Blackfeather Woods How could this happen?
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Some PP to get them all the way to Greatwater. Lemme know if you want anything changed. Also assuming that Burke told Kove at one point that he was from the north, and then Kove told Xan; I honestly can't remember if it was ever mentioned before or not. x-x;;
Xan succeeds in catching a fish.

Still had he been when she'd stayed near to him, disinterested in putting any space between them. Since he would not leave without her, he'd not considered her having remained there only to make sure he'd not gone, but had instead taken it as a sign that they were growing closer. That, perhaps, she might open back up soon and return to her usual, strange self. She'd even said something! Er... well, sort of. No matter how it'd sounded, it was a word all the same, and so he'd viewed it as a step in the right direction. Despite that, he did not smile or given any indication that he was glad to hear her voice, for the real task at hand had yet to be completed. The corners of the girl's lips had yet to lift into a smile of any sort, and so until then, he would wear either the same mutual expression or a frown—whichever the situation called for, really. "Then let's go," he'd said, looking to her once more before entering the world above entirely.

Xan had wasted no time in leading her through the territory, and then over the borders and into the area beyond their home. As they'd traveled, he'd allowed them only a few breaks in between, wishing to reach the lake as quickly as possible. With the sun out, it was only a matter of time before his eyes really started to burn and he needed to return to the darkness, so he wanted so desperately to get some sort of positive reaction out of her before then. Even when they'd reached the lake, he did not stop, his body moving into it and disturbing the cool surface. Rather than insisting that she follow him in, he motioned for her to remain on the banks for the time being. "Both our dads are from the north. I don't know if Burke ever grew up fishing, but my dad told me it's a big part of my family's lifestyle up there, and I want to share that with you," Xan began, glancing her way. "I think the fish taste good, and I'm sure you will like them, too. Catching them also looks fun, so I'll show you how to if you want to learn." That is, if he managed to catch one for her to try.

"Just wait right there..." the boy murmured, his attention being drawn back to the water. He remained still, watching as silvery creatures swam around before him, some growing curious and approaching his legs. Only the movements of his sides as he breathed could be seen, and even that was limited to the bare minimum. Aim beside them, he'd reminded himself. It was the one thing he'd heard his father tell him about fishing, and the one factor he hoped would save him from looking like a fool. So, when one fish got dangerously close to the young wolf, his head darted forward, muzzle aimed for the space next to the sleek body. There was a loud splash as his face broke the surface, and then when he rose back up, there in his muzzle was the fish. It'd flopped a few times before he'd tightened his grip, causing the jerking motions to stop as the life faded from its small body. Thereafter, he'd walked from the water's embrace and placed the fish at Kendra's front paws. "Try it," Xan encouraged. "Do you want to learn how to do it? Do you want me to get you water plants to go along with it?" Honestly, the young Inuit was uncertain of what he could do to make her smile, but wanted to try anything and everything that came to mind.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
How could this happen? - by Kendra - May 04, 2016, 03:17 PM
RE: How could this happen? - by Xan - May 04, 2016, 04:57 PM
RE: How could this happen? - by Kendra - May 05, 2016, 03:51 AM
RE: How could this happen? - by Xan - May 14, 2016, 03:17 PM
RE: How could this happen? - by Kendra - May 14, 2016, 04:31 PM
RE: How could this happen? - by Xan - May 14, 2016, 04:46 PM
RE: How could this happen? - by Kendra - May 14, 2016, 04:57 PM
RE: How could this happen? - by Xan - May 14, 2016, 05:36 PM