Blacktail Deer Plateau I'll hold you inside me till the moon has gone and the sunlight come
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante cameo, don't mind me.  Only post, I meant to get this in earlier but you two are fast ;)

Dante had noted something to be off that morning, but had no way of knowing what that thing could be.  He could count, though, and as he knew the time to draw nearer the closer and closer he lingered to their sleeping space, though he did patrol if only to prevent the both of them from going crazy.  He grew more anxious as well, his mind cursed with logic and running through everything that could go wrong.  Internalized, these worries wrecked a havoc on his mind and sleep, though he wore it well.  Quieter than usual, perhaps, but this was not entirely unheard of for him.

Today he lingered even closer than the norm, though not so much so as to know anything that was happening.  Only to be within easy earshot should he be needed.  Though he mean to be hunting, instead he simply paced uneasily for a time before angrily wrenching himself from the state to actually track some prey.  He could do nothing by simply worrying, yet he could not shake the feeling that something was not right.

He would return later, with food in the form of an unlucky hare, though Blue's presence would warn him from intruding early.  He was not Osprey's mate, and his status as a male friend instinctually did not feel enough to allow intrusion on this despite his fears and desire to know what the healer was doing there.  So he would leave the food, lingering a bit further away to await summons.  As he did, however, it was too much to simply sit.  So he left to take care of some business he had been putting off, suddenly with a narrowed focus.

slight edit to indicate he is now off to talk to Koda >> little out of the blue but necessary