Qeya River speak, memory - of the cunning hero, the wanderer
27 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Joining 
he who cohorts with cougars deserves no sympathy
that, the prince of black pearls knew for certain his kind would agree.
for no wolf worth his salt would dare exchange glances 
with a cat larger than life that upon canine skulls dances.

imuet followed the border down and washed his scent clean of queen @La Reine in the riverwater, in hopes that her mission would, for now, remain undetected and his place at her side, unknown to the packwolves that lived in the area. upon shaking off water that did well to do so, he took a moment to admire the handsome face in the river. his pelt was sleek, his thin frame fattened with cat-killed meat that she had shared, toned by travel. a fancy name meant to be promised reincarnation by the gods upon a gilded deathbed wouldn't serve him here, so charm and cunning would have to do in its stead.
pup. they were about a fourth grown, from what he could smell as the breeze swept past. this would serve his queen well to know. suppose wandering had gotten him this far, it'd get him far enough for what it was worth. all he hoped was that they didn't make him fight. he was terrible at it and frankly, fighting was not for royalty.

Saatsine
Hunter
75 Posts
Ooc — anon
im being so uber vague regarding wren/silver status

with things seemingly thrown into the cold air, it angered her to see a stranger so close. perhaps this was not the way that wren and silvertongue would have wished for one to be greeted, but it was what they received from senka that day.

her nostrils flared and she moved with steps of earthquake and thunder. where he was thin, she had muscle mass. she had no words when she found him. maybe insulted that he had not called and now slunk about.

her posture indicated she wanted a reaction or explanation now, she had little time for waiting.
27 Posts
Ooc — Kai
prince stood, head lowered. ear twitched with the fleeting of a bird's wing in the air. i am imeut. he said, calmly. golden eyes glistened. the water made his fur look unkempt.
i come seeking refuge.
Saatsine
Hunter
75 Posts
Ooc — anon
she regarded him with prickled caution still. refuge was a word that might imply pursuit or difficulty elsewhere.

refuge from what?

and even if he presented a fair reason, it would not be her decision anyway.
Saatsine
Hunter
178 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ksura was not surprised to see that Senka had beat him to the loner on the borders. He was relieved that she seemed content to continue patrolling, and taking care of a pack whose leadership was experiencing a tumultuous time. He worried she might someday give up, and go off in search of something more stable- and so he made every effort to be friendly with her, when their paths crossed. 

He drew alongside her, tail waving for a moment before he gazed toward their visitor, ears pricked. He'd overheard what the wolf had said, and shared Senka's curiosity and wariness.
27 Posts
Ooc — Kai
there is cougar on the mountainside. i was lucky to escape with no injury. he was hoping the washed scent would be present faintly, but it was too much for him to specify her. that would give it away. his eyes appeared frantic, and he made sure to pant. 

may i have a drink, at least? i promise no harm.
Saatsine
Hunter
75 Posts
Ooc — anon
sorry for the wait! still kind of uncertain how we wish to handle this due to all the IC stuff happening around it, but i'm happy to figure out what works best (within my power haha) <3

a cougar. on the mountainside. she knows this and there is some tickling in the back of her brain. sent by the cougar or truly ran off by the feline? they are solitary creatures and she does not think there are so many of them roaming in the la reine de Feumont's range.

he had a sudden frantic look about him! had he not just introduced himself so calm? shock, perhaps? testing the air for the scent of blood or illness despite his self-appointed injury free status.

the wariness did not leave her and yet she looked to ksura now, content to hear his ruling for a drink.
Saatsine
Hunter
178 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ksura wet his lips with a swipe of his tongue and sniffed- for any traces of the animal’s scent that might yet linger upon the wolf who sought sanctuary amongst her own kind. Panthers were a definite threat. He’d heard, as a child, that if you managed to clap eyes on one, odds were it had been watching you for longer. 

He would have been more comfortable making any decisions if either Wren or Silvertongue had been handy- but as it was, he felt they’d invested some measure of trust in him and when Senka turned to look to him too, he paused, and then nodded. 

It would be better to show some authority, he thought, than to make it obvious that there were no leaders present. We’ll take you to fresh water, He said, before looking to Senka.

Something about the stranger didn’t read quite right- and it felt best to have two pairs of eyes on him.