Moonspear A New Way of Life
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
The path underfoot warranted its share of her attention, but since she was so familiar with them, she could spare to watch him over her shoulder now and again. "It will count for something, I think.." she returned with a wave of her tail about the snow. They would always have plenty of that in the wintertime, and their snow-capped upper reaches would persist through the warmest months most likely (she'd have to find out, this would be her first summer on this particular mountain). He would adjust to the terrain, it just took time and lots of practice. Most wolves were capable so long as they did not let the mountain dominant them instead. She believed they were better for it -- something she could just feel in her bones when she could breath deep and practically power over the easy terrains of the flatlands compared to this.

His brief struggle over a jump that landed a little short worried her for a beat, but she saw him right it quickly afterward. This was what she meant. It was moments like those, the slips and even the bruises, that would really speed along his learning. Or, the mountain would just prove to be too much. But at least up further up and around there were stretches of mountainside that were mild compared to this. They had their little gentle meadows and sloped forests, along with a lot of rocks and angles elsewhere of course.

Afterward, she glanced him over. His question was quick to a point. "Ah, I moved my last pack here from a different mountain in the autumn. We combined with a coastal pack, which both my alpha male and beta came from originally, and mutually picked this Spear." It was the brief history of how she'd landed here, of all places. She was sparse on the particularly personal details by nature. "Before that last mountain I lived at a creekside briefly and a longtime loner before that.. after leaving the homeland." She'd left citing reasons of being just too damn unsettled after too many close losses, and veiled it in a self-imposed exile approved of by both alphas (her parents, no less), but the more she'd grown, the more she understood why her mother had suggested so in the first place. "Over the few seasons I have known these slopes, they have treated me well with good hunting and otherwise. Sometimes it does attract the attention of other predators, though." Namely the bears hung on the forefront of her thought, but one was dead and the other unaccounted for.

"And what of you? Where did your path begin?" she quipped.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
A New Way of Life - by Arren - March 27, 2016, 11:22 PM
RE: A New Way of Life - by Amekaze - March 28, 2016, 08:42 PM
RE: A New Way of Life - by Arren - March 28, 2016, 09:42 PM
RE: A New Way of Life - by Amekaze - March 28, 2016, 11:51 PM
RE: A New Way of Life - by Arren - March 29, 2016, 03:02 PM
RE: A New Way of Life - by Amekaze - March 30, 2016, 01:11 AM
RE: A New Way of Life - by Arren - March 30, 2016, 08:00 PM
RE: A New Way of Life - by Amekaze - March 30, 2016, 10:57 PM
RE: A New Way of Life - by Arren - March 30, 2016, 11:40 PM