Totoka River but won't you help me to get through it
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
For @Charon :)
I'm making assumptions about previous threads that don't have replies, yet~

Ocean. That was the source of the smell, she had learned, and had been directed to continue her northwestern travel. She still didn't really understand what an ocean was, though she had heard it mentioned in stories. A really big lake? What was impressive about that? But such questions had been laughed at, and Magpie was determined to understand. She was too often reminded of her youth, and she wanted all the experiences she could glean from the universe.

She eventually followed a river— the continuation of the Whitefish River, she assumed— until it broke apart in smaller webs of streams. She had seen deltas before, at least where they fed into lakes... but as she drew nearer and nearer to the odd horizon and broken streams, Magpie could feel the fur along her back raising up. This was the ocean? It seemed as vast and unknowable as the tapestry of stars that filled every night's sky.

The yearling walked until her paws stood upon wet sand, green eyes simply staring in awe as her ears took in the roar of the surf.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon was just out exploring, enjoying the coming of spring -- a season he had yet to explore, and Charon loved all new things -- out near Totoka River. He dashed along the river, galloping towards the ocean to play with the rolling waves there, when he noticed another wolf. He saw her standing on the sandy shores, mesmerised by the ocean, it seemed, for reasons beyond Charon's comprehension. Having grown up with the ocean, Charon could not imagine why anyone would find it a magical thing -- it was cool, sure, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary to him; it was as normal as the woods were.

"What're you staring at?" Charon asked loudly upon his approach. "Do you see something cool out there?" Charon followed her gaze and squinted his eyes, trying to determine if she'd found anything really neat, like a really big seagull -- or maybe it was a really small one, since Charon couldn't see any out of the ordinary seagulls -- or a shiny treasure drifting in the ocean, or something.