. Either I go for Meldresi now, or we can wait until your heat ends.” The first was the preferable choice, but he had a feeling she might opt for the latter for whatever reason. In the meantime, he would try to remember things he'd witness in order to help the man, and maybe even go out and try to find a healer just lying around somewhere. It was unlikely that would happen, but it was worth a shot if it meant saving the life of Raziel.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
PP Arthur. I have permission from myself. :P

Scarlett could understand that Kove didn't want her to go to that dark place while being in heat. It seemed like a ridiculous. She understood completely. "Yes, I understand and I agree that we should take Raziel to our den. Néa room is empty," she spoke, hating to say it but it was true. The female had vanished again. The pale girl then thought of the best way to transport Raziel. He was a big male and they didn't have the strength. "Arthur!," she then called out. Scarlett then trotted off down the boulder path. The large bear could definitely help them carry Raziel. At least she would try to coach Arthur into carrying Raziel. She sniffed around but that wasn't really helping. Scarlett went to his sleeping sports and found him in one of the last sports.

"Oh arthur! We need you there has been an accident!," she called out as she trotted towards him. The bear woke up and didn't look too pleased. He did frown at the work accident. The bear sat up and then blinked. "Another wolf that isn't allowed to be here?" Scarlett nodded in reply. "Sorry of and Raziel got hurt! The one that helped fighting. It is bad. Can you carry him to our den?" Arthur couldn't really decline that question. Five minutes later, and to Scarlett's surprise, Arthur was running along with her up the boulder path to Raziel. The black bear stopped and then looked over the scene. "There was never this much violence when I lived here alone," he complained. "But alright." The bear picked up the gray wolf and then stood on his hindlegs like a human. "You guys are lucky I've been training these back legs for getting to the berries."