Sleeping Dragon let me tell you what i wish i'd known when i was young and dreamed of glory
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil slowly nods her head, giving her a moment to gather the words she wishes to explain. They learn over time the ways of her wolves, born into it, submerged completely. It is ingrained, born with the knowledge they don’t have to teach. A wolf, older than she, trying to absorb generations of her ways into a few single conversations. Some of her ways may not translate into Sleeping Dragon and Thuringwethil loathed to leave parts of her behind.

“It is like an alpha, but more,” she begins, moving along the border she and Gyda buries a path into. Occasionally she deviates and rubs her snout against a tree but the strength in scent has remained since she last time she’d walked through. “One is called to lead their wolves until they die and the spirit moves on to the next wolf.”

She’d explained once, after Eli, she’d been called to lead her wolves. Threatened by the wolf at her doorstep, she hadn’t gone into more detail and Lucani hadn’t pushed it. With nothing over her head, she doesn’t ward it off anymore. Lucani deserves to know what she can learn by teachings but Thuringwethil craves the art of living the way her wolves always had. Even if Thuringwethil doesn’t live in Seageda anymore, the weight of the others are still piled upon on her shoulders. For now, they are better off without her as they sort through, questioning their own ways and faith in the chosen one.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
RE: let me tell you what i wish i'd known when i was young and dreamed of glory - by Antumbra - February 07, 2016, 08:51 AM