Blackfeather Woods To Be Alone
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Alexander did not understand the friendship between the dark figure and his father. It seemed strange, in his mind, but perhaps that was due to his past experiences with those older (and younger) than himself. They always seemed to act far more different than himself, and there were more times than not that he felt it would be better for them to just drop off the face of the earth. Little did he know that age played no factor into his experiences, for it was his attitude and outlook on life that were to blame. Alas, even if he were given a five-page essay explaining that to him, he’d never believe it. Still, he did not voice his thoughts on whatever the relationship was between the two of them, shockingly not in the mood for unnecessary arguments. Plus, it wasn’t exactly a bad thing, he realized. If his father had friends, that meant the young Inuit would have more time to himself—or more time to pester Nemesis and whoever else would hang around long enough for him to get ahold of.

Again, the boy was told of the pride he should feel towards being the Northerner’s son. It wasn’t that he disliked his father—he couldn’t feel such an emotion even if he wanted to—but to be told by those he hardly knew that he should be proud of his lineage was odd. He was proud to be the son of Kove, but being reminded that he should feel such a way made him curious of what the future might be like for him. Was he destined to live in the shadow of the Inuit? Would he be thought of in such a way if he ever had kids of his own? They were troubling notions that ran through his head, none of which he would voice, but it could be seen quite easily that he was bothered by something. Unlike his dad, he’d yet to master showing little to no feelings in his expressions, and it was still unknown whether he ever would. “I’ve been told that before…” he muttered then, mentally shoving any bothersome thoughts to the back of his head.

Thankfully, the conversation was soon turned elsewhere, relieving the boy of any worries he might have for the future. It wasn’t the time to be concerned over what could be, it was the time to accomplish enough so that he might be able to step out from behind his father when the time came to do so. “I do,” Xan confirmed, having already come to terms with the fact that he couldn’t learn everything on his own. “Cicero taught be some things, but he also told me to seek out your help whenever I could.” He’d never forgotten the words of his temporary-teacher, nor the lesson he’d been given. It’d stuck with him, he’d simply been slow on finding Damien and asking to be taught by him. Now it seemed he wouldn’t even need to swallow his pride and ask, for the older boy had offered his assistance. “I need to learn everything so I can be the best,” he stated rather bluntly, not seeing a single issue with the goal he’d chosen to work towards.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
To Be Alone - by Damien - November 16, 2015, 07:13 PM
RE: To Be Alone - by Kove - November 19, 2015, 12:00 AM
RE: To Be Alone - by Xan - November 19, 2015, 12:04 AM
RE: To Be Alone - by Damien - November 22, 2015, 11:24 AM
RE: To Be Alone - by Kove - November 28, 2015, 02:59 AM
RE: To Be Alone - by Xan - November 28, 2015, 03:04 AM
RE: To Be Alone - by Damien - December 10, 2015, 02:32 PM
RE: To Be Alone - by Kove - December 13, 2015, 06:43 AM