Duck Lake [m]Being born in a duck yard does not matter if hatched from a swan's egg
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Private 
Tybault had fled the scene—at what point, Reina did not know. Her focus had been on staunching Reverie’s blood and keeping her soul here on Earth, not on the male who had hurt her. Even now, her thoughts were primarily on @Everett, and just a little on @Tybault, but just enough that she wanted to find him and make sure that he was alright.

She called for Everett to join her. He had every right to refuse her call—she deserved it for springing the fact she and Reverie had kissed on him, on everyone else. The look he had given her had broken her own heart; she could only imagine how his had felt. Could she truly imagine? Did he actually feel the same way about her in the same way as she did him, or, was he just upset that his sister had kissed her because well, they were both females? Did he have those prejudices?

But, she knew she needed to talk to him and, hopefully, they could do so as they searched for his brother.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer
the weeping prophet
106 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
When he'd returned with Dhalia in tow, Reina had staved off the bleeding and Tybault was gone. The old Everett would have whispered a cold and quiet, good riddance - but he'd changed since the Gilded Sea - even since coming to Hushed Willows - and it showed in the way he'd left Reverie to the care of the coywolves to scout the Emberwood for his brother.

But his scent led outward, beyond the willow's bounds.

That was when Reina called.

He thought he might not answer. Perhaps he would chase after Tybault alone - however far he had run in the time that had lapsed in the chaos of things. The light that had been midmorning dimmed in evening colours, splashed like Reverie in gold and red.

And he sighed.

Reina, he said when he found her. He was sure he still carried the same broken look he'd had when he'd looked at her last, and he didn't have the energy to hide it. Tybault's gone, starting the obvious, I'm going to find him.

No invitation - but he couldn't just leave without telling her. Would Reverie even be here when he came back?

I doubt it. She had ashtray been halfway out the door before Tybault had struck her. If she survived this...

He was sure she wouldn't want any of them around.
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: mention of drug use

His look as he approached was haunting and her heart broke even further. She had not wanted any of this…

All she had wanted was to belong somewhere—to someone. Her hurt and pain had been tenfold and all she had seen was red; she lashed out without thinking of the others around her and it cost her. And the regret she felt was crushing.

She should have kept her eyes on the iron-caped angel that appeared before her now, not the gilded angel who caused all of this pain, heartache, and utter chaos. She had been so selfish to want Reverie’s affection—she knew it had been a fool’s game. Reina had been chasing an image of someone that didn’t exist.

But, Everett was here, now, and all she could try to do was explain herself and hope for the best.

“Everett,” she said his name in return as way of greeting, her head lower than his, “I-I know. I hope he is alright; I am out here to find him as well. He had wounds that had taken much longer to heal and I’m afraid that they might have reopened. I’m also afraid of where his mental state might be…” She paused, a deep breath in, releasing it in a whoosh before she continued.

Everett could refuse her, and she would accept it, but she couldn’t let him go first before getting the chance to explain. “Everett—I understand that you might hate me for what I said earlier; I can see it in your eyes. I’ve seen that look on others who found out I like both males and females when I was younger…” It was true; despite being a leader’s daughter, she had faced harsh treatment and hurtful words because of her romantic interests.

“I am deeply sorry for springing that on you, on everyone. But—your sister kissed me. I loved her, then, I will admit that to you. Regardless, I respected that she was with Boone, I respected her even when Boone disappeared and she was grieving. I did not push anything. All I can be accused of is being there for someone who was hurting—my friend. I had found her, sitting by herself alone, and she looked troubled. When I asked her what’s on her mind, she turned around and kissed me. And then she ran, no explanation, just an apology. Nothing else.” And it had cut her deeply as she splintered.

“I felt used. Just like I have been used all of my life…” Her tears ran now, cascading over her cheeks. “All I wanted in this life, Everett, was to belong somewhere, to have a family, again. To…to love. To be loved.” 

She had been pacing as she spoke, but she turned to him, then, wet, stormy eyes searching for understanding in his. “I…I have had feelings for you, much as I had for Reverie, but wholly different. Where I felt consumed by her fire, you were soothing, a balm to my burning soul. Every moment that we had spent together was like a breath of warm, spring air. And I wanted more…but, then, the babies were born and you were always with them and Reverie, and I never got the chance to explore that with you, or, even if you felt the same. Selfishly, I was hurt and it was so stupid of me; you are not to blame for that. You were just doing what an uncle should…And, now, everything has been ruined. I have ruined everything in my life!” Her voice had risen, becoming shrill and full of anguish. 

She was so tired, so drained, so done with everything, that her thoughts drifted to poppy seeds, and how much she wanted nothing more than to become numb to all of this…

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer
the weeping prophet
106 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
He had never left her. 

Or maybe, she had never left him.

On the nights he'd curled up by Reverie's side. In the days he'd spent watching and tending her kids. In the long hours he'd spent waiting for Tybault to return. Reina flickered in his heart like a quiet song.

Because she had cared for Reverie. Because she had slept next to them, too. Because the kids knew her as well as they knew him.

She had never left him - and it took the thought of never seeing her again for Everett to realize he never wanted to leave her.

But now things were not so simple anymore. 

She expressed like concern for Tybault, and her care spoke words for Reina, who had once returned with him seething. Or perhaps it spoke words for Tybault. He knew how his brother could be, but he had never given a thought to how he, too, might have changed. Enough for Reverie to bring him to Hearthwood. Enough for Reina to want to look for him now. Enough for Everett to need to find him, too.

He said nothing to this yet; Reina had more to say.

Everett did think her desires unnatural - wrong - and Reverie's, too, and perhaps it spoke in hours silence. But when had he been the model of perfection? His heart rallied against her choices, wants, lasts- but he did not hate her.

And he decided, still, that he never wanted to leave her.

And it sounded as though she wanted that, too.

Everett had never been loved before - except, of course, by Evander, but they had been two halves of a whole, and loving him was like loving himself. At the Gilded Sea, they had feared him. Loathed him, too. And though he had once thought Reverie had loved him...

Maybe she had used him, too.

You are loved, was all he gave her, soft words meant to calm the storm she raged with. And was everything ruined?

Hearthwood, perhaps. The idyllic life they had down together within the Hushed Willows. But it had always been frail. Rusting, like fool's gold.

Come find Tybault with me.

Forgiveness, where Reverie had given him none. This mountain, too, would take time to climb, but he wanted what he saw at its peak.

He reached out to touch her forehead with his nose and a breath, as he had never done before - to give and to take, only if she wished.
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
She had been shattered, broken by Life’s trials and tribulations, but those simple words traveled in and out of the cracks in her, leaving behind a healing trail of shimmering gold, reforming her into something new; not any less broken, but feeling more whole all the same.

Forgiveness. 

Another balm to a broken soul that only one has ever been able to accomplish and he stood in front of her now. His words were not many, but they held volume, like tidal waves crashing on burning shores, leaving behind a smokey, calmed existence. Her whole body shivered as if rivers coursed in her veins, the crystal cool liquid giving her sweet relief.

You are loved. Come find Tybault with me.

A single sob broke from her as his gentle touch made its purchase, her eyes closing only briefly before pulling away to look at him. She searched his face again, oceans finding their moons, and much like the moon’s pull, she crashed into him. If she had the ability to melt, she would have, but the next closest thing was to cling tightly, and so she did. Head tucked under his chin, she felt the steadiness of him, heard his breaths. Her own breathing matching the rhythm of him before a shuddering sigh escaped her.

The storm in her stilled, dark clouds giving way to a warm sun.

She would have given him everything if he asked of her and she found herself unsure to what his touch had meant for him, but she knew one thing: it meant everything to her. 

It took a moment to collect herself enough to form words, and even the words that came were wobbly at best. “Let’s go find Tybault. And when everything has settled, I would like a do over. With you. If-if you want to, of course.” 

Mature Content Warning

Hushed Willows
Lead Singer
the weeping prophet
106 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Their gaze met, and it was all Everett could do in the moment to keep himself from crashing into her. He felt that pull - reciprocated - where blue skies met a silvered sea.

He breathed. Exhaled.

Her warmth, a thousand fireflies, rippling through his skin like lightning on a rainy day. It came suddenly and all at once: electrifying, illuminating, intoxicating.

Everett pulled her closer, as close as he could, feeling her lean into him to seek the same. Like a dance. He had never been good at dancing - that was Evander's job, Reverie's - but this, this. It came like breathing, heart beating, as they pulled into place together. As though they were made for each other; as though this was made to be.

And hadn't the Singer made this to be?

It was as though she melted, too; she softened in his arms, and that made him want to hold her all the more. To protect her, to shield her, to guard her, to always, always, always make her feel this way. Safe. Wanted. Loved.

And she wanted this, too.

A do over.

With you.

His smile broke. A laugh. How strange, the circumstance, to be laughing! To find joy here! But what they both had lost seemed to have pushed them to the place where they realized what they had always wanted to find. I want to, he said simply, with you. Only you.
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
His laugh like an angel’s chorus, and if this had been any other time before, she would have felt uncertainty, the poisoned touch of rejection, yet the music in it was too pure, too beautiful to cause such doubt.

Only you. 

Two simple words. 

Two words she thought she never expected to hear; not from Reverie, and for some time, certainly not from Everett. But, they left his lips, and the truth in them rang all around her. 

He had chosen her.

The double meaning had not escaped her and it did not trouble her in the slightest. She understood; how could she not? She had just revealed something that would send anyone reeling, and it involved his sister—his own flesh and blood. It was a confusing place for those who did not understand and she would never fault anyone for it. But, she could, at the very least, reassure him. However often in however many ways he needed, she would do this.

Because she loved him.

She pressed her crown to his, resting there to breathe in the scent of him, her words exhaling on a deep sigh. 

“Only you.”

Mature Content Warning