Moonspear ^_______^
Moonspear
Babe
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
All Welcome 
By now, the pups were free to roam the mount a little. @Kaujimaq and @Pauk took advantage of this freedom much more often than Tiuttuk, who honestly preferred accompanying @Sialuk whenever possible. On occasion, they ventured on their own to @Elentari’s and @Moonshadow’s ulax to visit with the other pups.

For the very first time, they stepped off the beaten path and began to climb downhill a ways. The sun beat down rather relentlessly as cicadas’ hums resonated in the balmy air. Named after a bird, Treepie felt more like a lizard today, happily scurrying about in the summertime heat.

They came upon a spring tumbling from somewhere high above, trickling across the footpath to continue downward into the neighboring glen. They dipped down for a quick drink, then decided they would try to hop to the water’s far side. They coiled their patchwork haunches, rump wriggling from side to side for a moment before they sprang.

Their hind paws just barely touched the water on the other side. Pie scrambled ahead with a little shriek, the touch of ice cold water on their paws giving them an intense case of The Zoomies™.
Common Tongue | Atkan Aleut | -Signing-

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Villager
192 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Arrluk's seach had ended. Ariadne had been found. The death ulaq had been built and the days of death song began. Arrluk had been the first to begin and each night there after, when he heard the howls from the east, he joined in mournful song. 

He felt shame in being away from Moonglow in this time. Shame not because he had decided to join Moonspear for a time, but because he was glad for it now. Because he did not have to see the pain in his parents eyes... Because he did not have to watch Vaire pick up the mantle without them. Because he did not have to look his nephews and nieces in the face, who had lost their mother. Shame

Here in Moonspear, he was spared that sorrow. He felt a twisting in his gut from these ill feelings. Guilt even now as he watched his sister's child run around, zipping through the flatlands near the water's edge. The uniqueness and sharp contrast of their pelt was lovely. Arrluk smiles softly and woofs, allowing himself the pleasure of distraction.
[Image: 7nCi.gif]
Moonspear
Babe
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The gentle woof brought Treepie to a sudden halt. Their chest heaved as they turned their head this way and that way, trying to pinpoint the source of the sound. Their sunny eyes widened when they clapped upon a vaguely familiar face. Pie couldn’t remember his name, though they scampered over to him with the same gleefulness they unleashed on just about everyone.

Instead of stopping and saying hello, Tiuttuk tapped a paw against his nearer foreleg and then pivoted, darting away with a giggle. They glanced over one colorful shoulder, the look on their face and the accompanying raise of their tail inviting him to give chase.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Villager
192 Posts
Ooc — Vami
A familiarity flashed in the eyes of the gorgeous little babe, of striking gold, black and white. Arrluk wondered what the father looked like, given Sialuk was all off-white in color. Maybe this child just so happened to have a unique gene of carrying solid and striking markings, such as Arrluk's self held. 

His littlest nephew/niece danced forward and away, tail flagging high and Arrluk, still very much a yearling himself, knew the signs of play well. Arrluk dashed forward, Treepie allowing Arrluk to drop his troubles there on the ground as he went after.
[Image: 7nCi.gif]
Moonspear
Babe
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I watched this clip for inspiration, haha.

He gave chase, prompting Pie’s tail to tuck as they squealed and darted away. Rather than heading in a straight line—they weren’t really trying to make an escape—they doubled back and galloped right past Arrluk, deliberately brushing against him. Tiuttuk then doubled back again, loosing another playful shriek as their fur skimmed his.

When their breath inevitably ran short, Treepie suddenly dipped forward in what looked a lot like a playful bow at first. Their tail curved upward as they began rubbing their face on the ground, snorting and snuffling. Slowly, their anterior slid forward until the child stretched out in something of a Sphinx pose.