Sleeping Dragon let me tell you what i wish i'd known when i was young and dreamed of glory
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Growing up around her family, the wolves she called her comrades, she’d learned all these things along the way. They didn’t have classes they sat through, learning each details, but they picked up on them as they grew and were forced to witness or bear. She’d seen her mother take on marks after the battle that took her father’s life, a private ceremony among those she held dear. Her first mark also in the comfort of those she wanted to witness. 

It wasn’t until the next two marks she’d been exposed, forced to take them in front of her wolves as their custom requires. The ones absent from her shoulder would do the same, even if she longs for the comfort of family she no longer has.

Thuringwethil nods her head then as Lucani gets the idea of the marks, even if it only scratches the surface. Lucani isn’t submerged in her way of life as she had been in Seageda and so the young leader gives her a little more to work with.

“My warriors have the option of preforming the ritual in private. Whoever they want to be there, along with a healer and myself,” she explains, glancing toward the older woman. The way about her is gentle and Thuringwethil doesn’t get the impression a mark is necessary to scar her shoulder but she doesn’t search for the information. Heda, however,” she begins again, speaking of a separate entity, “must receive the marks in front of her wolves.”

I'm almost to one hundred. :o
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
RE: let me tell you what i wish i'd known when i was young and dreamed of glory - by Antumbra - February 01, 2016, 12:42 PM